It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Donald Vance...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
i ran a search and returned 0 results. so my apologies if this is a dupe thread.

The story that Donald Vance is telling is a familiar one to people who have paid attention to the way U.S. military personnel all too often have handled their detention duties and responsibilities in Iraq even since the scandal at the Abu Ghraib prison there. It is both a familiar and a simple tale. Detain first, ask too few earnest questions along the way, mistreat in a way that smudges legal and moral lines, grudgingly and belatedly concede the mistake by releasing the prisoner, and then blame it all on the "fog of war," or worse, refuse to take any blame at all.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

/ybhftr

A U.S. citizen by the name of Donald Vance served as a contractor in Iraq, but was put in a maximum security U.S. prison in Iraq. Although Vance is a U.S. citizen, he was still subjected to all this without even being charged for a crime.

/ydd68r (not an official news source; this is a (liberal slanted) blog)

"Even after the military learned who Mr. Vance was, they continued to hold him in these abusive conditions for weeks more. He was not allowed to defend himself at the Potemkin hearing held to justify his detention. And that was special treatment. As an American citizen, he was at least allowed to attend his hearing. An Iraqi, or an Afghani, or any other foreigner, would have been barred from the room."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

/y64s9k

Mr. Vance went to Iraq as a security guard, somehow became an informant for the FBI, and was later apprehended and detained...for essentially working for the FBI. a case of the left hand having absolutely no idea what the right hand is doing. but of course, this is likely to bother practically no one. not even in the slightest, simply because it didn't happen to them. i have no other words for this.

other sources:
/yx9wk6
www.iht.com...
/y8y9qn

new topics

join