It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Code of Silence - resistance documentary.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang
That statement is hilarious, Iraq's resistance/insurrgency has no outside funding...what do you call Syria, Iran, hell even nut jobs in the U.S...

Show me your proof? SS has experience... what do you have?

C'mon SS, your not really that niave are you?...or do you just spout this stuf to get a rise?...I have to admit, at times I think your serious, but then I realize, you don't know what you are talking about..and this is just your version of propaganda....kinda like Baghdad Bob...
"God will roast their stomachs in hell at the hands of Iraqis."

Think back to algebra, and apply the IFF (if and only if) to her statements. If this is a message from someone in Syria, that can represent the general feeling of people's emotions on this subject, can she not be pointed to as a valid source?

Or do we only look at her as an invalid source of disinfo because she is not from the US?

I trust her until she proves herself incorrect by facts. If that makes me "anti-american" them so be it. I am only speaking my own opinion, as a voting citizen, and we should have listened and withdrawn.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
There was another thread about how US casualty figures were being massaged. The usual suspects attacked the premise, but it seems pretty obvious that a regime that lies about the causes of the war would surely lie about its effects.

I didnt bother to watch the propaganda filled filth. Just came across the above readers statement and decided to correct him or her.

Now by definition casualties means.
A member of the armed forces lost to service through death, wounds, sickness, capture, or because his or her whereabouts or condition cannot be determined.

And...

Casualties, loss in numerical strength through any cause, as death, wounds, sickness, capture, or desertion.

So yes the number count per casualty say is higher then the death count. Which is what your argueing i guess. Your argueing with yourself in other words. No one has denied that the "casualty" side is much higher then the official death count. Accept (this comes as no suprise either) *people* who cant distinguish between the two!

It's funny, when they prohibited coverage of the coffins being brought back to the US, everyone thought it was just because they didn't want people being demoralised.

Aside from the fact that i dont think you know what in the hell your talking about. Did it ever cross your mind that maybe the familys of the fallen soldiers didnt want the whole world to see their family members caskets before they did? I would find it as a form of disrespect to do otherwise without the familys consent. Maybe your just trying to believe in whatever propaganda you can think up to help you get your daily ritual of 'I hate america' out of the way?

It was because they didn't want photographic evidence suggesting the numbers were so much bigger.
I think that the narrator of the video is right in that this could become a huge issue if it gets out.

This sites slogan is to 'deny ingnorance' not to inbody it and spew out rediculous claims like you just did. Show me facts. Not your worthless unprofessional opinion!

It did surprise me to find him citing al-Jazeera as meekly repeating the Pentagon's casualty figures, though. I thought they would dig a bit more.

Read the first part of my post. It defines the difference between the two.(casualties and the offical death count.)

Many of the images of IEDs going off and so on were repeated several times, which of course opens the film to charges of propaganda. But overall a very compelling movie. I'd really like to know what the real casualty figures are. 30.000 seems very high, but who can tell? It's in the interests of the US to minimise and of the resistance to exaggerate.

So it opens up with propaganda filth. So what makes you believe that the whole thing isnt propaganda filth? Why believe any of it? Something about denying ignorance?!....

They definitely score a point by saying that minimising the casualty figures makes the soldiers who died into nobodies, though.
Good post, Syrian Sister. And Astygia, nice one, make me lol.

So ppl dieing makes you laugh. Your a pretty sick human being to be saying such a thing. Your gullible. You will believe anything that dares to tarnish that image of good ol' america. All do to your blinded hate for it.

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link Regarding R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

[edit on 25-12-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
jee's semper, starting to notice your posts man..
chillllll outttttt dooooodddddd
express your opinions, talk, discuss debate...
all you seem to do is criticise and attack..

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo
I didnt bother to watch the propaganda filled filth. Just came across the above readers statement and decided to correct him or her.

That's nice of you. There was another thread about how fatality and casualty figures have been massaged. I'd link it, but as you'd write it off as propaganda, so there's no point. You'd clearly prefer not to see any information that contradicts your world view.

Aside from the fact that i dont think you know what in the hell your talking about. Did it ever cross your mind that maybe the familys of the fallen soldiers didnt want the whole world to see their family members caskets before they did?

