It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What games can I expect from the Wii???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm 21 yrs old and shortly after christmas I will get a Wii (sometime after i'll get a 360).
I am a big fan of Zelda games so i'm looking forward to twilighlight princess and the mario game looks okay when that comes out, but I want to know what other big games does anyone know of that will come to the wii, i'd like to avoid any and all dancing simulaters, I dont really do or like sports but I would like some of the games like NHL, NFL and any basketball games, But what more adult games does anyone know of????

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
nintendo makes kid friendly games.

see:
snes
gba
nds
gamecube.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
two games that might interest you are project hammer

and disaster:day of crisis

those 2 are nintendo only games.
im pretty sure nintendo is planning on project hammer being a flag ship game for an older" kill em all " audience. it will spawn many sequels if fun.

one game i want is ssx blur which is wii only. sorry my links are kinda lame, but if you google both games, u will find lots of info. id search but im doing something at the moment.

[edit on 20-12-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
hmm...
well, you have the usual line up of zelda, mario and metroid, but those wont be around until late '07. Smash Bros. brawl is coming also. i had smash bros & smash bros. melee, and they were both pretty good.
it's been stated that nintendo's looking to get GTA on the wii, if you're into that kind of game. that's all i can think of right now...i'm tired.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

see:
snes
gba
nds
gamecube.

lysergic quit hating. i know you will purchase a wii someday soon. at least nintendo makes games, sony lives off 3rd party support. some of the most incredible games ever, games that revolutionized gaming have been created by nintendo. examples are .... super mario brothers. mario 64. ocarina of time.

is the rumor true that gta is comming to the wii? not such a kiddie system anymore.

Originally posted by chris01621
But what more adult games does anyone know of????

here is an adult game for women. cooking mama

i got cooking mama on the ds for my kid for xmas. i cant wait to mess around on it. it should be crazy wario type fun. oh yeah it was 20 dollars brand new. its no suprise nintendo is wipping its ass with sony right now. u can get a ds and 2 games for cheaper then a psp without a game. u can get a wii and numerous games for cheaper then a ps3.

when are the PRO PS3 threads going to pop up. is it really that lame??

[edit on 20-12-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by karby
hmm...
well, you have the usual line up of zelda, mario and metroid, but those wont be around until late '07. Smash Bros. brawl is coming also. i had smash bros & smash bros. melee, and they were both pretty good.
it's been stated that nintendo's looking to get GTA on the wii, if you're into that kind of game. that's all i can think of right now...i'm tired.

Yeah I have smash bros melle on GC and that is really fun, One thing I noticed on the net about the new Smash bros is that Solid snake is in it as an extra character, now if nintendo take back their beautiful baby called snake (metal gear was on the nes first, they created him) we could have one hell of a metal gear game for the wii...

Gta 4 on wii would be cool too, but only if they dont make their own wii friendly gta game, if you get what I mean, it would have to be gta 4 as it is on all systems...

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

see:
snes
gba
nds
gamecube.

nintendo makes fun friendly games.

see:
snes
gba
nds
gamecube.

NEways, lets get away from the Sony fanbois who are just bitter that all they gotta play on the PS3 are Sports games and Resistance.

Here is a list of the Games that are confirmed for the Wii that caught my eye:
Battalion Wars 2
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Medal of Honor: Vanguard
Heatseeker
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords
SSX Blur
Metroid Prime

[edit on 21-12-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

is the rumor true that gta is comming to the wii? not such a kiddie system anymore.

well, according to a number of sources, nintendo has been trying to get rockstar to bring the game over. but the decision is now in rockstar's hands as to what they want to do.
these are several digg sources, just to give a few:
digg.com...

personally, i don't really like the gta type games. not because of the violence, but rather because i find them to be a little boring. gimmie some Resident Evil with a little bit of Devil May Cry on the side? then we can talk.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
i agree with ya on gta. they are boring. i played gta 3 for 1 hour before i realized it was a waste of my time. give me a game that takes a little thought to satisfy my appetite.

rockstar cannot resist a wii gta if the console keeps selling like it is. imagine the possible gameplay and profits. still i doubt i would purchase a wii gta because its not my type of game.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Try San Andreas. Best one of the GTA 3 trilogy. The total amount of playtime rivals a lot of RPG's.

My favorite part is the Radio stations. In GTA3 they weren't anything special, but in SA they evolved to a point where it become a part of the gameplay somewhat, as they mention that carjackings are way up recently as well as other major events in the game on the news. The "commercials" are really funny as well. There is one that rips into KFC, though the Fried Chicken chain is called "Clucking Bells". Part of the Storyline is revealed too though I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't played the game.

