It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush retaliates against Britain

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
US firms told 'take UK jobs home'

GEORGE Bush's administration has called on US companies in Britain to relocate jobs to America in an astonishing move that could trigger a major trade war.

US-based multinationals have been told they will receive compensation from American trade authorities if they cancel contracts in Britain and take jobs home, according to CBI director-general Digby Jones.

The allegations come only a day before Bush arrives in London for his controversial State visit and escalate the storm of protest he has already caused by slapping big protectionist tariffs on European steel imports.

He said the companies were major employers in defence or manufacturing.

www.thisislondon.com...

I guess Bush is kinda pissed?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
That's what Bush does when countries don't go along with what he wants, he tries to make things tough on them economically. He did the same thing to Canada.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I hope this happens. I am tired of all those European f-u-c-k-e-r-s talking # about us. Go Bush!

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wow. I wonder what this will do to his popularity ratings??????

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Bwahahahaha.
# wit the bull, you get the horns.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Who are you talking about? Bush or me.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
why does he not call on all the companies to bring back ALL the jobs that were sent over seas...not for financial punishment on them...how about for a better financial situation here in the U.S.

this is ridiculous..

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
you can say one thing for the man,
don't screw around with him.

I like this president.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
A political leader should stand up for their country and not let others kick it around. Yet at the same time they should be flexible enough to adapt to changing relationships with other countries.

Bush has done this despite what his critics say.

I wish we had a leader in our country that could measure up.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
I hope this happens. I am tired of all those European f-u-c-k-e-r-s talking # about us. Go Bush!

i agree! i think we should stay out of europe the next time the bear [russia] gets pissed and see what they say

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Man I know. We have saved their asses more than I few times. It seems that they do not have any good things to say.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
A political leader should stand up for their country and not let others kick it around. Yet at the same time they should be flexible enough to adapt to changing relationships with other countries.

Bush has done this despite what his critics say.

I wish we had a leader in our country that could measure up.

Tell me NEO, what would you like to see different with Canadas international relations?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Go George, get the jobs back, you da man ...

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
GreenKool,

first of all we need constructive relations with the US,

our neighbour (our only neighbour actually),

the principal business partner we have btw,

and a country which we have so very much in common with (I often tell people that Canada and the US are the two countries in the world that are most alike).

then,

we have to cut the idealogical crap that has invaded Ottawa since the early 60s via the club of rome gang (pearson, trudeau, chretien, turner et all).

lastly, we have to approach existing global organizations with a more judgemental eye and a more critical perspective.

needless to say this does not address our relations with all the other soverign countries in the world but biggest problems first.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Oh there is nothing wrong with Canada. They are just up there doing their own thing.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Seems to be a trend in this thread, Americans
are tired of being Bashed by every country on earth.
Is this the begining of another isolationist movement.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If it was not for the United States Europe would be serving the Nazis or the Reds.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think we do try to have constructive relations with the US. But the second we don't kiss their ass and do what they say they try to punish us by putting illegal tariffs on our softwood lumber, or not accepting are cattle because one cow that supposedly came from the US had BSE, or making it harder for our farmers to sell our wheat to the US.

Please explain a bit more what you mean about the idealogical crap.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snake
Seems to be a trend in this thread, Americans
are tired of being Bashed by every country on earth.
Is this the begining of another isolationist movement.

Hello welcome to the website. If I may ask, where are you from? You have to be an American to understand.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
If it was not for the United States Europe would be serving the Nazis or the Reds.

Better check you world history. I am not talking about what you learned in school. The Britains believe that they won WW2. The most accepted world consensus is that Russia won WW2. Only the Americans think that they won WW2.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join