It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murderer may have escaped uk in a veil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hate to say i told you so...

Mustaf Jamma reportedly evaded Heathrow checks last year to return to Somalia. Shadow home secretary David Davis said tighter border checks were needed.

Labour MP John Denham said sensitivity around veils meant the claim could cause "huge damage".

The Home Office said the claim was unlikely to be true as women can be asked to lift veils in identity checks.

Mustaf Jamma was released from jail six months before Pc Beshenivsky was killed.

He was considered for deportation after his release but was allowed to stay in the UK because Somalia was thought too dangerous.

Some newspaper reports have suggested the 26-year-old stole his sister's passport after he was put on police wanted lists and wore a full niqab, a veil that totally obscures the face, to evade capture at the airport.

Shadow home secretary David Davis said the UK's borders "are not just porous, but non-existent".

Liberal Democrat home affairs spokesman Nick Clegg has said if the reports are true it "beggars belief" that there are no visual facial checks when a person leaves the country at an airport.

BBC

Well it's only speculation at the moment but i expect this guy has fled in a veil, but we just can't say that now can WE!

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Simple, Ban the Burka and Change the immigration policy, reintroduce the death penalty.

And for the love of God get a descent Government in the UK !

I really thought you brits would be go Balistic by now with all these attacks and Insults you face from the Islamofascists, its really is true about that Stiff upper lip hey ?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Indeed it is true about the stiff upper lip. a ban is being talked about the BBC done a poll of 1000 brits asking wether they should ban the veil and the majority were in favour.

Pehaps we need to go the way of the Dutch and re consider our immigration policy completely, banning the veil would be a good start i believe as we are too pc about the whole threat and we need to stop tip toeing around people who want to llive in the uk with incompatible cultures and traditions which clearly cause divide and make holes in our security.

And as for uk governments they are all as bad as each other,
damned if we do and damned if we dont.

By the way death penalty is not a solution but would make for miscarriages of justice causing public outrage once again.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The country is so politically correct that he knew no policeman or woman would dare search someone wearing a veil. Its pathetic that this comes before catching a murderer.

Ban them outright, if people complain, tell them they are always welcome to move to a country that accepts them.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
... or maybe he's painted himself pink, donned a kilt, changed his name to Angus MacDonald and is living in a small crofters cottage in the highlands.

... or maybe he was in fact beamed up by brain eating zombie monsters from the planet Zog (all hail the great leader Zargon) and provided them a tasty feast.

Pure speculation on the part of the press with no hard facts, but what an excuse to bring up the veil issue again! especially with the added bonus of the perp being wanted in connection with the shooting of a Police officer. That's sure to raise the hysteria even further

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
www.passport.gov.uk...

just a link to a refrence on how a passport picture must be and someone wearing a full veil wouldnt be accepted

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaper2
Hate to say i told you so...

Mustaf Jamma reportedly evaded Heathrow checks last year to return to Somalia. Shadow home secretary David Davis said tighter border checks were needed.

Yeah he fled with his drug dealer best friends...

Mustafa Spliff and Aba Daba Dis

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
The country is so politically correct that he knew no policeman or woman would dare search someone wearing a veil. Its pathetic that this comes before catching a murderer.

Ban them outright, if people complain, tell them they are always welcome to move to a country that accepts them.

Exactly, its High time that the UK and most of Europe adopted a final solution, these people under the Illusion of seeking a better life are systematically dismantling what your ancestors took thousands of years to build and accomplish.

Its almost like the Elite or some social experimentor are intentionally letting these Islamofascist groups get away with these types of Henious acts to heighten the frustration and hate from the British people.

It makes no sense to me, you let 100s of thousands of these people into the UK whom hate you, provide for them financially and spiratually while they blatantly and often publicly plot your destruction !!

If it wasnt actually happening it would be a awesome plot for a horror movie !

I guess at the end of the day the best you can do without reducing yourself to there level is vote for a party that can remedy this huge huge problem, The British National Party seem to be too hardcore, but whats the alternative so you can fix these woes ?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Not to get carried away but i believe there is a mood that wants change and a ban of the veil or at least to marginalise those who wish to wear them.
And i believe europe is moving in this direction also see here
But i must stress we cannot afford to go back to the good ol day's of ignorance, when i speak about the veil it is as an issue all on its own.

Aishah Azmi, 23, was asked to remove the veil after the Church of England school in Dewsbury, West Yorks, said pupils found it hard to understand her.

Last month, an employment tribunal ruled Mrs Azmi had not been discriminated against, but awarded her £1,100 for "injury to feelings".

Kirklees Council confirmed the teaching assistant had been dismissed.

£1,100 for WHAT???

I didn't realise people got paid for not doing thier job properly and then being dismissed.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The old' be suspicous of anyone wearing a hijaab propoganda ay?

Guns and bombs hidden under the skirt right?

Is that going to be your excuse for looking?

Jokes aside, is that going to be your excuse of oppressing and ostrasising people?

Let me play with your head a little, if you make all the muslims take of the hijaab, how will you tell us apart from the rest of the people, how will you know who to be racist against?

That's fine, but atleast don't pretend that your country is free. If you stopped claiming that it was, maybe people wouldn't go there to begin with.

