It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I heard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I was setting on break at work last night talking about the survival forums on ATS with a friend. The group at the next table were talking very loudly and laughing. I kinda listened in on there conversation. It seems they were reading the paper about an accident that had killed a mother and her 6 month old twins. They were hit by a drunk driver fleeing the police. These guys thought that was funny. Then the one fella said I wonder if anybody was hit. I like it when they get hit by a car. He leafed thru the paper and sure enough he found a storie about two brothers who were crossing the street to get to work and one was hit by a car and was killed. he flew 30 yards he was hit so hard. A very trajick storie. the kid who hit him was 17 and not paying attention, him and his girlfriend a 14 year old were getting busy while driving if ya know what I mean. The guy who died was a father of two and a husband. The thing that set me off off is these guys at the next table thought all this trajidy was extreamly funny. They were telling jokes about they guy who died and saying they were all going to go over and comfort his wife and just having a grand old time.

That my friends is why I prepare. A society that has fallen so low morily is not long for this world. So why is it you prepare. What was the catalist that spured you on?

WHAT A WORLD WHEN OTHERS MISSERY IS A JOKE TO MANY!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
angryamerican,
Sir I salute you.

Get ready, prepare, for when the shtf and these degenerates are on the scavenge for food / shelter, your life will mean nothing to them at all.

You know full well im off soon into the hinterland to go back to basics far far away from civilisation, but I still salute all those who are starting now to make plans.

Commendable.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I too have noticed the level of cruelty in society has increased. I think they would be the ones looking for aid when their area is devastated.

darkknight, are you taking a sw radio with you into the bush?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Degenerates such as the ones you mentioned are everywhere in society, I know that for a fact becuase I move around a lot (town to town, city to city). No matter what we do, they will always remain, however, they are getting to be more numerous or are at least for some reason, coagulating in certain areas more than usual. When I was in high school, I remember there was about 2-3 people I could readily identify as being cruel and malicouse towards others for no reason but their own personal greed and lust. When I left high school that number had increased to about ten or more. Looking at the school system now, and talking with my mom who still teaches school, I can tell you that number is still going up. Morality, ethics, and humanity are no longer taught in school, they are seen as taboo by the federals. Anyone who tries to teach these necessities is faced with lawsuits and being fired on the grounds they are "pushing personal indeals on students and discouraging creativity." BS! The USA is FOUNDED on morality, ethics and humanity.
The danger is not that they outnumber us, we outnumber them hundreds of millions to one, it is just that as things progress you notice the federal is ENCOURAGING these kinds of actions, as well as the media and other "factors of society" such as advertising companies. Should we let this sit and fester for the next fifty years WE will be overrun, remember Nazi Germany. Children were TAUGHT to hate and be malicouse to other "non-aryan's." The same is being done in our schools, we have removed teaching children the things that make the USA what it is. Should we fail to teach them to NOT be like the Nazis, then WE will BECOME the Nazis.

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
-Greek philosophy-

The danger has never been outsiders in truth, not terrorists, nazis, power mongers in other nations. It has been from within, when we cannot function from within and are faced with people who want to shread the very fabrics of unity in the USA and turn it into a sespot, and then we fail to stop them, we have already been defeated. The dangers we face and will always face will be these kinds of... "people." People being a word that is hard to define when you have those who enjoy the suffering of others negates being human and a person. What must be done is removing them from society when given a chance or at least cut down on their numbers. To stop from being torn appart from within we MUST teach morality, ethics and humanity in school and then also in everyday life. The advertisers who push to create such horrific creatures who live to cause and thrive off of misery. They must be stopped, and any who support creating them must be stopped.
The society around us is being built on sand, not stone, and when the weight increases, it will sink into the sand. Running from these people will not solve anything, you have only allowed them to fester without confrontation. When you gather others and then face them, the run, they run crying to their masters because they are scared. Some of them will fight, but how can they face all of us? They cannot, they can only stand for a short time before being overwhelmed and crushed under the feet of millions. I for one will NOT run from the likes of them, because if I did, then have I truely supported my ideals, or have I turned my back on society? I believe strongly in honor, justice, freedom, morality, unity and ethics. Those are my founding principles. How about you? What do you stand for? Will you come to aid the populace when these people try and inflict damage on it? Will you be there to stop them when they beat up on others? Look at Rwanda, when you let a problem fester and do nothing about it and hide from it, it explodes. When it explodes, people die, millions die. Then millions more will be left to suffer.

