It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey you may not stay in hell forever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I saw this on a History Channel show i do not remember the name but it said that they left this one book out of the bible because it said that all that go to hell will be let out when the world ends and it was left out because they thought there would be no order if everyone thought they could do anything. Does anyone have more information on this?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well,I have said time and time again that the whole doctrine of "hell" was nothing more than a method of control through fear. God loves you. Believe me when I tell you, when all is said and done. God will possess your spirit. For God to lose a single being would make God a loser and that is something God is not,never has, and never will be.

[edit on 20-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What book?

Definately not an expert on hell but have had discussions with people who have presented strong arguments that the present hell is only a temporary hell to be replaced after Judgement by a permanent hell.

Also, there is a large group of Christians that believe that all mankind will be saved.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowAmFound
Also, there is a large group of Christians that believe that all mankind will be saved.

I happen to be one of them.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well I remember watching a show on the History Channel that mentioned the Muslim version of hell.

In Islam hell is most of the time apparently temporary, its length varies depending on the extent of the sins created by the sufferer. Its only permanent if the person did something very very sinful. The punishment is always having your skin burned away in a fire, only to have your skin grow back to be burned away again.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I could be--and probably am--wrong on this, but if I remember my own History Channel learning on Hell, the Biblical version is really much less intense than how Hell is normally depicted. Most of the fire-and-brimstone ideals that we hold of Hell are actually from Dante's Inferno, I believe. The Bible basically states that Hell is just an absence of God.

Of course, I'm far from a Biblical scholar (or an expert on Dante, for that matter); just seem to remember seeing something about it along those lines.

The whole concept of Heaven vs. Hell was one of the primary things that's kept me from becoming a more "orthodox" Christian (that and too many "thou shalt nots" make life boring...) I never understood why such a loving deity would want to torture His children for being flawed, even though He created them that way. I understand the whole "rise above your sins and repent," but it still doesn't sound like a father I'd like to have raising me.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
SpeakerofTruth

For God to lose a single being would make God a loser and that is something God is not,never has, and never will be.

Please excuse me for questioning the integrity of that statement, but if I'm not mistaken there is one being whom the Bible states as being condemned and he goes by many names i.e. satan, lucifer, devil, dragon, deciever, father of all lies, lest he be not forgotten. And the 1/3 whom followed him in rebellion. All these things are written in the Holy Sciptures, so if the Bible is the True Word of God I would not discount their inclusion when making such a statement. Not that I am suggesting God to be any kind of loser, because I know He is not, but there is one who is, and definitely should not be discounted when considering what might be at stake.
As far Hell goes, from my understanding, it is the second death. The death of ones eternal spirit or soul. Fear not he who can kill your mortal flesh, moreover fear Him that can kill your soul, (sorry for paraphrasing) but that quote is from the Bible as well.
(I think the term fear moreover means to revere or admiring respect)

[edit on 20-12-2006 by holidaystar1]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
I could be--and probably am--wrong on this, but if I remember my own History Channel learning on Hell, the Biblical version is really much less intense than how Hell is normally depicted. Most of the fire-and-brimstone ideals that we hold of Hell are actually from Dante's Inferno, I believe. The Bible basically states that Hell is just an absence of God.

MCory, to an extent that is probably right. The human imagination is quite graphic when it thinks of concepts suchas "hell" and the "end times." As I have said before, when considering such concepts, you have to keep in mind the mindset of the visionary who viewed them. What would have been interpreted as fairly mind shattering in that day and age would be considered rather mundane to the present mindset of man.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by holidaystar1
Please excuse me for questioning the integrity of that statement, but if I'm not mistaken there is one being whom the Bible states as being condemned and he goes by many names i.e. satan, lucifer, devil, dragon, deciever, father of all lies, lest he be not forgotten. And the 1/3 whom followed him in rebellion. All these things are written in the Holy Sciptures, so if the Bible is the True Word of God I would not discount their inclusion when making such a statement.

There is nothing wrong with questioning what I said. Not at all. You are functioning under the assumption that God somehow has eternally lost these beings. Revelation does seem to imply that these "fallen" angels will be dealt with as will all of humanity. However, one must put much of that in context with what will/ is going on upon the earth. During the time of tribulation/Armagedon, at least to the mind of John, the earth will be a "hell." Also, this "lake of fire" that everyone,who believe in "hell," continuously refers to, to me that implies a physical fire, nuclear most likely, that will consume the physical population.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The confusion about the various hells arises from the English use of the word "hell" for different places which should have different names.

The "hell" that exists presently is more like the Greek "Hades", or the Land of the Dead. The "hell" from the time after the Last Judgment is what many people think of as hell. Unfortunately, most Christians don't understand the difference, and will tell you that a sinner will immediately go to hell upon dying. Well, they certainly don't go to Heaven, but a soul's got to be somewhere, and it isn't in the "lake of fire" of Revelation, at least not yet.

It's a very interesting topic, that of where souls go once one has died. I've done a bit more research on the matter but it doesn't directly concern this topic.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I also belive every one will be saved but i do not think every one should be saved either. I know that is confusing.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The New Testament is quite clear that the only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ. As well, contrary to Baptist doctrine, it is possible to lose one's salvation. The concept that "all shall be saved" is not grounded in the Scriptures.

new topics

top topics

join