It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you tell your kids that there is no Santa Claus.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Or do you let the kids learn it from themselves? Like lets say waiting at the chimney the whole night and nothing happens. Or do you just say it bluntly that there's no such thing as Santa Claus.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm curious about this, too. I don't have kids, so I can only say what I would do... I would never tell them that there is a Santa Claus in the first place. I wouldn't lie to my kids.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
We told our kids that Santa wasn't real, I don't remember what age? But my daughter was ticked off about it...that's putting it mildly

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
My daughters are 9 and 6, and I am quite sure, at least the older one knows that there is no Santa Clause, but "I" am not going to tell her.
I have even spun some interesting stories to boost themyth.. Like when I was asked, why do some presents come wrapped, and some unwrapped, I explained to her about the different divisions, and the Santa Clones. You see, just like the US is divided into states, and the states into cities, and the cicites into zip codes, the Santa's have their own divisions as well. And some wrap, and some don't and sometimes kids fall under different divisions at the same time.
And when asked what does Mrs. Clause do..
Why, she is at home dispatching, telling the different Santa Clones where to go, what houses where missed, and where they have to get to next.
Plus she teaches the elves, (who grow up into Santa Clones) and trains the reindeer.
Children grow up much too fast as it is, I want the magic, and innocence of Christmas to last as long as possible..

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I was twelve years old before my parents finally told me that Santa was a big lie. Of course, I had had my doubts since I was about seven. Christmas hasn't been the same since. :shk:
However, we must all learn one day.

[edit on 20-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm curious about this, too. I don't have kids, so I can only say what I would do... I would never tell them that there is a Santa Claus in the first place. I wouldn't lie to my kids.

Same position. no kids and I would have to say I would do the same and just not really press the idea of a big fat man in a red suit upon them,
If they ask me who he is I would say he is the face of christmas...

new topics

top topics

join