It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Governor Vetoes Bill Allowing Concealed WeaponsWisconsin Governor Vetoes Bill Allowing Con

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Wisconsin Governor Vetoes Bill Allowing Concealed Weapons, Says It Could Threaten Safety

I totally disagree with that reasoning. In states where concealed weapons permits are legal, crime rates are LOWER. For a very good reason. One might think twice before being stooopid enuff to pull a gun on someone or committing a crime in public.

The Associated Press
Published: Nov 18, 2003

WESTPORT, Wis. (AP) - Gov. Jim Doyle vetoed a bill Tuesday that would have allowed residents to carry concealed weapons in public, saying it threatened the safety of police officers and citizens.
Doyle, a Democrat, said the bill is flawed because it would allow guns in shopping malls, public libraries, the state Capitol and concert venues.

Lawmakers can override the governor's decision with a two-thirds vote in both chambers. The Assembly had approved the legislation 64-35, while the Senate voted 24-8 to approve an earlier version of the bill. Republicans control both houses.

Overturning Doyle's veto would require 66 votes in the Assembly and 22 votes in the Senate.

Applicants would be subject to background checks and could be denied a license if they were convicted of a violent crime or other specified offenses. Those who have been found mentally incompetent or chemically dependent also would not be allowed to carry a concealed weapon.

AP-ES-11-18-03 1517EST

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
@#%$*^@%$*%@((*!#%($!(@^$(*!&#
(%*!)(_#%&_~(^(!&#%!)#_+!@)$&^(@*
SON OF A @*$&^@!

did i mention i hate doyle?

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem
@#%$*^@%$*%@((*!#%($!(@^$(*!&#
(%*!)(_#%&_~(^(!&#%!)#_+!@)$&^(@*
SON OF A @*$&^@!

did i mention i hate doyle?

I kinda got that impression.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
That dude has to be nuts, at least it says crazies and criminals cant have the guns in the places he mentioned. Hell most court houses dont permit police (except for the bayliff) to possess a firearm in the courtrooms, or in some cases the entire building.

top topics

join