It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Liberals- What do you want?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Ok, might as well go ahead and make this one. Maybe we can keep the flaming to a minmum initially and wait until enough people have posted their stuff.

Cut n' Paste with a few changes...

So you're in charge of the US, you're the king, the head honcho, whateva. What do you do? What's the country like? How's it run? What's your ideal? Lay it out for us.

I just want to know...what do you want? Be honest and clear.

There's going to be no criticism, no flaming. Not from me at least... Questions, maybe.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Let's see, where to start. I've been thinking about this, but now that it's time to write it down, I've gone blank!

Elections- First of all get rid of the Electoral college system, whoever gets the most votes wins. Simple.
Massive campaign finance reforms. Every major candidate get the same amount of money for their campaign. No more soft money, no more using personal wealth, equal time on telvision and radio...etc.

Public education- Why is it that one public school will have computers, equipment, up to date learning materials, and new facilities but another will have nothing. Some children have to share textbooks, the schools have no computers and internet access, the facilities are crumbling and filthy, and children are packed into classrooms(closets) like sardines.
I want this problem solved! All children public schools should have the same opportunties. No one should be given a headstart while others are left behind.

Environment- Wean the country off of oil. Develop alterative energy sources, quickly. Remove gas chugging vehicles from the market. They're fine in a monster truck rally, or Nascar race, but not on the roads.

More government oversight of corporations. If they are taking shortcuts on anti-pollution devices or dumping pig # into the rivers, drop the hammer. I'll talk about this more later....maybe. I'm tired and want to go to bed.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Flinx, I thought this was a good topic and I had hoped there would be some responses. I was/am hoping you'll add to this like you said. (it's good discussion!)

I guess the 'others' don't have much to say once they get past 'Bush sucks'

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well, I am personally an oligarchist. The common person is too stupid to participate in government, if there is a group of intelligent, reasonably benevolent people ruling the country they could do much better than all the stalling of a mass rule. Oligarchies can get pretty bad some times however, and that is the good thing about democracy: while not much gets done, abuse of power is much harder to accomplish, though quite possible. But the question is on America, not some hypothetical state, right?

Well, I approve of most of Flinx's proposals but I will put some of my own stuff in too.

Elections: The electoral college needs to go. While it helps rural areas get a say, they have congress for that. The president is an office which should be picked by the majority of the country, and that does not mean that farmers should have more power in choosing their commander in chief. Candidates shall be subsidized by the government, and the only time that they can campaign is during governmentally sanctioned periods. The government will pay for your campaigning, it will not come out of your pocket.

Taxes: People under a certain yearly income shall not have to pay. The percentage taxed will increase for every tax bracket, ending somewhere between 39% and 55%. Tax evaders will have many of their luxury rights as citizens taken away until they can pay: while the right to free expression, religion and privacy are necessary for life, the right to vote shall be removed: why should you be able to partake in the luxuries of a government you do not materially participate in?

Healthcare: It shall recieve as much of the taxes as are necessary to provide free healthcare to every citizen in America. Right now the hospital situation system in America is horrendous, and anyone who has experienced it can verify this. Why is free healthcare so repugnant to conservatives? It is the morally just thing to do. More just than invading a third world country or two.

Education: The same as Flinx basically.

Oil: One of the most important resources in the world right now and we are just burning it? We use it for everything: that computer you are looking at right now would not be possible if not for the plastic made from oil that is its body, plastic is one of the most necessary substances on this planet and we are simply vaporizing the only thing that we can make it out of. We need alternative sources for energy and we need them fast.

Corporations: Say goodbye and say hello to small buisness. Nuff said.

Abortion: Its her body and she'll do what she wants too.

Drugs: By all means. The fact that tobacco is legal and other drugs are not is astounding. I say legalize everything: if someone does a drug that makes them commit a crime then we should punish them for the crime, they knew what they were getting into.

Death Penalty: Henceforth known as life in a maximum security prison without parole. It is the same thing, but cheaper, and you are still taking the perp off the streets.

Anything I am missing? (shall we skip the necessary joke about a brain?)

