It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Barack Hussein Obama

page: 1

join
share:
Ex

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Barack Hussein Obama (born August 4, 1961)
is the junior U.S. Senator from Illinois.
According to the U.S. Senate Historical Office, he is the fifth
African American Senator in U.S. history and the only
African American presently serving in the U.S. Senate.
Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama Sr.
of Nyangoma-Kogelo, Siaya District, Kenya,
and Ann Dunham of Wichita, Kansas.

His parents met while both were attending the East-West Center
of the University of Hawaii at Manoa, where his father was enrolled
as a foreign student.

When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced and his father
returned to Kenya. His mother married Lolo Soetoro,
an Indonesian oil manager, moving to Jakarta with Obama when
he was six years old. Within six months he had learned to speak
the Indonesian language.

Obama spent "two years in a Muslim school, then two more in a
Catholic school" in Jakarta.

At age 10 he was sent back to Hawaii to live with his
maternal grandparents so that he could attend the highly-regarded
non-sectarian private
Punahou School; he entered Punahou in fifth grade and went through
high school, graduating in 1979

After high school, Obama studied for two years at Occidental College
in California, before transferring to Columbia College,
the undergraduate division of Columbia University,
where he majored in political science with a specialization in international relations.

Upon graduating in 1983, Obama worked for one year at
Business International Corporation before moving to Chicago
and taking a job with a non-profit organization helping
local churches organize job training programs for residents of poor neighborhoods

Obama then left Chicago for three years to study at Harvard Law School.
He was elected president of the Harvard Law Review,
obtaining his Juris Doctor degree, magna cum laude in 1991.

On returning to Chicago, Obama supported a voter registration drive,
then worked for the civil rights law firm Miner, Barnhill & Galland,
and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School
from 1993 until his federal election.

This gentleman will be receiving my vote , if he is nominated
and not only do I feel he is gualified.......He seems to have a mind!

en.wikipedia.org...

Ex

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Post Script....

Don't you feel that this man brings much to the table?
He not only studied at a Muslim school
but also at a Catholic one.At this time , more than any other,
don't you feel that we need someone who has studied
International Relationsand can bring undestanding to the White House?

Our world seems to be standing at a preface in history.
I want the best man or woman gualified for the job.

Don't you think he deserves a second look......
Not based on his wardrobe..skin color
or he carries than name of his father,
which in 1961 was a perfectly acceptable name???

[edit on 12/20/2006 by Ex]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Posted by Ex

Who Is Barack Obama? Barack Hussein Obama born August 4, 1961, 45 years old. He is the junior U.S. Senator from Illinois. Barack was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack H. Obama, Sr. of Kenya, and Ann Dunham of Wichita, Kansas. When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced and his mother married Lolo Soetoro, an Indonesian, moving to Jakarta with Obama when he was six years old. Within six months he had learned to speak the Indonesian language. At age 10 he was sent back to Hawaii to live with his maternal grandparents so that he could attend the highly-regarded private Punahou School graduating in 1979.

Obama studied two years at Occidental College before transferring to Columbia University, where he majored in political science graduating in 1983. Obama then studied at Harvard Law School. He was elected president of the Harvard Law Review, obtaining his Juris Doctor degree, magna cum laude in 1991. This gentleman will be receiving my vote , if he is nominated and not only do I feel he is quailed . . He seems to have a mind! Post Script . . Don't you feel that this man brings much to the table? He studied at a Muslim school but also at a Catholic one. At this time, don't you feel we need someone who has studied International Relations and can bring understanding to the White House?

Our world seems to be standing at a precipice in history. I want the best man or woman qualified for the job. Don't you think he deserves a second look . . Not based on his skin color or he carry’s his father’s name? [Edited by Don W]

I like Barack. He brings a fresh wind into a stagnant swamp disguised as W-DC. Compare him with JFK. War heroics aside, Obama has real academic credentials and seems to be a one woman man. Unlike 99% of America’s pols, he has been there, done that, in the depths of the poverty stricken of America. But, alas, Mr Ex, most of those people do not vote and none of them send money to their Congresspersons. I remind my fellow posters of their constant refusal to support genuine CFR - Campaign Finance Reform - which produces a Congress and president so many of them disparage. Why does Congress let Halliburton over charges stand? Why did Congress let the PMA write Part D to Medicare, including a ban on seeking lower prices? You got it! How much money did you send your congressman last year? I’ll bet you Halliburton sent 10s of 1000s of $ as well as the PMA. You snooze you loose. Over and over again.

Barack must overcome the 8 years of networking Hillary did when she was the Lady of the White House, and the past 6 years on her own in NY. Add that to the fact Hillary is as smart as anyone you’ll find, and you have one formidable opponent. When it comes to calling in chips, Hillary will be hard to beat.

