It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police to videotape protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This is getting scary! From the article:

Department rules that took effect Oct. 25 also permit officers to pose as members of groups as long as the intelligence-gathering has a legitimate law-enforcement purpose. And the rules let officers surf the Internet to scan groups' Web sites for information about them.

Full Story: www.suntimes.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Basically, if you're caught on video while attending a protest, just be careful not to get taped doing something extremely violent or anti-social...Stay cool & collected; Say what you have to say in a civil & calm voice...

*Peaceful* protests are still legal...And if anyone tries to break up a *peaceful* protest, then it's another charge of violating the Constitution that you can pin on them.

In any event, I would *not* condone any violence from the protesters unless violent means are attempted to break the protest...In other words, don't let yourself get caught in another Tinannen Square situation.

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I agree with you 110% MDS. Its the other parts that bother me. I suppose that technically even this site could be considered worth monitoring and infiltrating. Its a site dedicated to uncovering what the government is trying to keep top secret. Plus I have read people on here making statements about globalization, ie. the new world order and their willingness to fight such a move straw, tooth and nail.

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Not to sound blase about it, but let them monitor all they wish.

However, if they decide to twist my messages of peace, brotherhood & non-violent reformation of this Nation back to its original tenants & principles into something else, they'd only wind up making a martyr for a cause that they wish to see squelched for their own greed.

I have no *wish* to become a martyr & seek to *avoid* it as much as I can, but if that what it takes to get this Nation back on track, then so be it. Even those who command power & influence knows (& has been proven time & again throughout history) that a dead martyr has more influence than a live prophet.

Jesus had more & longer-lasting influence after he died than he ever could gain while alive. It's just that history has shown that the people who've died while advocating what a good idea it would be to just "get along with each other" are the ones who wind up getting killed; Rarely do these people die of old age...And it's *because* of this repeated mistake made by "those in power" that such messages spread the farthest & influence the most people.

"If you strike me down, I'll only become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."--Obi Wan Kenobi

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Your right, of course. And after reconsidering, I think it would be really cool if spooks infiltrated the board. Then people would stop mocking me for my "Guess who's the Spook" polls! lol

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well, if you do something illegal and cops catch you, to bad. If you are peaceful and they tape you, no problem, you aren't doing anything illegal. Wha the problem?

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 09:48 PM
link   
James that's always the WORST THING ANYONE CAN EVER SAY!!!!

By allowing them to video tape or whatever, you are giving the government THAT much more control over your every day lives....it doesn't matter if now it seems harmless...because when the government becomes oppressive and dictatoral, and it will if we allow it...they then have all the weapons they need to rule your everyday lives...like you were puppets on string.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I just read the quote in the first post

Thank god no one can "pose" to be a freemason, and any cop freemason I doubt would accept the assignment!

Score yet another for the Gaurdians of Democracy!

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 10-11-2002 by FreeMason]

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One SacI think it would be really cool if spooks infiltrated the board.

Quick! Anybody know the phone number to reach the Ghostbusters?!!!

I ain't afraid of no ghost...

Seriously though, even though I don't agree that they're trying to take away our right of privacy by attempting to monitor *everything*, I'm also enough of a realist to realize that I'm going to have to at least put up with their attempts to do so until the People finally decide to stand up to them & tell them that they're wrong to even try.

[Edited on 10-11-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 08:29 AM
link   
"And the rules let officers surf the Internet to scan groups' Web sites for information about them. "

Nice...

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 09:11 PM
link   
this happend in new york as well, when people were protesting against the war in vietnam...
they had people dressed up as regular news reporters that took pictures of those that attended.
then they would get people's finger prints by asking individuals if they could hold their cameras or something.
they still have the pictures, but the feds. have possession of them.

[Edited on 11-17-2002 by echelon]

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 09:22 PM
link   
that link doesn't work anymore...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
If only you knew how crazy it all has become since the op. Police video tape us and we video tape them video taping us kind of thing. And the amount of incidents of police misconduct being recorded is increasing dramatically.

top topics

join