It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone help explain?

page: 1

join
share:
Edn

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Sorry for the crappy title, I'm not sure what I should call this but I will tell you my story and maybe someone here has some insight into it.

About 6-8 years ago (i have a very bad memory for time and dates) I was about 10 or 12 and walking the dog with my mum and brother around a grassy area which used to be an old tin mine (they cant build there because it wont support the houses) anyway we were on our way home and I had said ill take a short cut. So I went down this shortcut, it has trees on one side and a fence on the other where the houses are the next thing I realize I'm not where I should be, instead of it opening up onto the road I come to a big fence in front of me with an old grown over road and some metal bins and rubbish, I then panicked and ran back, everything was back to normal when I got back to where i started and then found my mum.

I've had one other similar but not so dramatic experience like this a couple of years later when I saw a white grave stone in a wood, this time I was brave enough to go to the same place the next day but after about 3 or 4 days of searching I never found it again.

I've retraced my steps countless time with both experiences and never found a thing to suggest what I saw ever happened but with 8 years to think about it I have come to some conclusions. I know for a fact that each experience/encounter was not a dream. I thought that it may be some sort of vision(if thats the right word) into an alternative reality or parallel universe.

Any thoughts?

Edn

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
No reply's?

/runs off into a corner

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
Sorry for the crappy title, I'm not sure what I should call this but I will tell you my story and maybe someone here has some insight into it.

About 6-8 years ago (i have a very bad memory for time and dates)

maybe you just have a bad memory

[edit on 21-12-2006 by hikix]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Sounds like a story that would be out of a J. K. K. Rowling book..

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Didja get lost? Ive been to england those towns there are straingly laid out. I don't know how I ever found anything in that country.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I think you encountered a "time storm" where the usual linear flow of time somehow got twisted and took you into another "place". Your experience sounds like many uncovered by Jenny Randles in her book "Time Storm".

en.wikipedia.org...

Edn

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix

Originally posted by Edn

About 6-8 years ago (i have a very bad memory for time and dates)

maybe you just have a bad memory

I do have a bad memory for certain things an unfortunate consequence caused by mild dyslexia however this I can assure you was real and I can remember it as if it were yesterday even if my writing doesn't portray it very well.

Originally posted bywhatukno
Didja get lost? Ive been to england those towns there are straingly laid out. I don't know how I ever found anything in that country.
you would think so and for being at a very young age it is definitely a possibility to consider however I've had years and years to look into this and I know the area like the back of my hand, there is no where like what I saw where I live.

Its strange the only person I've told until now was my mum, for fear of people thinking I'm makeing it up or I'm crazy I've never told anyone else now i'm telling the world.

I can see why you would go for the rational explanation. memory loss, a dream from something I've read (if thats what your implying whaaa?) or I'm just making the whole thing up. I actually keep doubting myself, maybe I did just dream it, there is after all a thin line between reality and a dream but you can always see that line, you know when you wake up that what you saw, felt and heard was just a dream but this was different I don't remember it like I remember a dream it either happened or someone implanted it into my memory(which i find a possibility but highly unlikely). Plus my mum remembers that day we took the dog out and believes what I told her (glad someone does
)

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Edn,

Review my post again and click on the link.
I Don't think it's a memory issue.

Edn

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Thats why I need to read links more.

Thanks for the link whaaa

new topics

top topics

join