It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Curse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I seem to remember someone talking about this on another thread, but on the other hand I could have be hallucinating so I'll start this topic anyway.

Why was the Presidental Curse not hit Bush yet. He's got less than a year for it to happen.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, it goes like this: Every 20 years, for...a long time, the president elected in that year has had something bad happen to them. Death usually.

1980- Ronald Regan shot, almost killed.
1960- JKF shot, killed.
1940- FDR dies in office
1920- Harding dies in office
1900- McKinley shot, killed.
1880- Garfield shot, dies.
1860- Lincoln shot, killed.
1840- Harrison dies in office.

Well there you go. Every president since Harrison. So when's Bush's time and what form will it come it?

I think that perhaps Dubya is the curse! What he's done to our country and the world....but that's just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I hadn't really thought of it this way, but it is certainly in keeping with the best prediction I've seen so far about Bush's presidential fate in the new Predictions Forum.

You would be a brave or foolhardy individual, or totally devoid of faith in good - or superstition, to take on the mantle after that long list.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I thought about putting in the Predictions section, the Paranormal section, and the Mud Pit. I just kind of closed my eyes and picked a forum...

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Yeah, Reagan pulled through, but he had to take a bullet. I wonder what Hairy Crotch will have to take? Maybe take it up the ass in prison, that would be suitable.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Superstitous nonsense. BTW FDR and Harding died of natural causes, to me, death like this isn't bad.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Maybe it'll go down in the UK, too cool.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Well if it does go down this week, the USA already has gunships patrolling London and 100/1000's of 'security' so i guess there would be 'just a few' UK civilian casualties as they all went nuts.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Isn't this a curse that a Native American put on the Presidents way back when?

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Bush: He shall be known as "Temporary".

And yes, it was a native american curse. Or was it just a Rural Legend?

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Superstitous nonsense. BTW FDR and Harding died of natural causes, to me, death like this isn't bad.

Read "The Strange Deaths of President Harding, by Robert Ferrell. There is some doubt on the death of Harding.

At the time of Harding's death there was talk of his similarity, personally if not politically, to Abraham Lincoln. Secretary of State Charles Evans Hughes described Harding as one of nature's noblemen, truehearted and generous. But soon after Harding's death, his reputation began to spiral downward. Rumors circulated of the president's death by poison, either by his own hand or by that of his wife; allegations of an illegitimate daughter were made; and question were raised concerning the extent of Harding's knowledge of the Teapot Dome scandal and of irregularities in the Veterans' Bureau, as well as his tolerance of a corrupt attorney general who was an Ohio political fixer. Journalists and historians of the time added to his tarnished reputation by using sources that were easily available but not factually accurate.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You can't deny the trend. Every president elected every 20 years, besides Reagan (shucks), has died one way or another. So....times up Bushie-boy!

Maybe it will be some overly-ambitious, mentally deranged Brit. Maybe it will be an airplane crash. Maybe it'll be a pretzel....

Anyway, if Bush does kick the bucket, the Republicans could be screwed in the 2004 election. I mean, who are they going to run? Cheney? I think not.

edit: Or maybe the fact that Bush wasn't actually "elected" will save him....

[Edited on 11/18/2003 by Flinx]

new topics

top topics

join