It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investigators Say Pilot Error to Blame for Crash That Killed Sen. Wellstone, 7 Others

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I just saw this. They're saying it was pilot error that caused Paul Wellstone's plane to crash. Any thoughts?

Investigators Say Pilot Error to Blame for Crash That Killed Sen. Wellstone, 7 Others
By Leslie Miller Associated Press Writer
Published: Nov 18, 2003

WASHINGTON (AP) - Pilot error caused the plane crash that killed Sen. Paul Wellstone, D-Minn., and seven others just before the 2002 election, federal investigators said Tuesday.
The twin-propeller King Air A100 stalled when the flight crew slowed it too quickly while approaching Eveleth-Virginia Municipal Airport in northern Minnesota on Oct. 25, 2002, investigators told the National Transportation Safety Board. The plane lost altitude, veered sharply, sheared off treetops and crashed 2 1/2 miles short of the runway.

"The flight crew did not monitor and maintain minimum speed," NTSB Aircraft Performance Group Chairman Charlie Pereira told the board.

Interviews conducted after the crash revealed shortcomings in the proficiency of both pilots, investigators said.

After the presentation by Pereira and other investigators, the NTSB voted unanimously to accept the finding that pilot error was to blame.
The rest:
ap.tbo.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
There were several Wellstone threads that came up when I did a search for thread titles, I saw yours had -6 replies, whatever the heck that means, so I thought I would bump yours with an interesting little tidbit I read this evening about Sen. Wellstone, Asbestos and W. R. Grace...
www.cyberspaceorbit.com...
www.cyberspaceorbit.com...
The first link a fascinating conversation, I don't know these guys from adam, but they've done some interesting investigating here and I think it needs looked at.

Edit:
How does a thread have a negative number of replies to it in the first place? I noticed when I replied to it and looked at under today's posts, it went up to -5 replies, so it is definately counting negative replies. Are replies being deleted? Are mod forum only replies counted as negative replies or something? I saw alot of these actually in looking through old obscure threads.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by twitchy]

new topics

join