It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Paranoics Playground.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Here's a question for you paul.

Why is it that when i click on find all posts by paul they are all from the ufo forum and yet in every one of them you clearly either mock ufo's or you try to redicule the thread?....

Do you see what im saying here?

hello wake up?

or is this your agenda

why are you not banned from this board yet?

Edited: please if you have any decency in you at all, stop trying to disrupt the flow of open minded discussions.

[edit on 20-12-2006 by selfless]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Appears you are a 'hardcore new age conspiracist'. I understand your mindset and realise what a hole you have dug yourself into, I only hope at some point you can climb out. Why do I deserve to be banned?

[edit on 20-12-2006 by superpaul55]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by superpaul55
Appears you are a 'hardcore new age conspiracist'. I understand your mindset and realise what a hole you have dug yourself into, I only hope at some point you can climb out. Why do I deserve to be banned?

no you got it completely wrong.

i am open minded to everything therefor i do not bash someone elses thread.

you have been trying to dictate your own personal views as to what is acceptable on this board...

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
At what point have I dictated what is acceptable? I request a quote from one of my posts please. It really appears you have read something you don't like, would you care as to show me what it is?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
*sits down at Superpauls55 discussion table more formally*

Superpaul55 - I'm glad you started this thread of your own to explain your positions on the issue, as opposed to diverting the flow of other threads.

I tend to take a more scientific perspective myself, alibet in the field of psychology, so I completely relate to where you are coming from. You have made some valid points re: culture shock/future shock.

I certainly hope this thread can move away from the rights of the "UFO Club" to attend this school as well and get back to your original premise.

On that note, do you have any passages from Future Shock you would like to discuss more directly to back your original premise up? My copy is on hand if you're so inclined.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
in the shapeshifting thread for example you keep saying it's crazy.

in the internetuser thread you told the guy who made the shapeshifting thread to not post on the thread.

and then you made a thread that is completely sarcastic and insulting to everyone who is open to the ufo's.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
look paul i got nothing against your views but im gonna ask you a question just answer yes or no please.

do you think in the future insted of posting on threads you find rediculous and insulting it saying it's crazy ect, can you just not post on it at all?

it would be much more peacefull to just keep it to your self and not read it at all if it offends you.

yes or no?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
"in the shapeshifting thread for example you keep saying it's crazy."
Due to the fact he has edited the videos to look like so called "reptilians".

"in the internetuser thread you told the guy who made the shapeshifting thread to not post on the thread."
Because he is posting huge articles about the Vatican which are irrelevant and have nothing to do with the post.

"and then you made a thread that is completely sarcastic and insulting to everyone who is open to the ufo's."
There is no sarcasm in this thread and it insults nobody. I have written a theorem and expected peoples opinions. I also expected people to flip out as is normal around here.

There is a difference between being reasonable and acting like a facist. You are acting like a forum facist and should refrain from your pro ultra-right wing new age conspiracism rantings. I accept you don't like what you read and understand why.

Alot of people read my threads but only a few seem to actually understand them. I will not refrain from posting. This is a serious thread intended for serious debate. Not for some kid to appear and start ranting his views like a Nazi.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

There is a difference between being reasonable and acting like a facist. You are acting like a forum facist and should refrain from your pro ultra-right wing new age conspiracism rantings. I accept you don't like what you read and understand why.

i am not what you call me, i am a person who is open minded and i will make it my mission to expose your agenda.

you are simply trying to disrupt the flow of open minded threads that are open to new things.

it doesn't mean it's true but at least we should have the right to discuss it with out having someone go all over the place and try to make people who are open minded look like lunatics.

you are not a good person paul.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
*raises hand*

Um - guys?

This thread is starting to suffer from "he said she said" syndrome.

If that's the direction you want to take, Superpaul55, it's totally your thread and I respect that completely.

Should I contact you in U2U instead on my previous post?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

"in the shapeshifting thread for example you keep saying it's crazy."
Due to the fact he has edited the videos to look like so called "reptilians".

did you even read the technique he uses, he post a link that explains what the method is. it's not just making a video look blurry there is more to it then that....

i don't say that what he showed were reptilians but at least i am OPEN MINDED.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You appeared on this thread ranting and raving, so determined to create an argument you started posting even before reading the initial post, now you have realised you are wrong. You have calmed down now so I suggest you either read my original post or depart. I am not a good person in your eyes simply because I have an opposing view, I find absolutely no offence in this. If you disagree with something simply state it and I will explain why I believe this is the case. This is a serious thread, if that is too much for you please go elsewhere.

