It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enabled-ness of [img] tag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
So, I'm trying to figure out when and where the [img] tag is enabled. It's enabled in this forum, but when I went to go post a picture to Photography of ATS Members, but I noticed that the img tag is turned off!

So, how do I post a picture there if the img tag is disabled? When is the tag disabled? Is it disabled in other forums because I have a picture in my sig?

[edit on 12/20/2006 by supercheetah]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It is not allowed to post pictures on ATS and I think BTS & PTS if you have not hosted that picture.
But if you have hosted the picture with the ATS upload service or Imageshack or something like that then enclosing the image url in [ats] and [/ats] will make the image appear on the forum page.

Is this what you mean?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
What do you mean by turned off? I just went and looked and it appeared to be ok to me. True it is in black and white, but it's still turned on.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I think this is the information you seek.
AboveTopSecret.com Image Hotlinking Policy

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I think this is the information you seek.
AboveTopSecret.com Image Hotlinking Policy
That answers everything. Thanks much!

For some reason, I didn't find that in the search page.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If the image is hosted by you, you can use ats-tags.

[ats]link to image[/ats]

If you use img-tags, the image will be turned into a link unless it's hosted on some domains which are excepted from automatically "turning into a link". Abovetopsecret is one of those domains, and images hosted there will show also when using img-tags. Some image hosting sites are also on the exception list, but I'm not sure which. But if you're hosting the image on an image-hosting site (photobucket, imageshack, uploadit.org, etc. ) , you're allowed to use ats-tags instead, and then the images will show no matter what host you're using.

Then there is the im-tags which can be used for hotlinked images (a link to the image will appear below the image), but be careful when doing this. Some sites don't like hotlinking, and they might switch your image into something else as they control the image. You can only be sure it won't change (or disappear) if you host the images yourself.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
If the image is hosted by you, you can use ats-tags.

[ats]link to image[/ats]

If you use img-tags, the image will be turned into a link unless it's hosted on some domains which are excepted from automatically "turning into a link". Abovetopsecret is one of those domains, and images hosted there will show also when using img-tags. Some image hosting sites are also on the exception list, but I'm not sure which. But if you're hosting the image on an image-hosting site (photobucket, imageshack, uploadit.org, etc. ) , you're allowed to use ats-tags instead, and then the images will show no matter what host you're using.

Then there is the im-tags which can be used for hotlinked images (a link to the image will appear below the image), but be careful when doing this. Some sites don't like hotlinking, and they might switch your image into something else as they control the image. You can only be sure it won't change (or disappear) if you host the images yourself.
Thanks. All my pictures, except my avatar (hosted here), are hosted on my friend's servers.

new topics

top topics

join