The question should be: What kind of a society do you want? One based on morals, ethics, and humanity or one based on what angryamerican described? Think on it, reflect, then do something about it. Instead of thinking how sickening those people were, why not walk over and tell them so? Tell them what you think, do not just let it fester. Do what you can while you can, or else you face letting them take over. Run all you want, but they will come, and they will not stop, the only thing that stands in their way is people who are against their very personality, what makes them so cruel.

Think about it.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

The USA is FOUNDED on morality, ethics and humanity.

Although, the USA has become worst. I do not think the foundation was as pure as you would like to think. There is an old saying "nip it in the bud". It is to late for replanting what has grown crooked and woven itself into the fabric of our lives without a major and drastic change. Somewhere within Americas yesterday is our today.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siren

The USA is FOUNDED on morality, ethics and humanity.

Although, the USA has become worst. I do not think the foundation was as pure as you would like to think. There is an old saying "nip it in the bud". It is to late for replanting what has grown crooked and woven itself into the fabric of our lives without a major and drastic change. Somewhere within Americas yesterday is our today.

Its a very sad predicament but I feel I have to add that the west models itself on the USA and the youth adopts cultures it see's from American movies and tv.

The US has become drunk on its own importance and power, which leads to the ultimate correction that happens to all societies that reach a pinnacle. I just hope for hopes sake that the right people there have control of the buttons that count and not megalomaniacs like in the movie DR Strangelove.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
from traveling as I have done I have seen it all over the world. If it was just A American problem I woudnt be as worried but it is all over. worse then in the general world population it is the morals of our leaders as well.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Good post AA.

From what I've noticed, most people aren't content any longer with living a modest, self-sufficient existence. We've become a materialistic society, that associates the accumulation of wealth and possessions as the measure of a person's success.

Simply owning a home is not enough now. It must be bigger and better than our neighbor's. Our cars must be bigger, more expensive, and flashier. Our clothes must have a certain label on them to be fashionable. Our lawn mower can't just be a serviceable push type, it must be a lawn tractor with cup holders, canopy, and automatic transmission.

Cash is almost never used, and credit cards are becoming the norm. We're constantly encouraged to use them by TV ads. The poor guy who uses cash is slowing everybody down with this cumbersome and antiquated means of transacting business.

Most people nowadays are financially overextended, and rely on their credit cards to take up the slack. This works for a while, but eventually their payments surpass their income. What's the solution, get more credit!

This all about me attitude is what I believe has brought about the moral decline in our society. You begin to forget that your neighbors are people just like you, when you're constantly focused on having more than everyone else. When someone else fails, it's an opportunity to capitalize on their misfortune, rather than a chance to be a good neighbor.

The one who ends up with all the most marbles wins, is now the name of the game..

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
We've become a materialistic society, that associates the accumulation of wealth and possessions as the measure of a person's success.

That's exactly what's wrong with our society and its crammed down our throats everytime we turn on the TV or radio or open a newspaper or magazine. Granted, I'd take it a step further. Our society doesn't just value a person's success based on their material possessions. No, society measures the value of the person himself based upon it.

Think about how much glorification of various criminal lifestyles you see in modern society. As long as it makes money, its all good, right? There is no such thing as morality in our society anymore.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Consumerism is an issue but so is the de-sensitization to violence and the de-valuing of human dignity.

