It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle to the DEATH! Who will WIN?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I chose this topic for a year 12 argumentative essay. Studied it heaps, was all excited about writing it, then the teacher said no, thought it was silly.

But anyways.

Who would win a battle to the death between a SALT WATER CROCODILE and a GREAT WHITE SHARK.

The scenario is:
One CROC and one GREAT WHITE of eqaul size and weight battle it out in a habitat designed olympic sized swimming pool. Each BEAST has just cracked wise about the other's mumma. So the only thing on their minds is PAY BACK.

WHO WILL WIN?

Just post who would win and why.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'll start it off.

I reckon the croc would win.
First the croc has body armor. Secondly when a croc attacks it thrashes while the victim is in its mouth. The shark isn't adequately equipped to handle the thrashing of the croc.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Depends, if the shark is to bite the croc first i am sure it would bite it in two.

If it was a deeper pool my money is for sure on the shark.

Shark teeth > Croc teeth

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Depends, if the shark is to bite the croc first i am sure it would bite it in two.

If it was a deeper pool my money is for sure on the shark.

Shark teeth > Croc teeth

It's an olympic sized swimming pool, so there's a deep and shallow end.

Also I just looked up some info.

A great white's bite can exert pressure of 2,000 pounds per square inch.

While a Salt Water Croc bite can exert pressure of 3,000 pounds per square inch.

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by StationsCreation]

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I say it all depends on who bites who first, i'd figure the shark would be more agile in the water?

Thats hard because crocs are bad ass swimmers aswell.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The great white would definately win.

The great white uses its lower jaw to anchor itself in the flesh of an animal, then it rocks its jaw back and forth using its upper teeth as knives. I dont care what that croc thinks its body armor can handle. Crocodiles must be provoked, a great white will attack anything just to see what it is 'cause they can't see worth #.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Great white shark without a doubt. A crocodile can exert a lot of pressure but the great whites teeth are way sharper. A croc uses its teeth more for grasping and ripping. The crocodile's underside it soft, the great white would cut the thing in half. I have seen the nature shows with the animals running across the river and a croc can't even take down a full grown zebra by itself, and those are some of the biggest crocs in the world.

Yup, for sure the Great White.

Now how about a Grizzly Bear and a Lion?

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Sorry...lost my train of thought on Lysergic's avatar....

If equal weight, then definitely the Croc, as the shark would be much smaller (so you can't say equal size AND weight).

If equal size, then the shark...due to speed, it could escape the croc, then come back with a bullet like strike...

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
let's make it more interesting...
Megladon

Vs.

Sarcosuchus imperator

top topics

join