It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goode Not So Good For Muslims

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I am not replying to anyone but have some views.

First off is why are Muslims changing everything that the West stands for?
There are some seriously weired complaints from Muslims from Viels to freedom of speach to complaining a drunk person is against their religion if they take them home in a taxi if the driver is a Muslim. We are so hell bent to making outsiders feel welcome that not only do we give up our heritage and a good Christian basis of of a way of living but if you gave them enough power they will grow into a beast so big that they will bite your head off. If not chop.

Swearing on oath via the Bible is at least saying if Jesus is the right God and exists which is more than likely than the minor relgions of the world then when you die you have a spiritual penalty on swearing on oath on the Bible. I think they should swear on the Bible and then their chosen religion,
because if Satan is in disguise he might one day pass through as your president and if he has some type of evil force over the individual this might be the only way to stop it.

There is a war in heaven and on earth brewing and we are reaching fever pitch for the Tribulation, grand delusions and grand deceptions will sweep faith away. It's seriously needed, if the Bible is the only way to pretect us then be it. It's getting scarey out there, and if the devil is to come to power, then what better way to avoid putting his hand on the Bible as he sweeps man kind to his doom as much as he can before the lord arrives.

Sorry but if you are spiritual blind you will not see how evil entres the world and tries to take over. The signs are there just open your eyes.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Why is it that you are incapable of understanding all paths lead to the Divine? Muslim spirituality is no different than Christian spirituality, and the only differences in Buddhist or Hindu spirituality is the language of metaphors that they use. When someone, anyone says their path is the only way they depart from it. When you read the wonderful poetic metaphors of Rumi, or Meister Eckhart or perhaps the ruminations of the Hasidic Rabbis on the proper approach to the divine....you read works by men who are all on the same path regardless of their formal religion. The heart has but one language, doctrine and dogma are creations of man. Religions are what becomes of the teachings of a master when his pupils realize how hard it is to live the life. I am a Baha'i' and I am proud of the fact that I can find God in a Mosque, a cathedral, a temple, in art, in nature, in a lover's sigh and a babies cry. I would no more insult somebodies religion than I would their mother. Though I will call someone to the table as it were when they are being ignorant and hateful. In the long run matters of faith are more private than sex. With sex, unless you are masturbating alone, there is always at least one other present. When you approach the Divine, you do so from the innermost reaches of the individual heart, and no one, and I mean no one has the right or the knowledge to gainsay another in this.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by grover]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I am a Baha'i' and I am proud of the fact that I can find God in a Mosque, a cathedral, a temple, in art, in nature, in a lover's sigh and a babies cry.

Im particualry taken by this line.

Perhaps the future of Religion lays herien this mindset.

Could Abramatic religions unite and embrace this thought ?

I dont see how, but it would take one hell of a leadership to acheive it !

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
I am not replying to anyone but have some views.

First off is why are Muslims changing everything that the West stands for?
There are some seriously weired complaints from Muslims from Viels to freedom of speach to complaining a drunk person is against their religion if they take them home in a taxi if the driver is a Muslim. We are so hell bent to making outsiders feel welcome that not only do we give up our heritage and a good Christian basis of of a way of living but if you gave them enough power they will grow into a beast so big that they will bite your head off. If not chop.

Muslims are changing everything that the west stands for? Wow Im amazed I missed all that! Veils and freedom of speech? Should we tell Jews to stop wearing Yamulkes? The Hassidic men to stop wearing their Hats and Black coats? Their women from wearing wigs? (That could be considered a disguise) Freedom of Speech??? Isn't everyone entitled to freedom of speech? So why shouldn't they complain if they are being denied? Hell Christians complain just because a store won't say merry Christmas and you are moaning about Muslims trying to take up for themselves because they are being denied freedom of speech?

I think they should swear on the Bible and then their chosen religion,
because if Satan is in disguise he might one day pass through as your president and if he has some type of evil force over the individual this might be the only way to stop it.

Well luckily we don't have you making laws or else this country would have gone down the tubes a long time ago. I guess your idea of freedom of religion means the people of the United States of America are free to practice only what you preach and they should all believe in what you perceive to be right?

There is a war in heaven and on earth brewing and we are reaching fever pitch for the Tribulation, grand delusions and grand deceptions will sweep faith away.

Speaking of delusions, how do you know about this war in Heavan might I ask? Who told you this? My faith was swept away by exactly this type of rubbish...decievers and false prophets abound everywhere all prophesising nothing at all ,just gibberish and fantasy, absolutely nothing worthwhile, nor of value to humanity and the continuation of life. God spoke of life, not of death, evil and destruction. He did not give it to us to take it away in the blink of an eye. He did not go through all the trouble to create beauty and life to destroy it soon after. I think you have fallen for the grand deception to believe such things. There once was a Reverand Jim Jones down in Jonestown who believed in such things too as he found his tribulation in a glass of koolaid.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Grover,
unfortunately you are a dying breed. If more people would view things in the light tht you do, there wouldn't be 75% of the problems that the world faces today.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the compliment but unfortunately....there would just be different problems....thing is when you actually sit down and read with an open mind the teachings of Jesus or Muhammad or Buddha, or even of the later Jewish prophets one thing comes through loud and clear...a deep and abiding compassion for the suffering of their fellow men. If we were to approach the different issues that divide us with an attitude that encourages us to see the world, however briefly, through another's eyes...to walk a mile in their shoes as it were....such harsh judgementalism that we see in so many of these posts would be seen for what they are.... ignorant and in need of education.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hi groover and to all,
I read your faith is persecuted in Iran where it originated. I could be wrong but it's not suprising if it is being oppressed and people do get ill treated there about it.

