It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Liberals- What do you want?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I agree Satyr, stupid people use the world liberal as slur to shut down debate. Thank that pill-popping jackass Rush Limbaugh for that. We prefer the term Progressive anyway...heh.

Like I said, I wasn't done.

Space- NASA needs either a major overhaul or needs to be disbanded. As we have seen recently, NASA culture is one of complacency and secrecy. There have been few steps foward in manned space flight in the past two decades. We haven't gone back to the moon, we don't have a viable plan to go to Mars, and our space station is a piece-of-crap tinkertoy. Let's not even begin to talk about the shuttle.

Project Prometheus is promising, but knowing NASA, it will never be implemented or be badly implemented far in the future. Mankind needs to get into space NOW, and NASA is not the one to take us there.

Business- I'm all for freedom of enterprise, but we've seen what unchecked capitalism can do. All of these big companies are moving their jobs offshore where they can get cheaper labor. Americans are losing jobs in record numbers. There needs to be regulation of these companies. They shouldn't be able to destabilize our job market so some rich CEOs and their buddies in the administration can stuff more money in their pockets.

Now for the most controversial part....

U.N.- The UN at present is powerless by itself. I think it needs teeth. I think the UN needs an army. I'm talking about an independent army of it's own, not troops borrowed from other countries. You would be able to go into a UN military recruitment office in any number of countries. Oh, but first, UN headquarters needs to be moved out of the United States to a more neutral country....say, Costa Rica or Belize.

Now, with this army the UN could do more than talk, they would be able to enforce their provisions. The UN military would then be able to deal with all these dictators terrorizing their people. They would be the ones to actually "liberate" a country. Instead of one nation invading a country with questionable motives, these military actions would have the strength of world opinion behind them.

Actually I'm still not done, but that's enough for now...

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think all Republicans share one brain.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
1) As to welfare....I belive in helping tjose willing to help themselves. I will not sit bye and watch people take advantage of the system. If your willing to go out and get a job, I'm willing to help you if the job, doesn;t pay enough to support your family...But I'll be damned if MY tax dollars go to support some lazy bastard, who isn't willing to work for his/her fair share.
2) As to GAY rights...you have the right to be a homosexual...but do not expect the rest of America to bend over for you...You want a civil union...FINE....BUT MARRIAGE IS BETWEEN ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN...IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT..LEAVE!!
3) Affirmative Action...is nothing more than reverse discrimination....Let the strong survive...if it wasn't for the LIBERAL form of our public schools...everyone would stand a chance.
4) Local Govt knows whats going on in the comunity...anything else is unsurping of their power. THE FEDERAL GOVT KNOWS NOTHING OF WHAT GOES ON IN THE COMMUNITY...GIVE CONTROL TO IT.
5) The Right to bear arms is stated in the 2nd amendment....if not for this right what is to keep the GOVT from taking control of the populace!!!!!
6) I will agree that the war on terror is construed to both sides...But I'd rather believe in my country than to be left open to attack!!!!!
7)You call me a Sheepublican...I beg to differ....
A) The war in Iraq is going wrong....as to whether we should be there...I DON'T KNOW!!!
B) I believe in a womans right to chose on abortion....BUT I DO NOT BELIEVE IT IS A METHOD OF BIRTH CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!
C) I believe this countries Foriegn policy is bad!!!

Do not call me a REPUBLICAN because of my beliefs...they are my own....IBELIEVE THIS COUNTRY WOULD DO GOOD TO HAVE MORE THAN 2 PARTIES...BUT THE ONE THAT FITS THE MOST OF MY BELIEFS GETS MY VOTE. Until the system changes....The majority of Americans are....DAMNED IF THEY DO, DAMNED IF THEY DON"T
SO KISS THIS!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So I am scum...
Just because I believe in what I earn is mine!!!
Well...F.U.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSRules
So I am scum...
Just because I believe in what I earn is mine!!!
Well...F.U.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you believe that what you earn is yours then you are a republician just like me!

You should be happy to not be a scum like liberals who just want to look like they care about poor.

They will take your money and give it to a lazy mom who doesnt want to work but sits on welfare!

Now that pisses me OFF!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
But Republicans are not perfect too!!! I lean more toward the Republican side in a 2 party world....But what if 3 or more voices where heard!!!! Who would follow them?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I have HOPE for America after reading CS RULES posts!

This person has his/her HEAD ON STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!

PEACE...
m...

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSRules
But Republicans are not perfect too!!! I lean more toward the Republican side in a 2 party world....But what if 3 or more voices where heard!!!! Who would follow them?

All I got to say is

Nobody is perfect.

I too think Republicians arent perfect.

But they are way closer then the liberals!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
What I want:

1)_A healthy economy

2)_No unjustified or "Pre-emptive" wars

3)_A low unemployment rate

Three things Dubya hasn't provided

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Why are conservative so damn noisy?! I mean really, relax and stop yelling. You have nothing to be mad about, you're in control. The goverment, industry, and the media is almost totally under your control. Of course

I say "your", but its actually the top 2 percent wealthiest people who've managed to convice you that there's minorites taking your jobs and lazy people taking your money. They've also managed to convince you that republicans are the party of small-government, even though they blatantly prove that they ARE NOT every single day. But you can ignore that little fact as long as they promise to let you keep your guns and keep the A-rabs way.

That's another thing, you always need to have an enemy. Nothing's ever postive, there's never peace. Always looking for someone to be the "OTHER", whether it's immigrants, communism, minorities, liberals or now muslims. That's why I'm out of this filthy toilet of a society as soon as possible.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
What I want:

1)_A healthy economy

www.georgewbush.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Yeah or he could do a worse job with a second chance.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Yeah or he could do a worse job with a second chance.

Dam that's really a scary thought. It�s going to be sad to see Bush start drafting these ultra want to be conservatives in the 18-25 age group and also liberals. It's coming boys get ready to die for king George.

www.bushdraft.com...

Glad i'm to old. But i'd rather stay in a prison then die to line some fat cats wallet even if i was of age.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   

What I want:

1)_A healthy economy

its all coming soon.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

its all coming soon.

When? I hope soon.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
its all coming soon.

1.police state
2.wars across the globe
3.more jobs leaving to other countries
4.corporate controlled government
5.eventual mass extinction of humans

yeah its coming soon alright

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   

When? I hope soon.

look at the economy its going up.

look at jobs they are coming back.

and the war is also coming together.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco
its all coming soon.

1.police state
2.wars across the globe
3.more jobs leaving to other countries
4.corporate controlled government
5.eventual mass extinction of humans

yeah its coming soon alright

you can see he is just plain stupid.

he doesnt look at info

he just makes it up as he goes.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

When? I hope soon.

look at the economy its going up.

look at jobs they are coming back.

and the war is also coming together.

please this is the most bull# i have read all day...

economy going up?? lol says who cnn and bush inc.?

jobs coming back?? like who?

the war is coming together?..holy crap did you really say that?

your such a liar..spreading ignorance all around...you got any links for that garbage or did you just make that up as you went along??

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco

please this is the most bull# i have read all day...

economy going up?? lol says who cnn and bush inc.?

jobs coming back?? like who?

the war is coming together?..holy crap did you really say that?

your such a liar..spreading ignorance all around...you got any links for that garbage or did you just make that up as you went along??

if you didnt know CNN is not for Bush.

they are Bush bashers like you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join