It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News on Sandy Berger's criminal activities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Berger stole and hid classified documents

We all know about Sandy Berger and how he stole classified documents for Bill Clinton. He took them out of the National Archieves by stuffing them down his pants and then he claimed that he 'forgot' that he had done so when he walked out of the building with them.

Yesterday (Wednesday) it was revealed that not only did he do that, but he also hid classified documents that he stole in a garbage container near the building and then went back later to retreive them.

He stole classified information. Lied to investigators. Put the nation at risk. WHY the heck isn't he in jail??

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Maybe because both parties as well as the investigators wanted to make sure some details never saw the light of day?

that's my guess....

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

He took them out of the National Archieves by stuffing them down his pants and then he claimed that he 'forgot' that he had done so when he walked out of the building with them.

See, I generally know when something is in my pants other than me. It's sort of hard to forget the wad of paper stuck there, although I'd not actually know.

I heard the details...what in the heck is going on over there? And I agree - if this whole bruhaha about Libby is going on, I should think that Berger should've been charged, tried, and convicted...although he did plead guilty. Not sure why he's not in prison...

Regards-
Aimless

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aimless Searcher
Not sure why he's not in prison...

he absoltuely should be. for crying out loud ... he stole classified documents and lied about it. I'd love to know who kept his fat back end out of jail on this.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
See, you don't understand. It's OK because he's a democrat. Who cares that he commited a crime? Who cares that it was related to the largest loss of life of Americans via terrorism?

If it's not a republican doing something, it's not really an issue.

Come on, you know it's Bush's fault somehow.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Absolutely correct. It involves a Dem, and more importantly, it does'nt slam Bush. Berger wanted to keep the documents from the 9/11 Commission. To protect Clinton. He should be in prison.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
See, you don't understand. It's OK because he's a democrat.

No it's not. You are the first here to say it. Nobody else did. It's one of many things that people involved in the various Clinton scandals should be buried alive for.

Come on, you know it's Bush's fault somehow

*Sigh* You said it first (again). Look, Berger did something wrong (I doubt this is even the worst that he did), he should be in jail. If Bush does something wrong, he should be in jail. I don't care what political party someone is in, if they do something illegal, they should be in jail.

Originally posted by rdangAbsolutely correct. It involves a Dem, and more importantly, it does'nt slam Bush. Berger wanted to keep the documents from the 9/11 Commission.

And here we go again. It was illegal he should be in jail. What do you want? A crucifixion? I personally don't care if it slams bush or not, it was wrong, he should be gone. If Bush does something wrong, he should be gone. I don't understand where you two are drawing this distinction, other that pandering to a two party system that is there to keep the people of this country divided in the first place.

You don't have to be a Democrat to want Bush out of office. Nor a terrorist. You can just not like your president. It is permissible in this country, and does not require a political party affiliation.

To the OP, why isn't he in jail? Because there was a certain crook as president at the time that probably pulled a few strings to get it taken care of. So find the legal way to get him too, and clean some more house while we're at it.

Also (not to you, FF) but why in the world are people bring Bush into this at all? This has nothing to do with Bush. This has to do with Sandy Berger.

new topics

top topics

join