It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not conspiracy related I'm afraid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I've been posting here a while and just needed a place to post a general message. I got a call tonight from a old friend who informed me another old friend and coworker committed suicide on Wednesday. I had even tried to reach her about a year ago to see if she could help me out in my business. I've been in a funk all evening. IT's so wierd when people just finally say, "screw it." And...when they're isolated and don't seem to be too plugged in it's even sadder. I can't find any news or an obituary anywhere. There's nothing. IT's like she wasn't even here. How sad. I'm sad.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I've been where she was, as many members of what was so fondly called the "teen suicide provention night" will remember. I don't know if this helps any, but sometimes there is nothing friends nor family can do. Sometimes it has to do with things no one ever knew about, something you could not have known if you had been with her every moment of any day. If I finally "screwed it" I wouldn't want most friends or family to blame themselves.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pherophile
I've been where she was, as many members of what was so fondly called the "teen suicide provention night" will remember. I don't know if this helps any, but sometimes there is nothing friends nor family can do. Sometimes it has to do with things no one ever knew about, something you could not have known if you had been with her every moment of any day. If I finally "screwed it" I wouldn't want most friends or family to blame themselves.

I totally understand. I've attempted it myself. I don't blame myself. It just really is sad to know someone is in such anguish. To know they felt that alone. Or hell...maybe she felt that empowered. It's just sad. I'm not kicking myself at all. I just wish she knew that people got a REAL kick out of her. I sure did.

new topics

join