It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I invented a drug, Im'a be rich!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Ok, someone please take my idea. If you are a biochemist or a biochemical engineer of sorts, please patent this idea and do something with it to make it reality:

It has been discussed previously, and good evidence was provided for the idea that deja vu is when a person subconciously places impulses from the sensory organs in long term memory instead of short term. This makes you believe that you have actually experienced something previously and you are now experiencing it again in an identical setting. Maybe you even think you had a dream about this moment and you are psychic.

If someone could isolate the hormone that initiates deja vu, it would be valuable for many different things.
Firstly, it could help with learning defficiencies by placing an experience in long term memory automatically. You could cram for a test with the help of a pill made up of a substance that tells your body to secrete this hormone in your brain.

Secondly, marijuana smokers are prone to short term memory loss so why not take the pill before you smoke? This way you could experience both drugs at the same time and feel both of their effects. Short term memory would be bypassed and everything would automatically be placed in the long term. There are various ways to use this new drug with marijuana. You could crush the pill up and put it on a bowl to be smoked with the marijuana.

I suspect the effects would be incredibly trippy. You would think you were dreaming in all likelyhood and possibly would think you were a prophet of sorts. Some people tell me they think the idea is scary, others are jumping at the chance to be the first deja vu burnouts. What do you think? Is this possible? The government has been testing drugs like this for years, but I dont think deja vu crossed their minds.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   
that would be cool,

but also think about if somthing gose wrong???

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It would have to be tested of course and tweaked for the desired effects

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
That is very interesting!!

Life would be like the movie "Groundhog Day"!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Insite :

You sound like a biochemist dude you dont need any1 to help you.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Thanks drunk! I just wish I knew how to go about chemistry and what to use in a lab. I would also need some serious equipment in order to find out what hormone creates deja vu. It doesnt happen very often so I would have to keep the test subject in the lab hooked up to the computer for a few months.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
im not really sure that its a hormone which is responsible if anything I think its simply just a psychological condition

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   
But everyone experiences deja vu from time to time. There must be some chemical that initiates it. A brain doesn't do something unless it has "instruction," meaning something needs to tell the brain to change its wave function. This could be a chemical, certain sequence of impulses or something else.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'll check into it, it is definitely a chemical reaction, you are right about that. I will let you know if I find something. I have access to everything one would need to do this.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Are you serious? Man, im so ignorant in the capabilities of the scientific research community. You could be rich mooseofterror, use that as your motivation.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
insite, I will work for weed.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I'll be your guinea pig as long as you can guarantee i wont die!

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Not only are you gonna be rich you're gonna be druglord!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I also thought about something like that...
But my idea is based on the 21st frame...
That frame could contain something like a cheat sheet in history or something in that spirit...

Any ideas??

[Edited on 16-12-2003 by Boris]

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It's a very solid Idea. However, I do have one concern.

I'm afraid that one of the side-effects of your drug would more than likely be some sort of insanity. When you think about it....could you live your life, or even do something as simple as study with the belief that you're living through everything again for the second time? I think that it would cause immense fear, confusion, etc, etc, among people who use the drug, hence, insanity/paranoia/dementia as a side effect.

To be completely honest, it's a huge risk with any pharmecuticals used to alter brain activity.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Reactions in the brain itself are not caused by hormones.

Unfortunately, brain's biochemistry isn't known well enough to try this. Deja vu also is caused by a certain part of the brain, wich is not known to us.

We must wait for the NBIC to discover the mechanisms controling our mentality.

And when we know all the processes, we won't need drugs to alter the brain's processes. We will repair the brain structure itself.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I didn't think scientist even knew how memories even worked. I don't think they know how memories are transmitted.

That would be cool though to be able to transmit things to long term memory.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
We will finally all end like Motoko Kusanagi

With plugs in our heads

[Edited on 15-12-2003 by Johnny]

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
insite, I will work for weed.

Me too, we should start a business.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but a few months ago, didn't they talk about a drug that was able to tap into long term memory, instead of short term? has nothing to do with the deja vu theory, but i believe that a drug is already in the works. i'll try to find a link for it and post it up when i find it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join