It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 doubter Meacher wants to be British Prime Minister

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Michael Meacher hopes to stand against Gordon Brown for the leadership of the Labour Party to become Prime Minister.

politics.guardian.co.uk...

Meacher's doubts on 9/11 were first published in Sept 2003

www.guardian.co.uk...

Imagine the impact this could have even if he was no more than a candidate to replace Tony Blair.

The media are bound to pick up on his 9/11 views as a means to ridicule him, but this can only be good news for those who want the matter out in the open for all to look at.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Meachers political history is somewhat tainted and he is a particularly hypocritical odious individual!

If he ran against Gordon Brown and won I could only imagine it would be contrived that Labour wanted to actually LOOSE the next election.

You're right the media may pick up on his views but I don't think this would be good for the 9/11 movement.

Meacher will jump at on a political 'band wagon' if he thinks it will get him 'air time' and even better if he can play 'devils advocate'.

MR

mi5

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Meacher is a liar and provenly so -
en.wikipedia.org...

In 1988 he lost a libel action against the journalist Alan Watkins, who had pointed out that Meacher had invented working class origins by referring to his father as a farm labourer (he was in fact an accountant).

In a party which at the time prided itself on being the prime achievement of the working classes - Michael Meacher is one prize rip-off merchant
Nobody would trust the guy to run a country so again he is fantasising

[edit on 21-12-2006 by mi5]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Most politicains are liars, but so is Blair, Reid and the rest of them.
I did see Meacher asking legitimate questions about 9/11 and he did speak very well. He even got Loose Change 9/11 shown at Westminster in one of the rooms there for other politicians to see, not sure how many showed up to watch.
Blair would defo prefer to see Brown get the job than Meacher, I would be very, very surprised if meacher did get anywhere in his bid to become Labour leader. The Labour leadership is run by freemasons, if Meacher is speaking out against 9/11 and the London bombings, then I would suspect he isn't working with the freemasons, so they certainly wouldn't allow him to take over Labour.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
What is important is Meacher becomes a candidate.

There are now three potential candidates from the left who have stated they would like to run. They need 44 Labour MPs to mount a challenge.

No Meacher won't win. They would assassinate him before that happened.

But I hope he is a candidate and he uses the platform to spread his views.

Personally I would love him to win, because whatever you think of him, he is not a neo-con. He does not believe in using fear to control people. The British and American governments have been hijacked by something quite nasty and I would dearly love for us to get our countries back.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
No-one is going to 'stop' anyone from running in a contest for the up-coming vacancy of leader of the British Labour party.

Provided they garner the serious support that the rules demand.

Meacher is no 'massive figure in British politics' but equally he is no unknown, neither the man himself nor his views.....and certainly not in the Labour party.

(BTW he first made his 9/11 comments in 2003 just after stepping down as a Minister in the Gov.)

The fact is that he like the others may simply not bother 'running' because it will be a pointless self-indulgent exercise.

Gordon Brown is going to win by a country mile, everybody knows it and more importantly everybody (bar a relative handful) in the Labour party knows it (and will vote that way when the time comes).

Some might claim a 'contest' better than an appointment uncontested and I have a certain sympathy for that view.

But anyone who seriously imagines Gordon Brown isn't going to 'walk' this contest either is simply deluded and/or plainly knows little or nothing about the Labour party today.

new topics

top topics

join