It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer Aliens Beneath The Surface Of Mars!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Killer aliens are lying frozen beneath the surface of Mars, says a top UK space scientist — and he wants to wake them. Planets expert John Murray believes life-forms on the Red Planet could be trapped in suspended animation.

But he still wants to crash a rocket into the vast frozen ocean where he believes the creatures lie dormant — and revive them by adding water.

Liquid water has flowed on
the surface of Mars within
the past five years

Christ!! That could very well be true! If returning craft are infected with the 'bugs' and they spread like wildfire here on Earth due to warmer climes, then it's curtains! Where and how are they gonna quarantine and 'debug' the spacecraft before landing on Earth?

Heck! Where's my beer? Gotta gulp it down before that happens!!

Here's More...!

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Some scientists are saying they may already be here, enter "conan the bacterium".

Hardy bug re-opens Mars debate

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
If returning craft are infected with the 'bugs' and they spread like wildfire here on Earth due to warmer climes, then it's curtains!

First of all your source is Pravda, a well known fictional pseudo science magazine... something like the national enquirer but aimed at science.

Secondly, it is actually far more likely that even through the stringent controls we have when creating a probe, terrestrial microbes may have survived the trip undetected and landed on mars within the last 30 years.

Preventing Earth Microbes from Contaminating Mars

These microbes could in fact evolve on Mars and although mars is pretty much a dead planet with next to no atmosphere, it may in the future flourish sparked by us.

Anyone for strapping an ion engine to a comet??

Learn more about Terraforming Mars here.

Mars News

I might add that it is possible that there is Martian microbial life, wither in a state of stasis or actually active. The question of what we do when we have found this life is still open... a case of let's cross that bridge when we get to it.

Anyway,

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
First of all your source is Pravda, a well known fictional pseudo science magazine... something like the national enquirer but aimed at science.

OK, Neon, it's Pravda. But who's written the article? John Murray, MD, a top scientist from, hold your breath, the UK!! That's where you are from! I thought UK scientists had some credibility??

Gotcha!!

[edit on 21-12-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
mikesingh, the article has been taken out of context.

The original article is supposed to highlight the dangers of transporting radiation resistant microbial life to earth from Mars in any future return missions NASA may plan.

It was never intended in the context Pravda spun it in.

And not all scientist should be given credibility due to their location. A good way to find out how credible a scientific study is, is by finding out who is funding the research...

Funding is something I and all scientists have a hard time raising, It’s easy to raise funds if it is likely to have an economical conclusion, but not so easy to fund research that is considered fringe or is very cutting edge.

Anyway,

All the best and a very merry Xmas!!

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 21-12-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You should add to the thread I already started on this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
killer aliens? everyone thing always has to be killer...
why cant they be peaceful.. he has no proof they are killer.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The title makes it seem like theres an Army of little green Martians under the surface with laser guns waiting to be released.
My point being the poster above me...
I say if we want to study microbes on Mars we wait until we set up scientific bases on the Red Planet and study it there, a safe distance away from Earth.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by Think About IT]

new topics

top topics

join