It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goode Not So Good For Muslims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Virginia Representative Virgil Goode(R-VA) issued a warning after Keith Ellison (D-Minn), the first Muslim to be elected to US Congress, requested a Koran be substituted for the Bible upon swearing in. In an email sent to hundreds of constituents, Goode claimed: "The Muslim representative from Minnesota was elected by the voters of that district, and if American citizens don't wake up and adopt the Virgil Goode position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the Koran".

wcbstv.com
Lawmaker Fears 'More Muslims' In Office
Virginia Rep. Virgil Goode Issues Warning After First Muslim Elected To Congress
(AP) WASHINGTON Responding to constituent e-mails about Rep.-elect Keith Ellison's decision to use the Quran at his ceremonial swearing-in, a Virginia congressman warned that "many more Muslims" will be elected and demanding to use the Quran unless immigration is tightened.

Rep. Virgil Goode, R-Va., made the comments in a letter sent to hundreds of constituents about Ellison, D-Minn., the first Muslim elected to Congress.

"The Muslim representative from Minnesota was elected by the voters of that district, and if American citizens don't wake up and adopt the Virgil Goode position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the Koran," Goode wrote.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am beginning to think that the words "A government by the people and for the people" is only directed towards Christians and Jews and the rest are basically out of luck when it comes to representation. Would swearing an oath on a Bible meant something to a Muslim if he had used a Bible instead? I see nothing wrong with this. If a Jewish politician requested a Torah then so be it, since the bible which is a Christian instrument would mean nothing to that person.

As far as the rest of his rantings about Muslims coming into this country, well this man seems to represent a lot of the members of the conservative right in this country. They are in fear. In fear of what I have no clue.

Virgil Goode if I'm not mistaken was involved in the MZM-Cunningham debacle a few years back. After doing a Google of his name it confirmed this.

[edit on 21/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 2006-12-21 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
While Virgil Goode is not my congressman, he is for the next district south of me. He started out as a right wing Democrat and bailed to become a quote unquote independent though his politics are died in the wool Republican. I personally consider this statement deeply arrogant and embarrassing and highlights once more what a moron he is, though for some reason the voters in his district love him.

The inability to accept not only plurality but even to understand that such differences (religion, race, ethnicity, sexual preference etc) have nothing to do whether someone is a good American or not, hell a good human or not but simply part of the grand fabric of our basic humanity, is one of the major failings of the right.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
But if he's sworn in over the quran is he legally in office? What does the constution have to say about this?

mikell

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
If he wants to swear on the Quran, let him. No big deal. And it won't be a big deal until/if we're all forced to swear on the Quran. Or Bible, etc.

Nothing to see here, move along...

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
But if he's sworn in over the quran is he legally in office? What does the constution have to say about this?

mikell

The Quran makes it perfectly clear that Lying to the Infidel is perfectly acceptable and encouraged to further the Islamic cause.

So it really is quite irrelevant what teh constitution says....

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I thought that during a Congressional swearing in all that was necessary was raising your right hand. I don't think you have to put your hand on anything... If I'm correct then it sounds like he's only insisting on the Koran to further his own agenda and perhaps looking for some publicity for himself.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe this may be the case.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
When a Christian swears in, he swears in on the Bible.

When a Muslim swears in, he swears in on the Koran.

It's as simple as that.

As far as Goode goes, there have always been politicians willing to exploit racial or religious predjudice in order to further their own careers, Goode is just the latest example....

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Why the fuss?

Other oily politicians swear on the Bible but that doesn't stop them lying to us all the time, or taking kickbacks, or molesting minors, or taking drugs and a host of other things sworn in representatives have been guilty of over the years.

Does someone swearing on the Bible in court automatically tell the truth? Of course not, it's no guarantee of character or ethics.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

Originally posted by mikellmikell

mikell

The Quran makes it perfectly clear that Lying to the Infidel is perfectly acceptable and encouraged to further the Islamic cause.

So it really is quite irrelevant what teh constitution says....

This is not true at all. The Quran in its original state does NOT enocurage that at all. It encourges respect for all life, whether human or not, peacefulness and it even says that you will offer hospitality to all, even your worst enemy.

And why would the Constitution say anything about that? It supports separation of church and state, that means he can be sworn in on whatever book he wants, including Origin of Species, if he wants. It's silly to think that the Constitution would order that a Bible must be used, when many of the framers weren't even Christian, they were Deists.

BTW, what the Constitution says is NEVER irrelevant and it never should be.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Are people going to compare American Muslims like Ellison to the likes of those 19 deranged muslims that flew planes into the WTC? Thats pretty sad. Goode is nothing more then a Islamaphobe and he is attempting to incite hatred and fear into Americans for no reason at all. He has no place in this government. He's a coward and nothing more.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Western civilization as we know it, was heavily influenced by Islam.

(Even though we have obviously deviated from Islam, which means Peace)

See this thread:

Moorish Science(Islam/Sophee-ism)

*Especially note in that thread, the following statement quoted from the Sean Hannity show*

FOX NEWS

SHABAZZ: All Muslims respect the Bible, but he should have the opportunity. Now, your ignorance, Mr. Prager -- Islam has contributed a lot to America. In the middle of the Supreme Court is -- in the rotunda is a statue or bust of the Prophet Muhammad showing the respect that American law and jurisprudence has for the revealer of the Quran.

