It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antimatter bomb

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Cyrus,

thanks for the info on anti-matter.

but I'm not sure that we fully understand physics yet so maybe anti-matter is not such a challenge after all?

but that would also mean that our present capabilities would be limited, provided that we are aware of what our abilities are?

np,
im a little worried on the matter myself, i dislike physics intensely, note: i love metaphysics.
i benefitted from this post today

im glad to say that it's motivation from this topic that drove me to get through some relatively tedious physics stuff today.
oh, and to the guy who gets turned on by bombs....an attempt at a joke, nothing more, a sick attempt that is.
blondes are bombs = him "u know what"...man, get ur # together, no1 appreciates this kind of posting...furthermore i doubt if any1 found you amusing

Cyrus

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Everyone is thinking about this on the wrong level. You (most of you) are assuming that it (anti-matter is not easily produced. You have to remember that any technology that is shown in today's news, the government is 15 years ahead of by the time it hits the press. I'm not talking conspiracy here either. There is no telling what is possible under the veil of scientific secrecy. Power is cheap, people in power don't want this fact known.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
LOL, i'm just a 19 year old guy (bout to be a daddy
) who has an interest in particle and theoretical physics ( but I'll be the first one to admit i dont know that much about it, and all the mathmatics involved precludes me from ever diving to deeply into it

but it's fun to read about and ponder lol

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by KKing123
LOL, i'm just a 19 year old guy (bout to be a daddy
) who has an interest in particle and theoretical physics ( but I'll be the first one to admit i dont know that much about it, and all the mathmatics involved precludes me from ever diving to deeply into it

but it's fun to read about and ponder lol

true...true *nods head vigorously*
im 16, am addicted to these little trinkets u can collect...they're informative knick-knacks...cant put it any other way

glad some1 shares this on the board,
Cyrus

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
hmmm, i was shure that the planets technology over all was 10 years ahead of what citizens are aware of, but thats just me although i did read that in a book or magazine, i think popular mechanics. also i read about a battle island, man built thats about 5 miles long and has an airbase, army barax, and a shipyard on it and there are bridges that connects it to other battle islands.SWEET HUH? well i also like to ready aboutt his stuff and o ya anti matter isnt gonna come out until another 500 years
or until we get interstellar space travel, which ever comes first due to the fact that earth doesnt have the right amount recources or technology to gather enough anti matter to make even 25 percent of the bomb so itll be awhile before we get to that stage and by then we will have all types of goodies, like mechs, space combat ships, space fighters, teleportation, anti grav, and much much more! although non of us will be alive til then
, well maybe for the anti grav and teleportation, more than half way there! of what im aware of anyways, well happy huntings ppl!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I read one of the theories of tunguska event was an antimatter explosion.

www.tmeg.com...

As for all the nuke bombs now, it seems pretty useless with the lack of opposing superpowers and the mutually assured destruction concept. God knows why we would need an antimatter bomb. Perhaps if an A-M bomb created in the vacuum of space it could be used to destroy a killer asteroid headed towards earth. That's the only use I could think of. Or we could obliterate ourselves.
I really don't know if the military has or is developing a-m bombs, I'm sure they've looked into it. Let's hope there's no accidental explosions when they finally make one. (whoops, I left a hydrogen in the vacuum chamber)

In a strange way a mushroom cloud is really scary but magnificent (in that it's so huge and dominating). Any one have any idea what an antimatter explosion would look like? I'm imagining the spaceship from alien exploding

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
hmmm, i was shure that the planets technology over all was 10 years ahead of what citizens are aware of, but thats just me although i did read that in a book or magazine, i think popular mechanics. also i read about a battle island, man built thats about 5 miles long and has an airbase, army barax, and a shipyard on it and there are bridges that connects it to other battle islands.SWEET HUH? well i also like to ready aboutt his stuff and o ya anti matter isnt gonna come out until another 500 years
or until we get interstellar space travel, which ever comes first due to the fact that earth doesnt have the right amount recources or technology to gather enough anti matter to make even 25 percent of the bomb so itll be awhile before we get to that stage and by then we will have all types of goodies, like mechs, space combat ships, space fighters, teleportation, anti grav, and much much more! although non of us will be alive til then
, well maybe for the anti grav and teleportation, more than half way there! of what im aware of anyways, well happy huntings ppl!

get real....2005 u'll be worrying more about your next door neighbour wasting your ass than anything else, and the fact tha bush'es popularity is heading downhill will be bound to spark some sort of conflict....civil war is inevitable.
as for 2013, well...u know

nuclear blasts are to render the planet 80% water instead of the 72%, icecaps melt....hint, dont buy any beach houses.
buy a hill house.
and, buy one of these...
it'll probably be the only way for you to get to other places....scrap your GTO while you're at it

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Alot of you are thinking about Anti-matter in a totaly incorrect manner.

There is no "generalized" Anti-matter. There is only an Anti-matter that only corresponds with it's oppisite. For example; hydrogen and anti-hydrogen.

Saying Antimatter is like saying all the matter that exists in the world and saying its oppisite. Making something thats the oppisite off everything that exists in the universe isn't feasable. Although you could argue it's theoreticaly (and technicaly) possible.

But you see what I mean?

Although I know a specific anti-matter with it's oppisite have "explosive" results, I'm only assuming a specific anti-matter has no affect on anything else other than it's own oppisite. I'm not quite sure.....

And please stay relevant to the topic.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mig12
If we every harness antimatter, could it be used to create a destructive bomb?

www.rnw.nl...

Nine countries across the globe are currently conducting research into nuclear isomers. This could lead to a revolutionary new way of generating energy, but also pave the way for a new generation of thermonuclear weapons that would fall outside the scope of a treaty stemming nuclear weapons proliferation.