The decision not to show coffins came from the Pentagon. And your comment about the families' wishes makes no sense to me. Flag-draped caskets are anonymous, therefore no family can pick out an individual coffin - they'd have to be psychic. During the Vietnam war, there was plenty of coverage of soldiers' bodies coming back to the US. The purpose of preventing coverage was clear - it's for propaganda purposes, to minimise the impact of the death toll. If you can't see that the reason the Pentagon wants to keep these images off the news has nothing to do with the feelings of the families, that's your choice.

This sites slogan is to 'deny ingnorance' not to inbody it and spew out rediculous claims like you just did. Show me facts. Not your worthless unprofessional opinion!

Well, the FACT is, that the Pentagon and the Bush administration lie on an almost daily basis. To think that they wouldn't try to minimise the casualty count is frankly naive. What makes your opinion worth so much more than mine? I've corresponded with people on this board who have served in Iraq, and while they may disagree with some of my opinions, they respect my judgement.

Have you been out there for yourself? From the way you post, I somehow doubt it.

So it opens up with propaganda filth. So what makes you believe that the whole thing isnt propaganda filth? Why believe any of it? Something about denying ignorance?!....

The US media is crammed with "propaganda filth". It's simply more logical to get as many sources of information as possible and try to draw conclusions from where agreements and disagreements occur. Of course, this requires rational unprejudiced thinking.

So ppl dieing makes you laugh. Your a pretty sick human being to be saying such a thing. Your gullible. You will believe anything that dares to tarnish that image of good ol' america. All do to your blinded hate for it.

Wrong on all counts. Astygia has served in Iraq which is more than you have done by the looks of things. His comment, which made me laugh, was not about people dying. It was about people being unable to accept hearing unpleasant truths, and it might have been directed at people such as yourself. I would say that of the two of us, the one that supports an unnecessary and illegal war was the sick one - and gullible too, for believing all the lies your country tells you simply because they wave a patterned piece of cloth in front of you to trigger conditioning that's so ingrained you can't even see it.

I have Polish friends who have lived in America, and they said that the propaganda that the US media spewed out before the invasion of Iraq was just like the stuff that the Soviets used to come out with before Afghanistan... only the Americans believed it all, most of them.

You really need to start looking at your media more critically and discovering the nature of propaganda.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo

I didn't bother to watch the propaganda filled filth. Just came across the above readers statement and decided to correct him or her.

To denied ignorance entitle all side of the spectrum . . . before making our own decisions.

That is what unbias is all about.

And you are wrong, all members of arm forces are told about the death by name, address and SS numbers, funeral attendant is open to the public.

But our government has made a point to keep the coffins away from public view when they arrive in the nation, reasons given is to respect the privacy of the families . . . wanted or not . . . an to avoid the same media frenzy of the Vietnam era.

Out of side out of mind

Nothing more than government way to keep the body count to themselves.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

That statement is hilarious, Iraq's resistance/insurrgency has no outside funding...what do you call Syria, Iran, hell even nut jobs in the U.S...

C'mon SS, your not really that niave are you?...

And pray do tell where you got that information from deadbang. From bush and his cronnies? Because they are really reliable right, it's not like they've lied a dozen times and been caught read handed.

You do realise, iran was at war with iraq for a very long time, they have their own agenda. i doubt they'll be funding atleast not the northern resistance, it's more likely their backing your puppets. As for us, Syria just following our ally iran.

I really wish that i was wrong, and that you where right belive me. I wish that for sake of the honour of my country.

But the unfortunate fact is, the resistance don't see a cent of money from anywhere. If you saw the video, you'd know that they scrounge everything from the bottom of the barrel, and build everything from scratch. They are digging themselves out to the light into victory, with their fingers inch by inch.

If it was as you say deadbang, they'd have been given factory built missiles, not had to build it themselves, nor would they be using 30 year old kalashnikovs. Where do you figure all the money you talked about is going.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Quite the controversial thread/film here. I just started it and haven't turned it off yet, people that want to dispute body counts, remember Iraq has a population of over 27 million, w/ 69.3 as a life expectancy. There's been 'up to' 84,000 Iraqi deaths.

The film is from 9/06, about 54 minutes long, for those who want the 'reported' body count, this is the site: www.iraqbodycount.org...

This work is some of Al-Rashedeen Army's recorded operations in Iraq, made by them like a film to show a few facts that the White House Liers are trying to hide from good old Americans.

[edit on 19-11-2007 by anhinga]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join