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Here are my rules:
1) READ THE CONSTITUTION...LIVE IT..LOVE IT...LEARN IT!!!!
2) If your an illegal alien, tuff #. Your out. Go about it the right way or forget it.
3) WELFARE... You need to get a job...we'll help, but if your not willing to work...TUFF #!!!
4) ABORTION...I'm against it, but a woman does have a right to chose....late term abortion...FORGET IT!!!!!!!!! ABORTION IS NOT A MEANS OF BIRTH CONTROL!!!!!
5) TAXES....A flat tax...where everyone pays there share!!!
6) READ MY LIPS....NO CAREER POLITICIANS!!!!!!!!!!
7) GAY RIGHTS.......YOU HAVE NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO ONE IS BETTER THAN ANY OTHERS!
8) MARRIGE.....IS BETWEEN 1 MAN AND 1 WOMEN...ACCEPT IT!!!!!!!!!
9) JUDICIAL WARLORDS.....If it does not adhere to the constitution....YOU ARE GONE!!!!!!!!!
10) Although it may have been implied...NO AFFIRNMATIVE ACTION!!!!!!!!!!!
11) As to # 10...all public school related functons...WILL BE RETURNED TO LOCAL GOVT!!!!!!!!!!
12) THE FEDERAL GOVT, WILL BE REDUCED AND POWER GIVEN BACK TO THE STATES AND LOCAL GOVT!!!!!!!!!!
13) Maybe this should have come sooner.....But unless CONVICTED of a felony...YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!!!!!!!!!
14) If you want to win the WAR ON TERROR....SHOOT THEM IN BULLETS LACED WITH PIGS BLOOD!!!!!
15) We have Deer season, Doe season....maybe we need CAREER POLITICAN SEASON!!!!!!!!!
16) FINALLY...READ MY LIPS!!!!! IF YOU DON'T LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE BE PREPARED TO LOSE!!!!!! tHIS COUNTRY IS BASED ON BY THE PEOPLE...FOR THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!
17)If I forgot anything...Let me know!!!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm not a Liberal. If anything, I'm Libertarian.

I agree with almost all of these views. This is how the country should be.

www.lp.org...

"Libertarians believe the answer to America's political problems is the same commitment to freedom that earned America its greatness: a free-market economy and the abundance and prosperity it brings; a dedication to civil liberties and personal freedom that marks this country above all others; and a foreign policy of non-intervention, peace, and free trade as prescribed by America's founders."

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
[Edited on 19-11-2003 by Creepy]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
I'm not a Liberal. If anything, I'm Libertarian.

I agree with almost all of these views. This is how the country should be.

www.lp.org...

"Libertarians believe the answer to America's political problems is the same commitment to freedom that earned America its greatness: a free-market economy and the abundance and prosperity it brings; a dedication to civil liberties and personal freedom that marks this country above all others; and a foreign policy of non-intervention, peace, and free trade as prescribed by America's founders."

I Agree ! Libertarians are the wave of the future
But I want to see some limited social programs to keep people from falling through the cracks of society.
When people want and are desperate that creates crime.
i'd rather rehabilitate than incarcerate. On a whole
Libertarianism is a very appealing concept to me more so than either of the current dominant parties.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I hate libertarians. They combine the worst of liberalism with the worst of conservatism and end up with something that is liable to go more corrupt than the new jersey senatorial seat. Libertarianism is poorly organized anarchy, you need some control over citizens for a country to work. Free trade is possibly the worst thing to happen to economy since the gold standard was removed. People are inherently evil. If you give them the opportunity to be corrupt they will take it. While there are exceptions to this, it is a general rule.

Since CSRules' excellent tribute to ignorance, there are things I need to add:

Welfare: We need to support the poorest people in our society. Not to do so would be one of the cruelest things one could do as a ruler. Also, welfare should be an individual thing: no subsidising corporations, if they cannot make it, too bad.

Gay rights: One's sexual preference should have no influence on their basic rights as a citizen. The constitution that we "live, love and learn" says in no way that homosexuals have less rights than a basic person. Revoking basic freedoms of gays is quite possibly one of the most hateful, bigoted thing that this country has done.

Affirmative action: Colleges are allowed to give bonus points to someones college application because of something called "Legacy." Well guess what: minorities have a "Legacy" too, a legacy of being oppressed and ostracized from our institutions of learning, giving them education is the least we can do for them. If a college wishes to have affirmative action, then it is their choice, the government cannot interfere with that.

Federal vs. Local Gov.: Powerful Localized government and weak federal power was already tried: it was called the "Articles of Confederation." And I am gratified to announce that it was a total disaster. We dont need that type of failure again.

Right to bear arms: You have none. Guns are designed for death, any decent person has no use for them. And guess what, peaceful revolution is quite possible, you do not need to kill to have a new government. Frankly, bloody revolutions just cause more death. In countries where revolution has come through violence, by and large there have been ruthless tyrannies that have arose. Once again, there are exceptions, but basically all killing does is cause more killing. Countries which came about through civil disobedience, such as India or South Africa are much more peaceful and well off than countries that are created by bloodbaths, such as Yugoslavia or Chile.