Clucking Bells "Commercial" in GTA: San Andreas
Cock-a-doodle-do, it's time for chicken
Cock-a-doodle-do, it's time for a feast
Eat a ninety-piece bucket, you can tell
He's been to Cluckin' Bell
The chicken is a bird with a tiny brain
So we assume he doesn't feel any pain
We shrink their heads and we breed 'em fast
Six wings, forty breasts, then they're gassed
Cock-a-doodle-do, we're psychotic crazies
Cock-a-doodle-do, factory farming's insane
We denied it all before our stock price fell
Come down to Cluckin' Bell!

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
GTA SA is a great game, tons to do on there and lots of replayability but gta 4 will be so much more(hopefully), if it does come to the wii that would be so cool with the controller, I assume it would control similar to Twilight Princess...

I like the look of Red Steel, has anyone played it to say if it is good or not?????

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You can expect mostly metroid and mario games. I played the wii and i did not like it. I feel it is over hyped.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I like the look of Red Steel, has anyone played it to say if it is good or not?????

Don't bother. The Sword fighting is mediocre and the shooting is not very accurate. It's a rental for me.

Originally posted by spinstopshere
You can expect mostly metroid and mario games. I played the wii and i did not like it.

Ignore this comment it's completely wrong. The types of games you can expect are: FPS games with much better controls then either of the two others, RTS games will be much easier to play as well, RPG games can become so much more immersive(imagine an Oblivion type of game...) etc. Not nearly the level of the mouse and keyboard yet, but with stronger IR sources it can get there.

I feel it is over hyped.

What games did you try? I feel some games on the system were overhyped, but others far surpassed my expectations and then some. Zelda was one of those games as was Wii: Sports.

I hear they are coming out with a Fitness game soon and I'm eagerly awaiting that as it can be rather hard to get outside in Toronto for a vast portion of the year.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by sardion2000]

[edit on 22-12-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It sounds like you own a wii, if so what games do you own or have played that you would recommend other than zelda and wii sports???

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Madden '07 is great.

Elebits is quirky, interesting and addictive as hell. It shows you just what the Wii-mote is capable of.

Super Monkey ball was entertaining yet I wouldn't buy it, it's only a rental.

Trauma Center: 2nd Opinion is a game I really want to rent, but it's always out...

Excite truck is rather Mediocre for a 1st gen racer. I assume there will better ones to come.

Call of Duty doesn't really put the Wiimote to good use unfortunately. Neither does Red steel in FPS mode though it is better than CoD.

I haven't tried any of the virtual console titles yet cuz my favorites havn't appeared yet so I can't comment on that feature. I don't own a GC nor any games or controllers so I can't comment on that feature either.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thanks!
I got a gamecube but I dont have many games (about 9 compared to my 30 ps2 games, although many of them are crap and the gc games I can play whenever I like, in the sense that the ps2 games bore me).
Does the wii have a seperate disc tray for gc games???

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
Thanks!
I got a gamecube but I dont have many games (about 9 compared to my 30 ps2 games, although many of them are crap and the gc games I can play whenever I like, in the sense that the ps2 games bore me).
Does the wii have a seperate disc tray for gc games???
Okay, admittedly, I don't have one yet, but from what I understand, the automatic loading mechanism automatically recognizes the difference between a Wii disc and a GC disc. In fact, it's the same mechanism that the current crop of auto-loaders for DVDs use to load both full-sized DVDs and mini-sized DVDs. It works quite well. No separate disc tray needed.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
this is what you can look forward to in 2007!!!!!!!
after seeing this,it makes me glad i purchased a wii.

peace and enjoy

www.gamespot.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Nice one EG, I dont know what that Forever Blue is meant to be but it gives me an idea for a game. many might not have liked it (I have it on an emulater) Ecco the dolphin in 3d, a giant vast ocean to explore.

Line Rider looks a little odd, doesn't it???
Sadness looks like it might be a deep game (it's all set in black and white), but they all look like they might have some good in them...

Maybe you know what linerider is, maybe not but take a look at some of these vids on you tube...

Linerider vids

Play it here....

Play Me!!!

[edit on 24-12-2006 by chris01621]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
www.sober-productions.co.uk...

Here is linerider on the web. It's been around for a while. It's neat and addictive. Just what the Wii needs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join