It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry: What do you think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'm beginning this post...because as to better understand where you are comming from, I'm curious what you all "think" about freemasonry, and "know" about it, or "think you know"

Just post whatever, it's not as much a debate post as a, WHAT DO YOU THINK! post

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I feel that Freemasons are in fact opposite to what their title suggests. They are not free, but bound. The eyes of their understanding are tightly shut.

Forgive me I do not intend to speak against you personally.

But I would like to ask you this.

I live in a small town of six thousand people, and there are supposedly many freemasons here. I for one would not be able to point any of them out, For they are so secrective. Why are they so secretive?

If they were not so secretive, maybe people would be able to understand them more and accept them. I feel that the general puplic do not understand the real aim of the Freemasons, So what is their aim?

Thanks Freemason

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'll say this to your question....something that is in society, changes with that society, in order to maintain a tradition...one would have to remain outside of the society they are in....therefore, for an organization that does have ideals, for it to maintain those ideals unaltered in any nation and any religion, it remains to itself, hiding its art and teachings so that those outside it don't pervade it, and those within it understand it more and respect it more than if it were an open organization.

Take Christianity for instance, there are literally HUNDREDS of versions, neither of which recognizes the other, and Catholism tried to fight this by subverting the world...Islam is the same, and though Buddhism did it peacefully, it too was the same, in that it also is fractured into many sects.

There is only ONE form of Freemasonry, no other forms, never have been, never will be.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I'm sure you are aware of the conspiracy theories surrounding the Masons. In the past, I was certain of the validity of these theories, but still maintained that the rank and file members were not part of this, only the inner circle.
Today, my concerns of some evil conspiracy originating from the Masons is waning, but I still have a problem with a secret society, and I'll never confess to be in the dark and request a mere mortal to bring me into the light. Every Mason I've spoken with says that you must believe in "God" to be a Mason, but I don't see how a Christian could be one.

On another hand, as far as secret societies go, I suppose that some might say that being able to go into the Cosmic forum, where mere mortals aren't allowed, is a type of secret society, and I could respond by saying that we are not conspiring there. And we're not, by the way. But, why would you believe me? See what I'm getting at?
Ow, my brain hurts. Must not go so deep in thought!

Anyway, I've known many Masons and have had alot of respect for everyone of them, so that says something I suppose.

[Edited on 9-11-2002 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I know a number of Masons as well...very good people indeed.

Somehow I don't see them as the kind to go sacrificing virgins or drinking goats blood or any of that crap...so I have some doubts about this whole 'Freemason' conspiracy...it just doesn't pan out with what I've seen with my own eyes for years.

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yeah the very first site I ever found about freemasonry was

www.ephesians5-11.org...

Which is a site made by "born again christians" souther baptists...that hmm I guess you could say it both Bashes masonry and is unbiased.

On the surface it's very "satanism this" "satanism that" but I began correspondance with their "leader" organiser whatever...and eventually got out of him that they really have no problems with freemasons...but that they want every christian freemason to know that if you want to go to heaven you have to accept christ that kinda thing.

What it really boils down to is does the christian freemason feel that he's not turning his back on christ while being a mason...these southern baptists felt that way and so left.

But as Freemasonry is non-discriminant against religions, it all boils down to if the mason can live with masonry, if not, he is perfectly able to leave...although those ephesians guys think you are intimidated to stay.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What exactly do Freemasons believe? I know little of this society, and would appreciate a "Reader's Digest" version of their basic beliefs. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Actually that is QUITE much harder to answer...considering that what we "believe" is taught and quite a lengthy study

I think it is best summed up though with "The Fatherhood of God, the Brotherhood of Man". And that a Mason should always be willing to give charity but no more than such as not to put him in distress. And religous tollerance.

Of course the rest of it...and all the history that goes with it is for us masons

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 9-11-2002 by FreeMason]

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I have relatives who are Shriners, Masons, and former Rainbow Girls. I've attended a number of lodge meetings.

I urge everyone who cries 'conspiracy' to do what I did.

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Right on, yeah many over look the fact that every now and then lodges are opened to the public, and masons bring their families and such...hey Byrd, where are you from?
I'm curious which lodges

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 9-11-2002 by FreeMason]

top topics

join