Classified
An independent Swiss nuclear scientist told Radio Netherlands that the IDA report appears to be a �sanitized' version of a classified research document. "It is striking that many researchers, even within the US, that are actively working on that part of the issue [triggering, HdV] are not mentioned. Moreover, several very general scientific possibilities for doing isomer triggering are not even addressed to in that report", said professor Andr� Gsponer of the Independent Scientific Research Institute.

Hafnium
On the debate about isomers, which at present concentrates on the heavy metal Hafnium-178, professor Gsponer told Radio Netherlands: "One is at a research and development stage. At present, I don't think one has identified the right isomer for that application. Hafnium is most likely not the one to come out. Similarly, one has not identified the correct triggering mechanism".

According to professor Gsponer, �isomer triggering' is only one of several techniques currently being investigated in the quest for devices that can directly initiate nuclear fusion. He said others included magnetic compression, metallic hydrogen, anti-matter, and a new generation of extremely powerful lasers.

It mentions antimatter being used as a trigger mechanism for a bomb. Does that count?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The original 2003 Discover Mag. excerpt I shared was actualy meant to reffer to uses as rocket fuel, not a bomb. But it still could be applicable.

As uses for a bomb, you'd have to keep the hydrogen and anti-hydrogen seperated but so that they would "combine" togeather on impact, creating it's effect.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Any one have any idea what an antimatter explosion would look like?

I would think that the matter would seem to disappear. Antimatter as a trigger? Hmm..interesting.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Any one have any idea what an antimatter explosion would look like?

I would think that the matter would seem to disappear. Antimatter as a trigger? Hmm..interesting.

antimatter could be the trigger....but think of the phenomenal effect it could possibly have if it was used as the nominative factor....we are discussing a very secluded/dangerous subject, i am worried that i'll have knocks on my doors if i carry on, i dont know if my theories' count as "correct", like i said, just a kid with his rantings on this matter....a very bright kid at that

anti-matter has the tendency to get real unstalb,e REAL FAST!! u dont wanna around that detonator....
create enough detonator and the hydrogen bomb'll look like a firecracker.
my vote's that the U.S has already uncovered this and has created a stationary delete button

just my 2-copecs say so

if something went permanently wrong(eg: bush says' something horrible about the previous czars of russia coupled with an insult to the british monarchy)
now THAT^^^ i doubt he'd wave his way through

we'll be known as the ones' who had it all, & threw it all away, quote Titor...

Cyrus

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Anti-matter is only going to react with its corresponding oppisite.

The reaction of hydrogen and anti-hydrogen is basic one h311 of an explosion. It doesn't cause things to dissolve or disappear. An anti-hydogen isn't going to affect other matter just because its the oppiste of hydrogen. So an "anti-matter bomb" has to be specified what matter/anti-matter it contains. And it needs to have both the anti-matter and corresponding oppisite matter to work. You can't just have an anti-hydrogen and get the same affect with out bombarding it with hydrogen.

I know I'm partially redundant, but alot of these facts are being ignored.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperspace
I like bombs, they make me cum.

dude you should be perma banned for this comment i mean there are children who look at this stuff, "daddy what does (unexplicited word) mean?" thats what a little kid would be asking and nether the less how could you to a huge piece of cold metal that carries enough explosives to blow up your home town? it doesnt make sense, you need to see a docter, seriously man you do.

Why are there going to be any litle kids at a conspiracy website?
*Turns and asks "Daddy what does this word mean?"*

and also..Yes, I was guessing that we could make any type of antimatter, like anti-argon, and turn the earth uninhabitable.

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by mig12]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   

dude you should be perma banned for this comment i mean there are children who look at this stuff, "daddy what does (unexplicited word) mean?" thats what a little kid would be asking and nether the less how could you to a huge piece of cold metal that carries enough explosives to blow up your home town? it doesnt make sense, you need to see a docter, seriously man you do.

I am a doctor.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I am a doctor.

then could you plz help his poor soul?

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

get real....2005 u'll be worrying more about your next door neighbour wasting your ass than anything else, and the fact tha bush'es popularity is heading downhill will be bound to spark some sort of conflict....civil war is inevitable.
as for 2013, well...u know

nuclear blasts are to render the planet 80% water instead of the 72%, icecaps melt....hint, dont buy any beach houses.
buy a hill house.
and, buy one of these...
it'll probably be the only way for you to get to other places....scrap your GTO while you're at it

whats your basis for this info? and why do you think this is gonna happen, first of all if anything bush wont be pres for 2004, second of all nukes wont be spilling out in 2013 because umm let me guess they will be absolite and unuseless for the fact that the hypersoar is under construction and with that in place, who needs nukes? why not carpet bomb the enemy before they ask 3 hours later what had happened and wheres my house? the point is that even if the ice caps melted we would be somewhere else trying to colonize another planet and besides that ugly buggy wont do it, we will have the national gaurd use the 13 battalion hovercrafts
those things are HOT, H...O....T.... HOT!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Um, you just told the guy to see himself, jackarse.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Um, you just told the guy to see himself, jackarse.

im SRY for BEING a JACKARSE for YOU see IM not A perfect HUMAN being AND i DONT realize EVERYTHING wrong I do. SO if YOU would PLZ refrain FROM using THIS type OF language I would HIGHLY appreciate IT. and ALSO it IS possible TO see YOURSELF. ITS called SELF examination.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Mig12 chooses to talk about the topic at hand and not psyciatric help.

How could a "teaspoon" of antimatter destroy the earth? What if it was a "teaspoon" of anti-iron?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join