It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a request for open minded people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Please just ignore everyone who tries to disrupt the flow of open minded discussion on this board, there are many who just comes on here to insult a conversation and they think that just because people discuss certain things that they automaticaly believe everything....

you can have a conversation with out believing everything that is said... it's being open to all possibilities.

There are some trolls and disinfo agents romming this board and when you click on find posts of the usser you can identify them, they are only here to insult and to redicule, they are unhealthy to this board...

If you can't even come on a forum that encourages discussion about none mainstream subjects where on earth can you actually go to talk about this stuff?

So please just ignore the threads that are there just to insult and redicule open mindedness, it's just a waste of time, it's a ufo forum not a forum where you go to insult people who are open minded....

so next time you see a thread or a person who's goal is to disrupt the flow of open minded conversation just ignore him or put him on ignore, don't even bother responding and let the thread die out.

Can we please all have peace and ignore the trolls and disinfo agents, it's a big problem here lately...

cheers.

[edit on 20-12-2006 by selfless]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The point of this forum is to DENY ignorance. By ignoring those that bring up other points, you are denying the information they have to share.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
The point of this forum is to DENY ignorance. By ignoring those that bring up other points, you are denying the information they have to share.

what information do they have to share when they say, this is crazy i can't believe you people believe this crap.

???

im talking about trolls here man not just people who present some information on the subject at hand.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Look selfless it doesn't help for you to come on here and make this wa, wa, post. I don't agree with SucperPaul, but I am debating him with strong points, thats what you should be doing to. Let him keep posting and we will just keep shooting him down.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well, the thread you mentioned has actually brought up valid points. The Believer Syndrome thread is actually pretty fascinating and discusses a problem in this community that is much bigger than trolls.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pompano
Look selfless it doesn't help for you to come on here and make this wa, wa, post. I don't agree with SucperPaul, but I am debating him with strong points, thats what you should be doing to. Let him keep posting and we will just keep shooting him down.

but if we can all as a whole ignore the trolls and the disinfo angents it would be better for this board i think, don't you think?

if we have to live with the trolls we might as well collectively ignore them no?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Well, the thread you mentioned has actually brought up valid points. The Believer Syndrome thread is actually pretty fascinating and discusses a problem in this community that is much bigger than trolls.

im sorry i didn't filter throught all the insults to view good points... it's a mess in there.

well ill just edit my post and leave that thread out but my idea remains a proposation to this forum as a colective sugestion.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

but if we can all as a whole ignore the trolls and the disinfo angents it would be better for this board i think, don't you think?

if we have to live with the trolls we might as well collectively ignore them no?

No!!!!!! Absolutely not, shying away from his arguments just gives him that much more reason to stay. Debate him with valid, solid points.

How in the heck do you know if this guy is a disinfo agent, or troll. He could be just voicing his opinion. Quite frankly, I would be more worried that some of these outlandish post are coming from disinfo agents. My guess is you will now call me a disinfo agent.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

How in the heck do you know if this guy is a disinfo agent, or troll. He could be just voicing his opinion. Quite frankly, I would be more worried that some of these outlandish post are coming from disinfo agents. My guess is you will now call me a disinfo agent.

nah not at all, i got nothing against you and take no offense to your opinion of this thread.

Well you can tell who are the trolls when you click on find posts and then look a t some of the things they say.... '

when someone posts only in one forum and it's purpose is to insult and redicule others it's clearly a troll.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   

No!!!!!! Absolutely not, shying away from his arguments just gives him that much more reason to stay. Debate him with valid, solid points.

There is nothing you can say that will make a troll stop and become respectfull... the only possible way to stop a troll is to ignore him or if he gets banned. i know this, i have seen them many times before.

there will never be peace on a board when people come on here just to insult and redicule.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hank... You mis-understand. Selfless is referring to those trouble makers in this forum who are for some perverse reason in love with mischief. They may pose as defenders of the Truth, but don't let that fool you -- superpaul is a case in point where he's operating on the wavelength of anger and INTIMIDATION. I feel sorry for him. But sometimes the Christmas season brings out the worst in people who cannot afford to buy presents for their loved one's. I think Superpaul is one of these people where he's obviously venting his frustration about this by re-directing his anger onto this board to those members of this board whose viewpoints on UFO's differ from his.

He's been very abusive and has been coming across as a bully more than anything else.

PS -- he's really making himself look like a complete fool and I'm sure after this holiday season is over, he's not even going to be able to look at himself in the mirror once it dawns on him what all he's been saying on this board for the past few days now. I feel sorry for him.

[edit on 20-12-2006 by Palasheea]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The validity of superpaul's thread depends on your perspective. Calling this a "wa-wa" thread is no more valid than the point superpaul allegedly makes. There exists an obvious effort to debunk any and all UFO experiences and/or global et al conspiracies on a massive scale. The superpaul thread is nothing more than an "in your face" message meant to agitate and fret those actually seeking the truth.

Kind of a ridiculous way to get your kicks. It's not enough to disrupt efforts of rational discussions. You gotta take it to the next level and challenge the notion that there actually is a UFO conspiracy. Utterly pathetic, and those in concert with these individuals are obviously part of the problem. They are doing a job that probably pays very well, and they seem to really enjoy doing it.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

what information do they have to share when they say, this is crazy i can't believe you people believe this crap.

???

im talking about trolls here man not just people who present some information on the subject at hand.

HERmmm.

Well, if someone where to tell me that fluffy pink aliens from Uranus where flieing to Earth on a giant sticky bun to enslave all of mankind as love slaves to scrifice to their god ..

Then I would say "wow, how do you believe that crap??"

Or like the guys who see little green men in their basement I say "Wow, acid is bad for you man!"

Or someone tripping out because they think they had an oobe I say "Wow, get some sleep, step off the caffine, stay off drugs, go back to school and leave us alone!"

Because you see, skeptisism and honestly being down right rude is often how the blatent liars are caught, even though there are always someone who takes them serisouly..

If your claim is to the point where a majority of the people right you off as insane, well you probably are then eh?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Rockpuck,

just because people discuss certain things doesn't mean they claim that it's 100% true... they are speculations and theories...

but to insult someone just because he posts a speculation or a theory is like pissing on the word open minded.

new topics

top topics

join