Many of our American presidents are Masons and Shriners who got to the 33rd degree and studied the Quran in secret and have the star and the crescent on their fez.

HANNITY: Malik --

SHABAZZ: So Islam is at the basis of Western and American civilization.

[edit on 21-12-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hi forestlady

Originally posted by forestlady
This is not true at all. The Quran in its original state does NOT enocurage that at all.

You may be interested in the following info:

Link: The Gnosis of Islam

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
www.skepticsannotatedbible.com...

Instead of stating something about a particular religion look it up first and provide a link to back up what you are saying.

2:42 Confound not truth with falsehood, nor knowingly conceal the truth.

This is from the Quran.

If you really contrast and compare the two books, they really are quite similar in a lot of respects. Things like Intolerances and Injustices advocated by these books are responsible for some of the worst atrocities in history.

How about we just write this on a piece of paper and make EVERYBODY swear on it. "I will not utter a lie on penalty of being forced to listen to Celine Dion for 3 years straight day and night 24/7/365". I betcha that would work wonders.

[edit on 21-12-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
www.skepticsannotatedbible.com...

Instead of stating something about a particular religion look it up first and provide a link to back up what you are saying.

2:42 Confound not truth with falsehood, nor knowingly conceal the truth.

This is from the Quran.

I don't know if you're referring to my posts, but I've done exactly what you suggest.

If you really contrast and compare the two books, they really are quite similar in a lot of respects. Things like Intolerances and Injustices advocated by these books are responsible for some of the worst atrocities in history.

If we stop relying on "scholars" and skeptics(learned ignoramuses) for our info on Religion, then perhaps we can see that it is us who are intolerant and unjust, not the Prophets.

Myth and Madness in the Holy Books

A little explanation on why I believe Bibles and Qurans aren't meant (or weren't) for the public - including clergymen and theologians who are equally blind as are the savage masses.

First, less than 1% of the people could read and write. So obviously they weren't written with Joe Six Pack in mind. there were no printing presses. Special scribes meticulously made copies on parchment, lambskin, leaves, clay etc.

The scriptures were written as like cliff notes for the psycho-spiritual-scientific wisdom of particular schools and thus utilized the codes of those schools (as well as tribal codes and universal codes).

Those scrolls (scriptures) were intended to be secret and thus, when written, they were scrupulously hidden -- in caves, under boulders, etc.

It was believed essential that each student (initiate or under grad) also have access to a guru/master (professor) to help. Thus, lots of material was left out of the texts.

Language differences as well as spiritual or mystical language made translation very difficult.

Scriptural knowledge is so powerful that absent proper guidance it can mess people up, drive them crazy.

Look at the people in the Bible Belt

Now times are different, and much of the Universal Esoteric Doctrine concealed in the Scriptures of the Religions, is now publically availible.

Regards

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

More of your disinformation, I see. Prove what you say is true and post the verse you speak of, as well as the translator for the verse.

This issue with the congressman shouldn't be something that should be debatable, since witnesses that are sworn in during a trial are sworn in with their religious books, when asked.

[edit on 21-12-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It's not the open Muslims we have to worry about. I am more worried about people like Barack Hussein Obama who may conceal their Muslim leanings.

The Muslim mission is to take over the world, they should be watched carefully.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

This is not true at all. The Quran in its original state does NOT enocurage that at all.

LOLLercoaster, all i can say is whatever, after all im only a proud Infidel !!

Do your OWN research people .......

Taqiyya - Saying something that isn't true.

Kitman - Lying by omission.

Sura (2:225) - "Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts"

.www.usc.edu...

Islam and Politics are inseperatable, the likes of Keith Ellison in politics will be a disaster in secular western countrys as he has already proven.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
It's not the open Muslims we have to worry about. I am more worried about people like Barack Hussein Obama who may conceal their Muslim leanings.

The Muslim mission is to take over the world, they should be watched carefully.

That is so totally ignorant. Attitudes like that go a long way in explaining why most of the the rest of the world thinks Americans are idiots.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

This is not true at all. The Quran in its original state does NOT enocurage that at all. It encourges respect for all life, whether human or not, peacefulness and it even says that you will offer hospitality to all, even your worst enemy.

It requires respect for all Muslim life, those that refuse to convert or repudiate islam shall be killed.

It also requires that you offer hospitality to your enemy and require them to convert to islam ... or die.

Dang apologists, always reading the "Western Version Koran" for goody-two-shoes tree huggers.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
After dealing with the Nazis, we should have learned that we must fight evil. Instead, Armys of Apologists have learned that it’s evil to fight.

The apologists, collaborators and Islamofascists HATE people with a fighting spirit, People who are not prepared to resist and are eager to submit, they hate others who do not want to submit and are prepared to fight.

They hate them because they are afraid that the latter will endanger their lives . In their view everyone must submit.

Thank god theres still Millions and Millions of us aware of this Phenomena, we are the Resistance to Submission we are fighting the people trying to instill this new world order.

Long live our Empire.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join