It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do For 400 USD A Month?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
A man who wanted to be an oceanographer while growing up could not afford the schooling to earn the degree. But he did get a scuba license and has taught scuba. However for 400 USD a month he now swims through the underground sewers to unblock the miles of tunnels that run beneath the Mexican capital.

Paid just $400 a month to de-clog the miles of sewage tunnels running beneath the Mexican capital, diver Cu comes across the nastiest of flotsam.

"The oddest have been dead animals, animal heads, dead people," he said. "Unfortunately a lot of bodies end up here."

Cu's job is to prevent blockages in tunnels of up to 20-feet (6-meter) wide that could cause sewage to flood onto city streets. "Once, we fished out car parts which I think would have fit together to make a whole car," he said.

First of all this man does have an important job, which benefits millions of people, but do you think he is worth more or less then 400 USD a month?
Would you do his job for 400 USD a month?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Yuck!

I wouldn't even get out of bed for $400/month let alone do something like this! How can he do this and remain healthy, I think he'd get some disease and die swimming in Mexican sewers...

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

I wouldn't even get out of bed for $400/month let alone do something like this! How can he do this and remain healthy, I think he'd get some disease and die swimming in Mexican sewers...

Djohnsto,
First off I don't think they should be doing that in a wet suite. They should be in a dry suite or something more sturdy. Also they should be sprayed with some sort of detox agent after getting out. I know the chance of desise is great but I was also aware that many people do jobs like this. Such as going into tanks of waste to repair equipment.
I can't say I would not get out of bed for 400 USD a month but I do think these people deserve more then that.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
We were planning to visit the Mexican sewers on our next vacation. They'll pay us to check them out? That is awesome! Can we keep what we find? If so, even better!!

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
We were planning to visit the Mexican sewers on our next vacation. They'll pay us to check them out?

Well I don't know if they will pay you to check them out unless you might be filling in for one of workers. Although I expect you might be able to keep what you find.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
wow i have alot of respect for that man, He knows what he wants and he will do what he can to be able to get it,

This man will be the best at whatever he does purely for the spirit he has,

I do think he should be paid far more than what he is getting, I believe that most who do the jobs we find disgusting should be paid the most, after all they are doing our dirty work,

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
This man will be the best at whatever he does purely for the spirit he has,

Asala,
Of everything that has been said on this thred I think that statment you made above is about the best thing ever said hear.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I would technically call him a plumber.

Everyone knows
the plumbers saying goes.

If you expect me to get poop on my clothes
I expect you to pay out the nose.

top topics

join