It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Wants 99.7B More For Wars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Source: news.yahoo.com...

Pentagon spending has already topped 500 billion iraq already cost us 350 billion alone. all this spending and where is it getting us?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yeah whats up with that?!?! Did Bush forget he's the President of AMERICA not Iraq. 99 billion dollars could turn what I believe to be a country on a sick downward spiral around. Crime is on an all time high, folks in the burbs are just as broke as folk in the inner city. Our very necessary government funded programs are drying up left and right. (medical programs, school progs etc)

I'm young and educated and still have a super hard time just living day to day now they want to spend more of my good tax dollars on a country that didn't even want/need our 'help'.

He wants to make the world safe for my and everyone elses kids. Guess what nobody having any, can't afford it.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
99 billion for dirty Iraqis while tuition is out of control in colleges, our education system is going backrupt, our crime is disturbing, our healthcare is second rate and to expensive...

Ah, the things $100 billion dollars could go to helping.

I am not sure, but adjusted for inflation this war should have officially topped off Vietnam in cost of money. Very expensive war indeed, and what was accomplished? .. How many Western cities have been hit.. Spain, Britain, Germany had an attempt, Indonesia was hit though not western, Australia nearly got hit. Not helping reducing terrorism .. might have helped our economy, but for howlong???

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The 'dirty Iraqis' comment was unnecessary in my humble opinion.

Bush & Co. is bankrupting this country. The dollar is worth crap in no small part because of the borrowing we're doing to finance the wars and rebuilding. If we want a stable and safe country we need to stabilize the economy. And I don't mean for the top 2% that are reeling in the dough because of energy and defense spending. And they're also saying that their plan to finance the war through Iraqi oil profits isn't happening either. A shocker there, eh?

new topics

top topics

join