War on Terror: A false creation by the current administration. And I do not see how sanguinary liquid taken from swine spread on metal pellets could help end it. The war on Terror is a war on a word, and like other verbal wars, like the war on poverty and the war on drugs, can not be conventionally won. Only through compassion, understanding and acceptance can it be ended.

Ignorant Sheepublican.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I plan on posting more...I'm not nearly finished. I've just been busy with a #ing term paper the last few days....still am.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
What do I want? I want Bush and those neo-cons out of the White House. I want the Repugnants out of Capitol Hill. But,l most of all, I want Bush out of the White House.

See, the bottom line is, as you all already know, is that I hate Bush. I have an uncanny visceral hatred of Dubya Bush. Indeed, my hatred for Bush could be construed as primal. To me, he represents unabashed evil and cowardice in its most basic form. As you notice, there is no cursing here because I want you all to understand how much I am disgusted by this savage.

To me, he is the destroyer of America and soon the world.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
George Bush, through his abuse of drugs and alcohol has been takin over by the "spirit of the beast from the abyss.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
George Bush, through his abuse of drugs and alcohol has been takin over by the "spirit of the beast from the abyss.

If he's the spirit, that'd make Bill Clinton satan himself.

Let's see, murder, sexual infidelity, lying, obstruction of justice. Yep, Billy boy done'em all.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by simtek

Let's see, murder (LIE), sexual infidelity, lying, obstruction of justice. Yep, Billy boy done'em all.

Clinton was the best thing that ever happened to this country.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by simtek

Let's see, murder (LIE), sexual infidelity, lying, obstruction of justice. Yep, Billy boy done'em all.

Clinton was the best thing that ever happened to this country.

WAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

OMG

How can you say such a lie!

You are full of it colonel.

*snif*

*snif*

OMG I cant stop laughing!

I didnt think you can go so far with a lie but i guess

demoncracks can say anything.

Clinton was probaboly the worst thing US experianced.

Thats why he got impeached at the end when people

really found out the truth.

Its to bad it took the people so long!

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

WAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

OMG

How can you say such a lie!

You are full of it colonel.

*snif*

*snif*

OMG I cant stop laughing!

I didnt think you can go so far with a lie but i guess

demoncracks can say anything.

Clinton was probaboly the worst thing US experianced.

Thats why he got impeached at the end when people

really found out the truth.

Its to bad it took the people so long!

I am tired of telling you how utterly idiotic you are. What I want you to do is to think. Now, name 5 good things that have happened sine this reptile Bush has come to office.

I know I can nmae much more than five for Clinton.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I am tired of telling you how utterly idiotic you are. What I want you to do is to think. Now, name 5 good things that have happened sine this reptile Bush has come to office.

I know I can nmae much more than five for Clinton.

us more safer

stronger military

smarter goverment

tax cuts to at least

and the house and senate is controlled by Republicians.

I can go on and on but got just little time to waste on you.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   

LIE: us more safer. Homeland Security is UNDERFUNDED. The terrorists are bombing everything in sight all over the planet.

LIE: stronger military. Recruitment is down. Reenlistement is way down. Veterans Benefits ahve been cut by 25 billion. Military is stretched to thin because of Iraq.

LIE: smarter goverment. No more surplus. No foreign policy objectives to speak of. We are the most hated nation on the planet.

tax cuts to at least---I don't even understand what this means.

LIE: and the house and senate is controlled by Republicians. The criminals and thieves now run our country.

I asked you to use your brain---not to continue to be stupid, not just give me blanket statements from Sean Hannity.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   

LIE: us more safer. Homeland Security is UNDERFUNDED. The terrorists are bombing everything in sight all over the planet.

you are bunch of #. isaid us more safer not other counries!

tax cuts to at least(me)---I don't even understand what this means.

sorry forgot word

LIE: and the house and senate is controlled by Republicians. The criminals and thieves now run our country.

dont be jealous if your commies in congress are no

majority.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   

!) LIE: us more safer. Homeland Security is UNDERFUNDED. The terrorists are bombing everything in sight all over the planet.

you are bunch of #. isaid us more safer not other counries!

Let me reinterate. LIE.Homeland Security is UNDERFUNDED. 3 million jobs lost which leads to an increase in crime which is also up (but was down under Clinton)

tax cuts to at least(me)---I don't even understand what this means.

sorry forgot word

So, I got my cheesy tax cut. It wasn't even worth it.

So, now, I have proven that all your blanket statements are lies. So, what has the reptile Bush done good since he got here?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join