It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, SuperHornet does Cobra?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Is this just a fake movie or is it real?
www.139f.com...
Because taken from China, who can show me an original link to prove this isn't a joke.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
haha no way I meet the pilot in the video. His name is Ricardo Tavern and her was one of the main test pilots in the F-18E test programe. He was originally a Canada F-18 Pilot. As long as that is one entire clip and his part isn't just cut in I can say that it real.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile
Is this just a fake movie or is it real?
www.139f.com...
Because taken from China, who can show me an original link to prove this isn't a joke.

The F-18 Super Hornet can do what you're seeing in that video, no big deal.
The problem may be that the F-18 might encounter one of these:
tv.mofile.com...

[edit on 12-21-2006 by intelgurl]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ok here is my question to Intelgurl or anyone else who cares to comment. I'm pretty sure I've heard openions before but how PRACTIACL is half of those manuveres that the 29 was doing? BVR is prevalant but not sololy the only combat that happens. I'm just having trouble understanding how much of fight a 29 could put up with a F-18E that may "pop" it out of the air before the plane can do any of its fancy dancing.

As I said openions are fine but if people can try and post half educated ones that would be great.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
tv.mofile.com...

What, the mig-29 or the extra 300?

Thats a very impressive video... nice find

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
haha
reminds me of when i got my private pilots lisense. the joke was the interseption section of airlaw and needing to know signals if your radio is out.
Everyone wants to know how the F-18 would handle intersepting a 152 seeing as the cessnas top speed would be his stall speed.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hmmm, I'm not sure what tactics manual he is referencing when he says the manoeuvres have tactical relevance, certainly the ones in the clip didn't show a lot. I mean, sure, it showed some high alpha stuff, but the classic Hornet can do that. And with most aircraft having some form of HOBS missile and HMS, even high alpha doesn't do that much anymore. But I guess you don't sell airframes by showing it pushing 1.5 in a straight line and killing the bandit pre-merge...

As for the OVT, how good are airshow configured jets!

And finally, is it wrong to fall in love with the pilot in the stunt aircraft? Umm, the first one that is, not Boris.

EDIT: It was remiss of me, for what will probably be my last post this year, to wish everyone in the forum a very merry Christmas. It has been another interesting year on ATS. All the best for the new year (yes, even you Kurt!).

[edit on 21-12-2006 by Willard856]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH
Ok here is my question to Intelgurl or anyone else who cares to comment. I'm pretty sure I've heard openions before but how PRACTIACL is half of those manuveres that the 29 was doing? BVR is prevalant but not sololy the only combat that happens. I'm just having trouble understanding how much of fight a 29 could put up with a F-18E that may "pop" it out of the air before the plane can do any of its fancy dancing.

As I said openions are fine but if people can try and post half educated ones that would be great.

The manouvres are a DEMONSTRATION of capability. You don't have to perform the exact same routines to take advantage of the aircraft's manouvering capablities.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
F-18 was one of the first "unstable" fly-by-wire fighters. It won't fly without the enhanced computer flight control. One of the first two F-18s tested did a "cobra" by accident when testing flight envelope. It basically flipped over and flew backward toward Chesapeake Bay. Pilot ejected. Aircraft lost. Flight computer re-programmed to prevent that.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
The F-18 Super Hornet can do what you're seeing in that video, no big deal.
tv.mofile.com...

[edit on 12-21-2006 by intelgurl]

Or one of these. Clicky

Awesome link, I've ripped that from the site. Just out of curiosity I wonder what would happen of the F-18 Supers got 360 TVC? Interesting piece of brain food.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Russian prox fuses still having problems, huh?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
There's a button called 'Cobra' on the MiG-35..
Really..no jokes!!

And that pod on the base of the MiG 35.. its a 'electro-optronic pasive attack system'..
They wouldn't divulge more than that!!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Double post!

[edit on 1-3-2007 by Daedalus3]

new topics

top topics

join