I can see your open minded, to the extent that your head is full of air.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm gonna paraphrase and elaborate on the original post. My additions will be in large font.

I would like to propose some other theories about the current conspiracy issue of the SKEPTICS OF THE WORLD:

It seems inconsistent that if one believes that aliens are NOT amongst us, they are also highly likely to believe 9/11 was CARRIED OUT BY GUYS THAT WITH ONLY A FEW HOURS OF FLIGHT TRAINING, and are also highly likely to believe a new world order is NOT being imposed, EVEN THOUGH IT SAYS AS MUCH ON OUR MONEY AND FREQUENTLY ESCAPES THE LIPS OF OUR LEADERS, and so on. It appears if you DON'T subscribe to one conspiracy theory, you WON'T subscribe to ANY OF THEM. I find this a strange coincidence. These people appear to have spun themselves an overwhelming dark web of DENIAL as a barrier to hold up against their future and the future of humanity. Rarely, almost never are their DENIALS of benevolent from, consistent malevolence is required to keep their minds on constant edge. These people are extremely CONFORMIST by nature and feel an unexplainable urge to be part of the so called 'HIVE-MIND' or 'MAINSTREAM'. They are separated from THINKING WITH THEIR OWN BRAINS, the majority have sought refuge in the 'NEW AGE'. However the most notable members of the 'NEW AGE' will be the people who chose to NOT enter it. Just as the most radical SKEPTICS are very often converts, these are the converts to the NEW AGE movement. These people will lead the movement and push it towards unforeseen extremes.

The best possible explanation I have concluded for this is that these people are the first, or some of the first to show signs of 'future shock'.

Future shock describes 'the shattering stress and disorientation that we induce in individuals by subjecting them to too much change in too short a time'. 'The psycho-biological condition can be described in medical and psychiatric terms. It is the disease of change.'

The parallels between SKEPTICISM and NEW AGE-ISM are huge, but go easily unnoticed even by the NEW AGER and SKEPTIC. Put simply - EVOLUTION IS'The Truth' to the NEW AGER. They believe as soon as the public consciousness is aware of this truth, all will be good. Just as a SKEPTIC believes as soon as the world is all SKEPTICS, all will be good. The NEW AGE and SKEPTIC crowds will argue their cause to the end, just as any people of separate beliefs would be expected to. No proof or evidence is required for the SKEPTIC or the NEW AGER, just faith or willingness to believe the PARTY LINE. IF THE MAINSTREAM SAYS SO, THAT'S IT. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

Over history times of increased change encounter increased oppostion. This is the sign of future shock. SKEPTICISM is the oppostion to change, and a dangerous one. People live in increasingly separated realities, most move to simple alternative realities such as the television. However these SKEPTICS move towards a dangerous attitude of conformity which will undoubtably as the acceleration of change increases will result in increased aggregation with the mass and if allowed to evolve unchecked turn into a threat to INDIVIDUALITY AND FREE THINKING. The SKEPTICS see only their point of view, just as NEW AGE extremists see only their point of view. Through the development of communication these SKEPTICS will be capable of forming groups in which they will become radicalized to their beliefs and if left unchecked will form segregated groups willing to promote their beliefs through whatever methods they see fit. There was a large movement of culturalism during the 1670's due to the SKEPTICAL LEAPS beings made, notably the introduction of the CONCEPT OF THROWING OUT THOUSANDS OF YEARS OF ANCIENT HISTORY ON THE SOLE PREMISE THAT IT COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE TRUE. As an ever increasing diversity of choice enters current society occurs oppostion will occur. Not all of this opposition will be of the SKEPTIC crowd, many will revert to past techniques such as that of the HIVE MIND OF SOCLAISM - This HAS BEEN EMERGING FOR THE LAST 400 YEARS BUT WE ALL TRY TO PRETEND ITS NEW AND CUTTING EDGE.

