It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Male Rape/The Royal Household.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This is an interesting piece from Channel 4 news.If this is just something that happened between two servants then I don't see why it was kept so quiet.I think there is more to this than meets the eye.If someone sees something alledging that one servant was involved and someone more important could you post it here please.As I doubt I'll see anything here in Britain.

www.channel4.com...

Contemplating old masters on a tour of Italy, the Prince of Wales enjoyed a moment of tranquility, away from the turbulence at home over allegations about a male rape among royal staff, and how the incident was handled.

Tonight a well-placed source told Channel 4 News: 'the full horror of this has not yet hit Prince Charles... but it will do when he returns home'

The source went on: 'it's really, really, really bad, and it could get much worse'

At the centre of this lurid saga is a wooden jewelbox, once the property of Princess Diana.

The Old Bailey heard about it before her former butler Paul Burrell was sensationally cleared of theft last week.

The Princess is said to have called the box 'the crown jewels' because, amongst other valuables, it held a tape-recording of a royal servant alleging he had been raped by a member of the Prince of Wales' household.

The tape has never been found.

Two alleged rapes took place in the late 1980s, in Eygpt and at a royal palace.

St James's Palace said yesterday, it launched an internal inquiry in 1996 after rumours of the assaults circulated.

The Prince of Wales himself was 'not directly involved' in the inquiry. 'No evidence was forthcoming,' said the palace, and the person concerned didn't want to pursue matter'

The alleged victim spent some time at the Priory clinic in London and left royal employment with a payoff said to be 37,000.

It's claimed that Princess Diana, contemplating divorce, visited the former worker at the clinic and secretly tape-recorded his version of events.

She's said to have kept the tape in a box. It became known as 'the crown jewels'; it's thought police were interested in it when they went to Cheshire to interview Diana's former butler, Paul Burrell.

August 16 2001: Burrell arrested over unconnected theft charges

July 2001: Police investigate rape claims. 'Member of Royal Household voluntarily interviewed. Allegations and events completely denied and contemporary evidence provided to support denial'

February 2002: '..investigation confirmed as completed and no proceedings brought.'

But at the time of the police investigation, St James's Palace called in a firm of independent lawyers to review its internal inquiry and found it 'lamentable', according to our well-placed source.

join