[edit on 21-12-2006 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaper2

Last month, an employment tribunal ruled Mrs Azmi had not been discriminated against, but awarded her £1,100 for "injury to feelings".

Kirklees Council confirmed the teaching assistant had been dismissed.

£1,100 for WHAT???

If I got that much money for everytime my feelings were hurt in the workplace I'd be a very rich man.

You just can't make this crap up, it's stranger than fiction!

[edit on 12/21/2006 by djohnsto77]

[edit on 12/21/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
The old' be suspicous of anyone wearing a hijaab propoganda ay?

Guns and bombs hidden under the skirt right?

Is that going to be your excuse for looking?

Jokes aside, is that going to be your excuse of oppressing and ostrasising people?

Let me play with your head a little, if you make all the muslims take of the hijaab, how will you tell us apart from the rest of the people, how will you know who to be racist against?

Firstly im not suspicious of anyone wearing hijab but it's a fact that terrorist have used it ti commit suicide bombings and evade capture for there atrocities

The burka is a head-to-toe garment, which often conceals the entire face, with the wearer seeing through a fabric grille or eye slit, and is suspected by some immigration officers to have been used previously in cases of benefit or identity fraud.

Islamic extremeists, including suicide bombers fighting British and US troops in Iraq, are known to have dressed in burkas to evade capture or to launch attacks.

Women bombers are also known to have worn full Muslim dress to board planes with explosives strapped under their clothing.

So yes bombs and guns under skirts is what im concerend about

Secondly im not a racist and don't believe in or agree with racism so as far as your last sentence goes, complete Pants, and thats my point i dont want to tell you apart from othere people, i would rather we all live together rather that being devisive and calling it TRADITION or RELIGION
And another thing Race is an ethnicity not a tradition or a religion

You just make me

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think we should have 'Veil Day' here in the UK where absolutely everyone (muslim or not) wears a veil. Men, women and children. How much fun it will be picking up the kids from school, cashing a cheque at the bank, getting into airplanes, playing football, watching your favourite show (prerecorded in compliance with Veil day)

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Firstly im not suspicious of anyone wearing hijab but it's a fact that terrorist have used it ti commit suicide bombings and evade capture for there atrocities

A fact you say, care to back that up?

-----------------------

I think we should have 'Veil Day' here in the UK where absolutely everyone (muslim or not) wears a veil. Men, women and children.

What a great idea! I wonder if i'll wear it that day though...

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I was at Heathrow Airport just last month, and the amount of people wandering around dressed head to toe in black with just a slit for the eyes was phenomenal. In this day and age, with the ever heightened worry of large-scale terrorist events, that's astounding.

Following the Somalian killers escape, there have been calls in the UK press for those wearing veils to remove them at security checkpoints. I say that's not enough, I say logic decrees that we ban them from airports altogether. The minute you enter the door of the terminal, the veil should be removed.

Were I to walk into Heathrow tomorrow wearing a balaclava...or a full face motorcyle helmet, how long do you think it would be before I was apprehended by armed Police? And why - with modern security issues in mind - should the reasons for that apprension differ for a veil wearer because they claim it as a religious right?

Visible faces should be the law at airports. If you don't like it, find another method of travel, it should be as simple as that.

[edit on 21-12-2006 by spqr1]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
There was a report a few months back that the Bluewater shopping mall in the UK (a big one) had ruled customers could not wear baseball caps and hooded shirts (as it was intefering with their CCTV and catching shoplifters) so how about the veil then which is even more difficult for the lame 75% gets-it-wrong facial recognition software.

if we all went about our business in ski masks or scream masks would the UK gov let it ride? don't think so.

I realise this is a religious issue but it appears to an outsider to be a fairly heavy handed symbol of female oppression to me.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Many people have dressed up as women to escape the Country.

Bonnie Prince Charlie is a famous case in British history, that many were told during our school days

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well, here in the US it looks easy. Makes you wonder.

Link

Link

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
That's fine, but atleast don't pretend that your country is free. If you stopped claiming that it was, maybe people wouldn't go there to begin with.

I don't claim my country is anything.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Many people have dressed up as women to escape the Country.

Bonnie Prince Charlie is a famous case in British history, that many were told during our school days

Yeah, we all know the Scots like to dress up as women anyway....

As for the veil issue. Ban it. It's not a religious requirement, regardless what that Chakribati bird from Liberty (I HATE her so much) or any Imam says.

I see alot of women in my home town wearing it, in fact, I see many white women who have obviously fallen for some Muslim sexist and been forced to veil up, or duped into thinking it is a requirement. What annoys me is that in Banks and Petrol stations etc, you have to show your face, but because of pc, they will not ask the walking tents to remove their veils....

If I had my way, I'd ban relgion altogether. Bunch of God-botherers pushing their ideas on you, I've had it up to here with the crap that goes on because of religion.

GOD DOES NOT EXIST, PEOPLE!!!

(and if he did, I doubt he would care if you wore a tent or not. In fact, I doubt he would care how you worshipped. If he did, he's a vindictive, miserable bastard who probably doesn't deserve your worship anyway)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join