This 'SKEPTICAL CONFORMISM' I have concluded is AN OLD THREAT TO FREE SOCIETY. It cannot be prevented and as I have stated is the result of a mixture of future shock and aggregation. It will continue to grow and has deep rooted AGREEMENT in the idea of a single world government which eventually will emerge. This government will be deemed GOOD by them and SUPPORTED, undoubtably many will die fighting TO SUPPORT IT, AS IT IS what they truely believe in. The introduction of the internet has REVEALED THE EXTENT OF this movement and ITS SILLY ATTEMPT TO SUGGEST IT IS A COOL NEW IDEA WITH AN EYE ON THE FUTURE IN WHICH WE WILL ALL BE LITTLE CONFORMING ROBOTS.

[edit on 20-12-2006 by undo]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Paul just go read the posts you made on other threads and your own actions will speak more then what i could ever say.

you continiue to insult me and it makes me mock you because i know more and more what you really are.

you truely are just here as a dictator and i will damn well make sure that you are exposed.

everyone who reads this you really don't have to believe me but click on find posts by superpaul and then read what he says in all the other threads and i assure you, you will realise what this guy is up to....

paul, you are the less open minded person i ever seen all you do is bash on other threads and then try to act like you are trying to contribute something to this board, you are a joke pure and simple.

and now you are on IGNORE because i have no time to waste with a fool like you who only comes on here to stomp on others who didn't ask for your insults in the first place.

good bye forever walking peice of emptyness.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Sucper Paul, recent polls indicate that over 55% of Americans believe that we have been visited by extraterrestrials from other planets. I could be wrong, but I doubt very seriously that if polls were taken on some of the other conspiracies you mentioned, those said polls would come even close to 55%. It seems to me you are getting your data from this site, a site that quite frankly, can have extreme topics discussed.

The belief among humans that we are being visited is, by and far the most popular belief on the planet. By the nature of your topics, it seems that perhaps this scares you? Once again, I'm glad I could be of some assistance, Sucper Paul.

P.S Undo I just read your post, simple yet brilliant. Applause. Its pretty obivious Sucper is one of those highly opinionated people who accepts their opinions as fact.

[edit on 20-12-2006 by pompano]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
I'm gonna paraphrase and elaborate on the original post. My additions will be in large font.

I would like to propose some other theories about the current conspiracy issue of the SKEPTICS OF THE WORLD:

It seems inconsistent that if one believes that aliens are NOT amongst us, they are also highly likely to believe 9/11 was CARRIED OUT BY GUYS THAT WITH ONLY A FEW HOURS OF FLIGHT TRAINING, and are also highly likely to believe a new world order is NOT being imposed, EVEN THOUGH IT SAYS AS MUCH ON OUR MONEY AND FREQUENTLY ESCAPES THE LIPS OF OUR LEADERS, and so on. It appears if you DON'T subscribe to one conspiracy theory, you WON'T subscribe to ANY OF THEM. I find this a strange coincidence. These people appear to have spun themselves an overwhelming dark web of DENIAL as a barrier to hold up against their future and the future of humanity. Rarely, almost never are their DENIALS of benevolent from, consistent malevolence is required to keep their minds on constant edge. These people are extremely CONFORMIST by nature and feel an unexplainable urge to be part of the so called 'HIVE-MIND' or 'MAINSTREAM'. They are separated from THINKING WITH THEIR OWN BRAINS, the majority have sought refuge in the 'NEW AGE'. However the most notable members of the 'NEW AGE' will be the people who chose to NOT enter it. Just as the most radical SKEPTICS are very often converts, these are the converts to the NEW AGE movement. These people will lead the movement and push it towards unforeseen extremes.

The best possible explanation I have concluded for this is that these people are the first, or some of the first to show signs of 'future shock'.

Future shock describes 'the shattering stress and disorientation that we induce in individuals by subjecting them to too much change in too short a time'. 'The psycho-biological condition can be described in medical and psychiatric terms. It is the disease of change.'

The parallels between SKEPTICISM and NEW AGE-ISM are huge, but go easily unnoticed even by the NEW AGER and SKEPTIC. Put simply - EVOLUTION IS'The Truth' to the NEW AGER. They believe as soon as the public consciousness is aware of this truth, all will be good. Just as a SKEPTIC believes as soon as the world is all SKEPTICS, all will be good. The NEW AGE and SKEPTIC crowds will argue their cause to the end, just as any people of separate beliefs would be expected to. No proof or evidence is required for the SKEPTIC or the NEW AGER, just faith or willingness to believe the PARTY LINE. IF THE MAINSTREAM SAYS SO, THAT'S IT. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

