It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vanguard Saga of Heroes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Do not pre order this game if you do not want to feel like you got a pile of crap for your cash. I have watched my friend who is in beta play this piece of crap and it is FAR FAR from ready to go gold. The beta boards are full of tester plea's to not release it in its current state. It is in a state a lot like Star War Galaxies was and it had similar tester requests. SWG was a failure for players.

Hardly any beta testers will even log in to test it. It is that bad.

It is ugly, clunky and very unfinished. The fighting system consists of click click click it is stupid, redundant and hurts your hand after awhile.

The world is ugly and boring and it is tedious as they could make it. Questing is generic as it could be. If you were expecting the next great MMO you should prepare to be completely disappointed.

It is highly unsalvageable at this point. They would need to go back to square one to make this what people are expecting.

If ya get it you cannot say you were not warned.

[edit on 20-12-2006 by Xeven]

JbT

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the warning.

I wonder if others would say the same, not that I think your being a troll or anything. I just would like to see other opinions too.

Its too bad though, WoW has a Monopoly going right now and us gamers desperately need another game to challenge WoW so that the quality of MMO's stays high for years to come and keeps getting better.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
No trolling here. Just an honest opinion. I would like other feedback as well. The only way I can see thempulling this out of the crapper is if they alreadyhave a seriously optimized shiney patch already laying in wait before publish. Otherwise, I expect a SWG type launch.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well if anyone wants to challenge WoW then they got to make a better product. A better product equals longer development times and having a release schedule of "When it's done". Fans of Blizzard games will be very familiar with those words by now, and as infuriating as it is, we all know that is what gives Blizzard the edge.

It's so simple it's stupid. Give the release power to the Quality Assurance guys. Rather than Marketing and PR(Communications Department).

[edit on 22-12-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I have now seen this game ran on a up to date computer and it is awe inspiring. I guess my friends computer was pretty sad and he had the settings on bare bones.

It appears to immulate WoW on a lot of levels but also EQ and several other games at lower levels. At higher levels it becomes much more difficult.

It looks great but be prepared to shell out some $$ for new high end computer hardware to see it in all it's glory.

JbT

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
It looks great but be prepared to shell out some $$ for new high end computer hardware to see it in all it's glory.

This seems to be a big issue. I myself am now saving for a new CPU for when this game releases.

Basically from what Ive been reading from others, you need for max settings:
~3.0GB or better Processor.
~2GB Ram Min.
~Vertex and Pixel shader 2.0 compatible hardware with 256mb of texture memory.
~At least 20GB Hard Drive Space.

Here is a link to a site that benchmarks your CPU to see if it can run Vanguard and how well:
flunny.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I quit WOW. It wasn't for me. I'm not a big fan of the giant raiding parties or the pvp system. If I play another MMO it will probably be Warhammer Online or maybe Pirates of the Burning Sea.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
WoW was full of bugs on release, I even played the beta, Name 1 MMO that wasn't buggy as hell upon release.

So SoH aint that bad? Hmm might pick it up in the future.......

top topics

join