It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Brand New Car For Million Mile Drivers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
SAAB offers a brand new car in exchange for your old SAAB if you have put more than 1 million miles on it. The offer runs through 2007. You better hurry up if you have an old SAAB and want to get a new one "for free". Unless you're so attached to your old friend that you don't want to get rid of it.

Saab celebrates million-mile drivers

A travelling salesman who put more than 1 million miles on his 1989 Saab said he's getting a new one thanks to the Swedish automaker, which also is offering replacements to other original owners of million-mile Saabs.

"We have no idea, frankly, how many cars that will be. At this point, we only know of Peter's car," said Jan-Willem Vester, a spokesman for Saab, which is a division of General Motors.

The offer runs through 2007. It is not to exceed the value of the new 9-5 Aero, which has a suggested retail price of $38,735.

Gilbert is due to get his early next year.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If I remember correctly, Al Bundy (Married With Children) almost made a new car this way, but he lost it because he drove his old Dodge 1,000,001 miles instead of 1,000,000...

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Thats a pretty cool deal.
And Saab gets a "spokesmobile" for their effort.
I wonder how many Saabs are out there with 1megamile on them?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Personally, I can't even imagine putting a million miles on a car.

I don't suspect there will be many.

[edit on 2006/12/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Reminds me of an old Married with Children episode. Man, that show was merciless on Dodge.

new topics

top topics

join