Over history times of increased change encounter increased oppostion. This is the sign of future shock. SKEPTICISM is the oppostion to change, and a dangerous one. People live in increasingly separated realities, most move to simple alternative realities such as the television. However these SKEPTICS move towards a dangerous attitude of conformity which will undoubtably as the acceleration of change increases will result in increased aggregation with the mass and if allowed to evolve unchecked turn into a threat to INDIVIDUALITY AND FREE THINKING. The SKEPTICS see only their point of view, just as NEW AGE extremists see only their point of view. Through the development of communication these SKEPTICS will be capable of forming groups in which they will become radicalized to their beliefs and if left unchecked will form segregated groups willing to promote their beliefs through whatever methods they see fit. There was a large movement of culturalism during the 1670's due to the SKEPTICAL LEAPS beings made, notably the introduction of the CONCEPT OF THROWING OUT THOUSANDS OF YEARS OF ANCIENT HISTORY ON THE SOLE PREMISE THAT IT COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE TRUE. As an ever increasing diversity of choice enters current society occurs oppostion will occur. Not all of this opposition will be of the SKEPTIC crowd, many will revert to past techniques such as that of the HIVE MIND OF SOCLAISM - This HAS BEEN EMERGING FOR THE LAST 400 YEARS BUT WE ALL TRY TO PRETEND ITS NEW AND CUTTING EDGE.

This 'SKEPTICAL CONFORMISM' I have concluded is AN OLD THREAT TO FREE SOCIETY. It cannot be prevented and as I have stated is the result of a mixture of future shock and aggregation. It will continue to grow and has deep rooted AGREEMENT in the idea of a single world government which eventually will emerge. This government will be deemed GOOD by them and SUPPORTED, undoubtably many will die fighting TO SUPPORT IT, AS IT IS what they truely believe in. The introduction of the internet has REVEALED THE EXTENT OF this movement and ITS SILLY ATTEMPT TO SUGGEST IT IS A COOL NEW IDEA WITH AN EYE ON THE FUTURE IN WHICH WE WILL ALL BE LITTLE CONFORMING ROBOTS.

[edit on 20-12-2006 by undo]

Wow! Undo... you are a true genious! I'm really impressed by what you are saying here and such objectivity can only come from someone who's standing from the outside looking in. I envy you.
Need to read over what you are saying here a few times more just to let it sink in but I must say, you are really GOOD at you do!

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
paul do you really think there will be a one world goverment despite all the problems humans have in overcoming their differences such racism, religious and cultural differnces. If ever the world has one goverment then it is most likely to be a dictatorship which is unsustainable.
The world feels like a smaller and closer place due to trade and technology but in reality their are so much differences and division between us. I was in china last month and i realised the world is so divided unless there is a common interest that relates to our survival, we cannot overcome our differences and see each other as one.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Strangely enough when writing this I actually thought someone would do this. I remember a few lines of lyrics from a song entitled 'No Shelter' by 'Rage Against The Machine' that I find may add to this:

Empty ya pockets son; they got you thinking that
What ya need is what they selling
Make you think that buying is rebelling

From your rewrite of my article I have assumed you consider yourself a member of the new age conspiracist movement. Am I correct? I think your rewrite of the article could be considered to apply to a large number of the population. Was this your aim? I'm not really sure what your trying to get at. Do you imply that I am a "new-ager"? If so why - simply for writing that article? Just because I do not agree with your supposed view point it does not instantly classify me as a 'robot' does it?

It has been argued by many the 'skeptical conformist' creates a free society and it is the fringe extremists who oppose the free society. I understand the 'just another brick in the wall attitude' you possess and can see you feel inclined to rebel and not conform. Fine.

Why are you so angry about my supposed choice to conform and trust the government, since of course - I should be free to do so. Shouldn't I?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Palasheea,

I'm just paraphrasing the OP. I find it really ludicrous when people toss around absolutes like that. Think about it. Skeptical Conformists. That's a huge oxymoron. This guy apparently doesn't see the irony of it at all.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
superpaul

You said:
Why are you so angry about my supposed choice to conform and trust the government, since of course - I should be free to do so.

My response:
I'm not. I was just showing you how tit for tat is really boring and so obviously hypocritical. See how it goes around and around and never actually arrives at a place called universal truth? 'Cause, my friend, universal truth is apparently not universal.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join