Constant T.V news coverage of dispicable and evil crimes or a constant barrage of sexual images habituates or normalizes the behavior within society. T.V. is a force multiplier. Add to it the endless stream of video games and you have an entire generation of screwed up people.

How Television Works

We live in a youth and power obssessed culture of death. Everything is structured around how much power or control you can assert in your own life or against others, as well as how youthful and attractive you are.

I really see no end to the vicious cycle. I have no idea how to protect my children from a world gone mad without making them vulnerable and naive to the dangers, overly paranoid or socially dysfunctional.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Consumerism is an issue but so is the de-sensitization to violence and the de-valuing of human dignity.

Constant T.V news coverage of dispicable and evil crimes or a constant barrage of sexual images habituates or normalizes the behavior within society. T.V. is a force multiplier. Add to it the endless stream of video games and you have an entire generation of screwed up people.

I really see no end to the vicious cycle. I have no idea how to protect my children from a world gone mad without making them vulnerable and naive to the dangers, overly paranoid or socially dysfunctional.

You're right KJ, consumerism is just one facet of the multitude of problems facing us today. You can barely find programs on the TV anymore that aren't filled with sexual content or violence. I believe constant exposure to such things does de-sensitize people over time as you've stated.

Where as parents we need to draw the line is definitely unclear. Forewarned is forarmed, but at what costs?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
There's just so many heathens in Sodom these days, and i'm ready for the fall, not with materials, but with knowledge. Even as a kid things like this always puzzled me.

Almost everything i see in this sick twisted place completely nauseates me, promiscuous whores of both sexes running around half naked, driving some golden calf of a rolling status symbol. Misled down a road of desensitization through media.

Dumbed down
Stripped of morals and sense
Preoccupied with distraction
deaf, dumb, and completely blind.....

EXACTLY HOW THEY WANT IT!!!!

Sad part, those who wish to not participate in The Great Dumbification ave little choice but to run off away from civilization to live without being oppressed by mass idiocy.

At this point i do seriously hope that something puts an end to this entire path of wickedry, because from what i see, we're all doomed anyway, and i'd rather see humans extinct than to see the evil souls win.

Personally, i feel stuck, like i can't move forward in this backward world, and have no choice but to completely not participate in the wrongdoing. I'll die before i submit my will to that of the wretched, the physical body is a small price to pay for solidarity of soul, and i'll pay the price willingly when payment is due. I'll receive my reward when i pass through this hell where i reside now.

Even if a great leader arose and spoke a message of enlightenment for the masses, nobody would hear it, with ears, yes, but who anymore even has the attention span and depth of thought to truly hear? Not many people i see around me, even a lot of the more wise intelligent people i surround myself with as friends.

I have faith that the earth will be cleansed of all the wickedry. On that day those whose souls are prepared for the shedding of the physical will receive their reward of freedom from the physical. Those who realize that the physical is a test of virtue and endurance will find paradise, those who fear the end are the ones who pass with regret based on attachment to physical and material worlds.

I'm ready for more than just physical survival, like i said, my soul is prepared and i look forward to soul's attainment of freedom.

The end of the fourth world is upon us, you can either pass through that door with knowledge and traverse the portal in peaceful grace, or be dragged kicking and screaming through in terror. It's all up to you

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I understand exactly how you feel....... im in the uk, im 25, and have witnessed many of this 'dumbed down' immoral society...... i tend to only have a few friends, because i just cant stand the immature, selfish, empty, thoughtless generation i seem to have grown up with..... i couldnt tell you the last time i went to a nightclub or a bar, i just dont get it? get so drunk you cant walk, or if you can walk lets find someone to have a big brawl with?? thats all it seems to be... i feel very trapped, and very uncomfortable, i feel like i cant move forward, that the worlds in a mess and just getting worse, but the majority just seem blind and oblivios to it...... now i dont want to sound like im a depressive person because im not, but being young, the thought of another possible 55 years in this existence is just a horrible thought..... nothing feels right, i cant quite explain it, the world just doesnt seem right........ i watched a documentary about a tribe the other night, they lived off their land, they built their own 'school' for their community, they cooked, ate and sang together, they were always smiling, what struck me was that they actually feel sorry for people living in the western world!! stress, money and workplace were meaningless words to them!!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicstorm

Wow, you know, I could have wrote that. With the minor alterations, I'm 26 not 25 and the fact that I didn't watch tribe the other night cause I don't watch T.V..

