Rush, the Junkie returns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Everyone is so happy for Rush but, to me he is just another sad JUNKIE and Clear Channel and the repugnants are trying not to lose out on their investment.

[Edited on 18-11-2003 by Colonel]

What about KOBY?

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
You're such a moron.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm listeing to Rush now and its pathetic. All these dittoe head idiots all praising Rush for "overcoming" his trauma. I'm still wondering WHY he isn't in jail!

And as usual, he avoids his own hypocrisy and goes back to the failsafe talking point..............

The Clintons. Sheesh

Why can't he talk about the fiending when he was on drugs for 5 years? The cravings? The urges? The drug buys? The Illegality of it all when he was preaching morality on the radio.

Why can't he talk about that?

[Edited on 18-11-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
my grandmother listens to alot of those conservative talk shows and even she can't stand him half the time.

i'm surprised he didn't blame his addiction on all the democrats and liberals.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutehalo
my grandmother listens to alot of those conservative talk shows and even she can't stand him half the time.

conservatives are not like liberals. liberals blame everything on conservatives some how all the problems in the world are the fault of the conservatives.

[Edited on 11-18-2003 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Id Rather be dependant on Narcotics
Than to be Hooked on HATE

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutehalo

True, then again, many doctors are liberals so they may actually kill him

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What I can't figure out is why a guy with Rush's money didn't just hire a personal doctor to prescribe anything he wanted. Instead he bought drugs on the black market..drugs that, even though he paid for out of his pocket, drugs that we taxpayers had to pay for first.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
What I can't figure out is why a guy with Rush's money didn't just hire a personal doctor to prescribe anything he wanted. Instead he bought drugs on the black market..drugs that, even though he paid for out of his pocket, drugs that we taxpayers had to pay for first.

Dude, its not like repugnants are smart. C'mon now.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Anyone notice the lack of facts or referencing in Colonel's posts? LOL

All he does is spew what his mind believes to be truth. So typical of liberals.

I don't care what anyone says, there is a vast difference between a "junkie" and someone who inadvertantly gets hooked on once-needed pain killers. If dude was old enough to even vote, he may already know this through life experiences.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kramtronix
Anyone notice the lack of facts or referencing in Colonel's posts? LOL

All he does is spew what his mind believes to be truth. So typical of liberals.

I don't care what anyone says, there is a vast difference between a "junkie" and someone who inadvertantly gets hooked on once-needed pain killers. If dude was old enough to even vote, he may already know this through life experiences.

I already know how old you are. "If dude was old enough to even vote, he may already know this through life experiences." Who talks like that but some kid. "If dude.."

Listen, all my posts have accompanying facts. That's my modus operandi, newbie.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Actually I'll side with Colonel on this one. There is no difference between a so called junkie and a prescription drug addict. A drug is a drug is a drug, and in the case of OC, the opiates in it are more concentrated then heroin. Rush is a drug addict, although the start of his addiction must be taken into account.

I wish he'd go away, he only detracts from the conservative perspective

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hey Colonel, I'm 30 and I'm sure my life experiences out-weigh yours by a landslide. How can one be so sure? Only a child would call a man who was big enough to admit his habit to the world a "junkie." It's obvious that the man's goal is of no concern to you. Your post is designed for one thing; To broadcast slander on the internet.

Oh yeah, post up these "accompanying facts."

LOL

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Hey Colonel, I'm 30 and I'm sure my life experiences out-weigh yours by a landslide. How can one be so sure? Only a child would call a man who was big enough to admit his habit to the world a "junkie." It's obvious that the man's goal is of no concern to you. Your post is designed for one thing; To broadcast slander on the internet.

Oh yeah, post up these "accompanying facts."

LOL

Ok, "dude."

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
That is about the response I'd expect from a cowaring liberal.

Good job, buddy!

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I don't have to show you #. YOU just go BACK over all my post and you will see an accompanying site from an established source!

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Another GREAT example of liberalism!

"Go find the proof yourself. We just say what we want, and that's what is correct."

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Another GREAT example of liberalism!

"Go find the proof yourself. We just say what we want, and that's what is correct."

No. I said GO BACK and re-read ALL my posts and you will find ALL the proof you need.

For example, go read the thread "The Passion" under movies. I'm not doing the work for you, lazy-ass.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   

While I don't doubt your experiences in your own life, I would not use those to speak for Limbaugh. He did not own up to his problem because he realized that he needed help. He only admitted to having a drug addiction AFTER it was reported in the media. Yes, he could have denied it and claimed that it was the liberal media out to get him, I'll give him that, but he would look like even more of a fool if the investigation against him finds him guilty and presses charges. He admitted to his addiction because if he hadn't, he would have allowed more fuel to be added to the fire, not because of his upstanding nature.

As far as prescription drug addictions being different from illegal drug addiction, you couldn't be farther from the truth. I worked in the pharmacy for 6 years and have seen tons of people come into my work with forged prescriptions or who called in their own prescriptions, so that they could get their drugs. They become dope fiends every bit as bad, if not worse than black market addicts. The problem is that they can justify their addiction because it is a "legal" drug, and "the doctor gave it to them" so they are not responsible for getting addicted. The biggest difference is that when you get caught trying to buy illegal drugs, you go to jail. The people that we had arrested for trying to buy "legal" drugs, were taken into custody but very rarely charged with anything. This is because it the courts say "it is to difficult to PROVE that they are the ones who forged the prescription or called them in." Rush can't even blame his continued drug use on a doctor, because he was buying them illegally, on the same black market as people by heroin or coc aine. He made a conscious decision to cross the line & go thru an illegal market to obtain his drugs, Once you take that step, you go from a law-abiding citizen to a criminal, as our current laws stand today.

I grew up listening to Rush and his hateful commentary. The man has no compassion for anyone that is not just like him. He has some valid information and I don't disagree with some of his opinions, but they are few and far between. Overall, I think that he is poisonous to those listening to him. He promotes hatred rather than tolerance or equality, he gives nonfactual information to influence his listeners.

"This kind of sloppiness, ignorance and/or fabrication is run of the mill in Limbaugh's commentary, both broadcast and print. From dioxin to Whitewater, from Rodney King to Reaganomics, Rush Limbaugh has a finely honed ability to twist and distort reality...Real democracy is built on debate. But Limbaugh has little use for debates; he has forged a media empire largely on unchallenged monologues. The following confrontation--Limbaugh vs. Reality--is an attempt at stimulating (or at least simulating) a debate. "
www.fair.org...

I do hope that he makes a real recovery, and in the process gains some compassion for those less fortunate than himself. Though, I have my doubts.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I expressed my distain for Mr. Limbaugh's aquisition of illegal drugs and the fact that no matter how much he paid a dealer, more than likely a government entitlement program paid for them first. While Colonel and every other liberal on here can flock like vultures around his waining carcass, we seem to forget that this issue is a double edged sword for both sides. Both can and will attack the other sides dope fiends but somehow can justify the abuse on their side. If this were Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I venture to say we'd see the exact same arguments reversed. Colonel would be talking about compassion for their addiction and siting the pain that drove them to become dependant to keep on doing their "job" (whatever that may be) and the conservatives would be saying they should have gotten help sooner. My point is, be careful who you paint as a villian because tomorrow, your side may be under attack for the same or worse. While we're all taking our "pot shots" at Rush, we might leave a couple of outs for the next time Old Jesse gets into something or Al Gore's son is pulled over under the influence of coc aine. Hey, kids will experiment, won't they?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join