It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush retaliates against Britain

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It's all crap, War War War! #e, we live in the best countries in the world here and every damn day you see people starving to death on the streets homeless people are growing by the day and all these big boys seem to care about is WAR. It really pisses me off! Their Ignorance is destroying our countries from the inside out ... USA Canada Great Britain Australia Europe ... 1st world Nations and we can't even take care of our Own. It's Pitiful and Unnacceptable. :bash:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
US firms told 'take UK jobs home'

And this is how the US treats the closest ally it has. Nice.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
-sighs-
There's no point talking about "oh we did this for you guys, you should be grateful" because all that will do is divide a community that is already pretty divided.
This is just a ploy to get people hating each other, don't fall for it. It's good the American people get the jobs back, but it's bad that the UK peopl don't get the jobs.
But it really doesn't matter.
The world's not how it should be, the way it is set up, one person loses so that another wins.
The people at the top always win, the people below alternatively win and lose and the people on top chose which section of ordinary people win or lose.
It's not the governments who will lose with this, but ordinary people.
So stop your bickering and selfishness and shake hands damn it.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by �any
So stop your bickering and selfishness and shake hands damn it.

And what will that achieve. Sitting on the sideline smiling and just hoping everything is ok is not always the best thing to do. :bnghd:

Would you remove our right to express our opinions too?

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by Zzub]

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Originally posted by jetsetter
Still I dought that Europe could of held off the Reds for long without the United States.

Ok Russia first of all WOULD NOT ENTER THE WAR if HITLER had NOT ATTACKED THEM!

Reds SAVED YOUR ASSES TOO!

USA WOULD NOT BEAT HITLER BY THEM SELVES.

NOR WITH THEIR WEAK ALLIES!!

the US coulda beat the nazis by themsleves. you forget that our industry is half a world away and could not be hit by the germans. sure WWII woulda probally lasted longer but we still woulda won.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
the US coulda beat the nazis by themsleves

maybe...but im not quite sure it would have been that easy...

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Sure, the U.S. was years ahead of the Nazis with da Bomb. We'd have won it.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
Oh there is nothing wrong with Canada. They are just up there doing their own thing.

"canada is a loft appartment over a really great party.

HEY KEEP IT DOWN EH!" - Robin Willaims

sorry. couldnt help my self. but you canucks are ok

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yet again Colonel doesn't tell the whole story...

As part of an economic startegy Bush has been telling companies systematically to pull jobs back into the US, specifaccly jobs that don't save a lot of money for the companies, jobs that aren't menial labor. Bush is trying to improve our economy, so that there won't be so many people on welfare or unemployment.

Face it, the economy is beginning to rise again, and the only way to extend this boom is to bring more money into the country, i.e. jobs. We need more skilled labor jobs in the country, and sending jobs to nonunion places is a bad way to help our economy.

And wouldn't all of you antigloabalization people love this? Isolationism is you people's thing I guess

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Bush is trying to improve our economy, so that there won't be so many people on welfare or unemployment.

people on welfare dont work in the defense industry..they work in factories ect..

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Which, for the most part, are the jobs that are being taken back. Mid level factory jobs, blue collar, the base of America

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Mid level factory jobs, blue collar, the base of America

Do you have a link for these claims?? I am hopefull that you are right

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
It's all crap, War War War! #e, we live in the best countries in the world here and every damn day you see people starving to death on the streets homeless people are growing by the day and all these big boys seem to care about is WAR. It really pisses me off! Their Ignorance is destroying our countries from the inside out ... USA Canada Great Britain Australia Europe ... 1st world Nations and we can't even take care of our Own. It's Pitiful and Unnacceptable. :bash:

i would like to see no homless people or starving people in our countries, but in a capitalist society there are poor and hungry people and it will never go away.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
i would like to see no homless people or starving people in our countries, but in a capitalist society there are poor and hungry people and it will never go away.

almost any type of society will have these problems..IMO

but i could think of alot of better things to do with 84 billion dollars than "rebuilding iraq"after we destroyed it in the first place....did we really need to destroy all the water and power facilities??

[Edited on 11-23-2003 by sirCyco]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco

almost any type of society will have these problems..IMO

but i could think of alot of better things to do with 84 billion dollars than "rebuilding iraq"after we destroyed it in the first place....did we really need to destroy all the water and power facilities??

[Edited on 11-23-2003 by sirCyco]

did we really need to go into somilia?

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
probably not..but it sure didnt cost us 84 billion dollars and over 300 american soldiers

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco
probably not..but it sure didnt cost us 84 billion dollars and over 300 american soldiers

somilia was not a full scale war! 19 soilders were killed in someone elses civil war. and the shots were made by the politicians half a #ing world away!. politicians should have no say when the shooting starts. EVER! they can give the fighting men the objective and thats it. once the shooting starts the decisions should be made by the thearter commanders. not by poloiticians who dodged the draft during vietnam. im suprised that general garrision took the blame for the whole thing. if our military is going to go anywhere, we should throw everything we have short of nuclear weapons into the fight to achive the objective quickly and with minimal loss of US and civilian life!

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I am not even sure what your tying to point out truthfully...why did you even start talking about somalia??? what made you bring that up...dodging the questions?? like you say liberals do..

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
politicians should have no say when the shooting starts. EVER!

who do you think bush is??... a soldier..nope sorry he is a politician

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by simtek
Sure, the U.S. was years ahead of the Nazis with da Bomb. We'd have won it.

Sure, the US was years ahead in terms of military technology (and is even further ahead now), yet you miss something. Japan is a relatively isolated nation. Unlike Germany, Japan could serve as a great test point for dropping nukes without endangering US and Allied interests. Germany is in the middle of #ing Eupope, it's close to many Allied interests and could have had unknown effects on surrounding nations who were meant to be getting help from the US. Thus, from all I've read it was kinda unlikely that Germany would have EVER been nuked. Besides, Germany hadn't really pissed off the Americans. It was the Japanese attack on the US that bought the US into the war.

If the Japanese leadership had been clever it would have not attacked the US, thus changing the entire face of the battles blah blah blah. Possibilities are fun things.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join