All I am saying is that what are we substituting things for? Everything seemed to be fine and is fine, I think more problems have occured due to being many tribes under one roof. It's human nature and if nations are established like most European and American nations have been and we live an Ok life then why change it. We are constantly nowadays crunching and repairing the system on and off.
Why should Christianity have a foothold as people say in the West and Why not also its not that extream apart from some sill Americans sensationalism.
But the thing is we can mingle with all religions together and make Babylon out of it. There are warnings from the Bible from this, it does say accept all people even people from other religions as your friends but it also says it's the only way to God through Jesus as the covenant he made.
Not all religions are compatible but there are rules and there are prophecy warnings with this and history repeating it self if you go by looking back.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Yes the Baha'i faith has been severely prosocuted in Iran but for the most part we understand that what has happened there is due to ignorance and manulipation...ignorance on the part of the average Iranian about the faith, and their manulipation by politicans looking for scapegoats. Not so different than here really. What is the whole Iraq war about but a distraction while Bush lets his cronies pillage the coffers and dismantle the social, environmental and regulatory legsglation that has been built up over the last 70 years. Just wait until the next great depression hits and there is precious little there to help the little guy because it has been dismatled to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy.

It is so easy to distract the population of just about any country...just present them with a boogy man.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Grover, I voted you 2 thumbs up for your last 3 posts but most of all the one about how all paths lead to the Divine. I agree with the poster who said you are a dying breed, unfortunately. Your words were beautiful and very articulate. And I agree, judgmentalness is something I see alot of on this board and it comes from ignorance and not being educated on certain topics. Compassion is the, the only way to behave towards others, we have no idea what someone else may have been through or is currently undergoing.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Thank you forest lady. Though I really don't think that I am that much of a dying breed. There are plenty of us out here who object on deeply moral grounds the travesty that passes for thought and political thought these days. Its just the loudmouths always shout and bellow and bluster because they want to hide the fact that they really don't have anything constructive to say.

A while back in an article I wrote for a local paper I said: "Without compassion we are no better than our prejudices." and that has become something of a signature for me....after all a good line is a terrible thing to waste.

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it always.
Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
A somewhat interesting update to this story...

Thomas Jefferson's Koran

It seems that Keith Ellison, the Muslim Congressman who wanted to carry the Koran during his swearing in ceremony, has his hands on the Koran owned by Virginia's own Thoms Jefferson...

We've learned that the new congressman -- in a savvy bit of political symbolism -- will hold the personal copy once owned by Thomas Jefferson.
"Keith is paying respect not only to the founding fathers' belief in religious freedom but the Constitution itself," said Ellison spokesman Rick Jauert.

I wonder if complainer, Goode, will use Jefferson's bible for his swearing in...

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Actually it (the Quran) was officially borrowed from the Library of Congress and has since been returned (they had a curator to deliver and return it). Goode is from the next district over from me and it is so embarrassing reading all the yahoos and damned fool crackers writing letters to the editor hear saying how Goode is protecting them from terrorists and the like.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I found this rucus about the Koran being used quite retarded.

The man is a muslim, so he has no duty whatsoever to uphold any oath he speaks on the Christian Bible.

He does have a lifeduty when he swears an oath on the Koran.

Not to mention that he has no legal obligation to swear the oath on the bible.

The only obligation he has is an oath to the american people and constitution and imho, if you want him to uphold that oath, it better be on whatever his religion dictates creates an unbreakable oath.

For Christians thats the Bible, for Muslims thats the Koran.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Actually it (the Quran) was officially borrowed from the Library of Congress and has since been returned (they had a curator to deliver and return it).

Correct. The book was given by Thomas Jefferson to the Library of Congress, along with his other collection of books.

Those in congress opposed to a Muslim man entering it must remember that the purpose of congress is to represent the American people. They have to realize that not all American's are white republican Christians.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well regrettably DJ there are a lot on the right here, who seem to believe that you can't be a decent American unless you are a white, conservative, Republican and fundamentalist Christian. Sad really considering our history and rhetoric.

[edit on 8-1-2007 by grover]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I sent a letter to the congressman who stated the bigot remark that if immigration isn't controlled, there will be more Muslims in congress. I gave him a thorough explanation on why "Islam" and "Muslim" are not races or nationality, and that anyone can be Muslim, even Americans. I doubt I'll get a reply from him, but if I do, I'll be quite pleased.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join