Good Luck to your Favorite Candidate!

[edit on 12/20/2006 by donwhite]

Ex

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

There is no military solution to this war. Our troops can help suppress the violence, but they cannot solve its root causes. And all the troops in the world won't be able to force Shia, Sunni, and Kurd to sit down at a table, resolve their differences, and forge a lasting peace. In fact, adding more troops will only push this political settlement further and further into the future, as it tells the Iraqis that no matter how much of a mess they make, the American military will always be there to clean it up.

I so agree with his concepts and views.

Our men and women in uniform are doing a terrific job under extremely difficult conditions. But our government has failed them so many times over the last few years, and we simply cannot afford to do it again. We must not multiply the mistakes of yesterday, we must end them today.

Thank you for your comment also, Mr White.
HERE

[edit on 1/28/2007 by Ex]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I have just finished his latest book. He wore it before November 7, so it is already somewhat out of date. His ideas however will live for years to come until the country adopts them. He did have some comments on the down side, reminding how difficult it is for any representative to retain his own independence of thought and action when his financial future depends on private money. I believe it was the Holy Writ which admonishes that you cannot server two masters.

I give him 4 1/2 stars on a 5 star scale.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The reason why I like Barack Obama is the fact that he is erudite, very concerned about the state of America and brings new life into the Senate.

It's about time the old politicians retire and let a new generation crop up to change things for the better.

I also read his book. It is a very spectacular piece of work that gets to the heart of things. It's refreshing. I just hope that the American people give him and his ideas a chance because we definitely need as many suggestions as we can get right now.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by ceci2006]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

"two years in a Muslim school

He was not in a muslim school. He was in a secular public school in indonesia, there were muslims, and non muslims attending, and the curriculum was secular, not islamic.

Just noting this to be clear. Interesting that he went to a catholic school too.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex
Who Is Barack Hussein Obama

You forgot that he was a crack addict.

In his book he states that he 'struggled with crack'. That means he was addicted but doesn't want to use the word 'addict'. People don't 'struggle' with a drug (or alcohol) unless they are addicted.

Applause for him for staying sober. His former crack addiction may actually be good insomuch that he will be more understanding towards the needs of America in health care and mental health (recovery from addiction) care.

But his resume is still severely lacking.

He meets the requirements set out by law for US President, but he isn't qualified (John Edwards wasn't qualified to be VP when he ran in 2004 either). Check back with Obama for the election 8 years from now - 2016 - and it might be a different story.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I hadn't heard that before. He actually basically admited to having done crack, and its not all over the news?

Yeesh, I still hear about clinton having tried pot and its been years.

Of course, bush is a recovering alcoholic, and that doesn't get pimped as much as the clinton-inhale thing.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
He actually basically admited to having done crack, and its not all over the news?

100% true. It's in his book. He used the words 'struggled with crack'.
in Audacity of Hope. That's addicted and not saying the word.

The internet has this quote from 'Dreams from my Father'. I have never seen a hard copy so I can't verify -

According to this Obama says - "Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though—--Micky, my potential initiator, had been just a little too eager for me to go through with that. Said he could do it blindfolded, but he was shaking like a faulty engine when he said it…. Junkie Pothead. That’s where I’d been headed: The final, fatal role of the young would-be black man. Except the high hadn’t been about that, me trying to prove what a down brother I was. Not by then, anyway. I got high for just the opposite effect, something that could push questions of who I was out of my mind, something that could flatten out the landscape of my heart, blur the edges of my memory.....from "Dreams from My Father" by Barack Obama, p. 93

Tape from FOX NEWS discussing Obama and coke.

[edit on 1/29/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I just finished reading his book Saturday, and I did not see any reference to coc aine or crack coc aine. He does admit he smoked (and inhaled) marijuana. I think the Crack stuff is made up by Rush Limbaugh and hte Swift Boat people.

The same people who made up the Harold Ford vs. Robert Corker Playboy ad.

Your Tony Snow types.

[edit on 1/29/2007 by donwhite]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Audacity of Hope.

Originally posted by donwhite
I just finished reading his book Saturday,

I meant - Dreams of my Father. Got the two books backwards.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i know one thing about the man
he's honest
and smart
well, at least smart and honest enough to bring up his own former coc aine use
both a very good move politically and as a person

now nobody can bring up that irrelavent character issue

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
A young african-american who hopes to skip a few levels of finishing school and jump right into the Presidency.

Much like Chris Rock movie. But if Obama runs with Bernie Mac as his Vice President, he will have my vote.

top topics

join