You have pretty much stated exactly how I feel about our situation at the moment. respect to you and know that you are not alone.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicstorm
now i dont want to sound like im a depressive person because im not, but being young, the thought of another possible 55 years in this existence is just a horrible thought..... nothing feels right, i cant quite explain it, the world just doesnt seem right........

Exactly. I feel i'm in a world that aside from the natural world and way of life itself, there is absolutely nothing that society has to offer.

I don't desire wealth, or technology, or material stuff, what else is there in society? I don 't want wealth as it's defined in society, because even if i had millions, there'd be absolutely nothing i'd want that i don't already have.

There's nothing real left to attain in this fake world. The motto, "drink, screw, be ignorant" seems to rule the lives of all those around me.

The one thing i do desire is companionship, someone to talk to. I ramble on to the next generation on social, political, and economic philosophies, Engage others in poetic competitions of wit, i express myself constantly in poetry and prose, as well as in physical motion. I've got lots of friends who i know do care for me, and many fans, but even among a crowd applauding my performance, and a tight circle of intelligent enlightened souls, i still almost always feel completely alone, last man standing on the earth type of alone.

It's been like this for as long as i can remember, since i was a kid, i've always been frustrated that i sought and attempted to pass on knowledge. I sought wisdom, spent years as a kid deciphering the philosophical puzzles, and when i'd present years of my philosophical or spiritual work to someone in hopes that i could have another to discuss such things with, 99% of people just seemed completely uncaring.

As a kid, i'd learn, and i'd read tons of, i had an insatiable hunger for knowledge, everything i learned, no matter how significant, changed my entire universe and i realized it. I could feel my consciousness expanding exponentially. Every concept i grasped widened the possibilities of reality, and added another dimension to this existence.

When i started kindergarten is when i started realizing something was not right. I looked forward to going to school, i thought i'd really be able to learn more than ever, because i'd have guidance and instruction towards the acquisition of knowledge. Nothing could be further from the truth. I wanted to read and explore the world, so to speak, with information and knowledge. I found myself forced to waste time with idle things like fingerpainting and playing with blocks. Up until that point, i had a pretty optimistic outlook on life, and was eager to participate in this wide world that i caught a glimpse of through the window of books and knowledge.

Before i started kindergarten i was reading and comprehending at a college level. I used to read all day as a kid, and i couldn't get enough. I read mostly science books, physics, electronics, aerodynamics, computer hardware and programming languages.

When i was introduced into the indoctrination machine that was the education system, it's like i hit a brick wall. I was crushed, and angry that i was forced to spend my time with repetitively mindless exercises in conformity. Doing 100 math problems with single digit factors is a way to dumb down kids, it doesn't teach you anything but to not question why you have to sit and do this.

As a consequence of my situation, i ended up with no friends, as i was completely perplexed most of the time as to why "nobody knew anything". I'd try to hold intelligent conversation, i'd get teased, ridiculed, and beat up.

I'd try to talk to my teachers, i'd ask serious in depth questions, and i'd get dismissed offhandedly and told to go back and do math problems. Or practice writing the alphabet. My whole world was crushed when i entered school. I spent the next 12 years at odds with the student population over my being different, endured prosecution, and fought tooth and nail not to be dumbed down. In the later years of school, it had progressed to all out war with a crooked system. Throughout all the years in school, i really had no social contact aside from a few close allies in the war, fellow soldiers in the fight for truth. That's how we saw it, i knew they lied, i caught them several times, brought it out in the open, and there was no justice.

At such a lack of a social life, and a passion for learning, I've never had much in the way of interpersonal emotions or any intimate human contact. That came first at age 23 when i met my first (and only) girlfriend. Extremely intelligent, strong, loving, and beautiful. Even as close as we were though, and i think she understood me just slightly, but i still felt very alone. Sometimes even more so because i'd have someone to talk to but still not really have anyone to interact intellectually with.

She still never understood, she'd ask me what i want (from life) but she couldn't fathom the only answer i could truly give, nothing. For the year i was with her she just couldn't get the point of why, because anything i could dream of wanting will not make a difference, because there was nothing i wanted. I knew that the only thing that could bring. She misinterpreted my lack of desire for what i didn't already possess as something else, as uncaring, as "what's the point of living if you don't want anything from life?"

She still never understood.

I decided that from now on not to be with anyone because i don't want to trouble anyone with trying to figure me out. I don't want to hurt anyone by being who i am.

The scariest and most disturbing part though, look around at the kids today, and the world that has been handed down to them, what do i have to look forward to with a generation of dumbed down, shallow, materialistic kids on antidepressants and food additives grow up? They're going to have to run the world that i must live in. Now THAT'S the scariest part.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I can relate to what your saying so much....... ive been single for most my adult life, i have no problem attracting the opposite sex, but i can never seem to find someone who has the same mindset or who is on the same level...... id quite happily stay single forever if instead i could have a few close friends that were likeminded!...... I have a few friends that are not like me atall, and i feel bad when i have to pretend im actually listening to their rants about cheating boyfriends, hangovers and their minor petty problems, which probably doesnt make me a very good friend, but i just cant see the significance in any of it...
I look around and nothing looks right, nothing feels right and i only feel a sense of wellbeing if im around nature, its a very hard feeling to explain..... and then i come on ats and read about nwo and conspiracies and i just feel like were in a hell!.........

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicstorm

I look around and nothing looks right, nothing feels right and i only feel a sense of wellbeing if i'm around nature, its a very hard feeling to explain.....

yeah the closer i am to nature, the closer i am to feeling right. I never feel lost in the bush, there's no such thing as being lost in your own home. I feel lost when the same old concrete stays the same old way day after day, no matter how much i will it all to turn to dust. Cycles are interrupted, and life depends on cycles, and is a cycle itself.

In nature, the loop is closed so to speak, and you can feel it, you can hear it, and if you pay attention you can truly see god in the details of the infinite cycles of rhythm that compose the symphony of nature in all it's perfect glory.

The trees sway, shadows process, hearts beat, even the earth itself pulsates at a low frequency. Tides, rain, day, night, and even cycles as small as a grasshopper's legs stretching out and recoiling back is a cycle, and the hairs on it's legs cycle back and forth at that.

The false world that's been built interrupts many cycles essential to the wellbeing we feel in nature, and is harsh, erratic, and indirect without much real meaning.

Some cycles are artificially created, like fiat currency, to mimic a natural cycle of hunting/gathering and food. You must hunt/work to get food/pay but in nature you eat what you hunted. In this twisted world you get a small percentage of what you labored for and you still must work to obtain food. The cycle interrupts the natural cycle and like a parasite leaves the host in a deficit.

"Everyone" pays the price, few actually realize what that price is.

Even fewer are those who know that they can refuse to pay that price.

Those who actually refuse to pay the price are truly rewarded in ways incomprehensible by others, and can't ever be anything but free and enlightened, no matter what your physical reality.

And as i said, the only part of this whole thing that does sadden me, is that there's nobody around me whom with i could truly share my most profound thoughts and experiences. That's my loneliness, i love solitude, but i've seen, done, been to, came back from, and learned things that can only be called divine knowledge, but i feel like it's all for nothing, with so few divine beings to interact with. I want to learn from and build with others, but nobody's teaching or building anything new these days, just fighting over what's already dead and gone, torn down and turned ,to dust.

I've got my light, but it's dark everywhere else i look, unless i'm with nature. I want to seek the light of others, shut up, and listen to their wisdom, but it's just not to be found. Those who would do so are stifled and usually end up lonely, confused, marginalized, imprisoned, persecuted, and feeling completely alienated from any other human contact, if they've at all been through the trials that i've endured on that road. I've actually been accused of terrorism when i was 15 because i tried to stand up against the crooked system with words. I was beaten by the thug cops, interrogated, they tried to break me .

I've tried on a lot of different shoes to reach my conclusions thus far, i've made millions, i've been homeless, (i'd rather be homeless than a millionaire by far,,,) and almost everything in between. I've 9 to 5'd i hustled, had the baller stuff, and had nothing.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by angryamerican
I was setting on break at work last night talking about the survival forums on ATS with a friend. The group at the next table were talking very loudly and laughing. I kinda listened in on there conversation. It seems they were reading the paper about an accident that had killed a mother and her 6 month old twins. They were hit by a drunk driver fleeing the police. These guys thought that was funny. Then the one fella said I wonder if anybody was hit. I like it when they get hit by a car. He leafed thru the paper and sure enough he found a storie about two brothers who were crossing the street to get to work and one was hit by a car and was killed. he flew 30 yards he was hit so hard. A very trajick storie. the kid who hit him was 17 and not paying attention, him and his girlfriend a 14 year old were getting busy while driving if ya know what I mean. The guy who died was a father of two and a husband. The thing that set me off off is these guys at the next table thought all this trajidy was extreamly funny. They were telling jokes about they guy who died and saying they were all going to go over and comfort his wife and just having a grand old time.

That my friends is why I prepare. A society that has fallen so low morily is not long for this world. So why is it you prepare. What was the catalist that spured you on?

WHAT A WORLD WHEN OTHERS MISSERY IS A JOKE TO MANY!!!!!!

Bro, I hear your cry man.
Just after 9/11, about the next day in fact a guy at work made a very base and sick joke about it. I forget the nitty gritty of it as I didn't pay attention to the wordings, just the fact that this guy was getting a kick out of making fun out of it.
I said to him that he was bang out of order and not a time for jokes!
He tried to wriggle out of it saying he was only making light of a bad situation.
As if being overseas in a base in Germany makes any difference!
Yeah I think very few people in the mainstream have much empathy these days.
Sad times brothers....

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I know this is a old thread but I thought I would update on what has transpired sense then. There were three at the table. Of those three only one is still working there. First one is in prison. Charged and convicted third account animal cruelty. Involving a neighbors cat and fire works. you fill in the blanks.

The second one Quite shortly after the original conversation. he was the one who said he liked it when people got hit by cars. He got a job with a local power company. He didn't follow the rules and is now dead. I guess there is some justice there. The third guy that still works there has been demoted twice for insubordination. First demotion was done in no small part because of my urging. He is on probation and one more complaint from any body in the shop and he is gone.

You may think this is justice and in a sense I guess it is but my purpose for bring this dead thread back to life has nothing to do with justice. It has to do with the fact that it is not only still happening it is getting worse. The hate is accelerating. if that is any indication of our time span then the time is soon. Many of you know me from my web site and from ATS. I am not a alarmist. I do not think most conspiracy are real. I very definitely do not believe in any planet hurling at us at break neck speeds.

I listen to these conversations all around, not just at work. I listen I digest and I fear. It is such a beautiful world such a great planet so full of life. I watch and I listen, and I despair.

So why Write about it? For the same reason people talk to other people To gain support and understanding of the fear I feel knowing that we as a species are destroying not just our selves but our planet, our home.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The numbers of low-life scumb#gs has increased drastically over the last 20 years or so, and gets worse every year. Almost as if "virus humans" were planted here to corrupt the entire human race. Its time for the man upstairs to plow the garden under and start fresh with a new crop, I'm afraid. The weeds have overtaken.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join