It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Tells US what they should do in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
In a newly released video from Al Qaeda #2 Ayman al-Zawahiri advised the US republicans and democrats on what to do, and who they should be "talking" to in Iraq.

CBS/AP) The deputy leader of al Qaeda, Ayman al-Zawahiri, told the United States on Wednesday that it was negotiating with the wrong people in Iraq, strongly implying in a video broadcast on Al-Jazeera that Washington should be talking to his terror group.
"I want to tell the Republicans and the Democrats together ... you are trying to negotiate with some parties to secure your withdrawal, but these parities won't find you an exit (from Iraq) and your attempts will yield nothing but failure," al-Zawahiri said on the tape, sections of which were aired in successive news bulletins.

"It seems that you will go through a painful journey of failed negotiations until you will be forced to return to negotiate with the real powers," he said, without identifying these powers.

Source Full Article Link

Who are the "real powers" in Iraq?

This video seems on the surface to be nothing more than the usual rhetoric expected from Al Qaeda. However I have to ask, Do you think anyone in Washington will listen to his advice?

[edit on 20-12-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
the real powers in egypt, iraq, etc, in the whole arabian peninsula in particular , is not the political or military arms of local/regional parties or groups

the powers to negotiate with are the authorities, religious leaders of Islam the Faith & Religion

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

CBS/AP) The deputy leader of al Qaeda, Ayman al-Zawahiri, told the United States on Wednesday that it was negotiating with the wrong people in Iraq, strongly implying in a video broadcast on Al-Jazeera that Washington should be talking to his terror group.

If he means we should be talking to Al Qaeda, I say sure, give us the GPS location of your cave and we will send something… I mean someone right over.

Who are the "real powers" in Iraq?

I agree with St Udio, they are the Islamic religious leaders and not the elected government. IMO there is no negotiating with them. They only want to establish a fundamentalist government and don't give a hoot about the people or democracy.

What a mess it is over there.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Al-Qaeda governing members could walk right out in the open infront of US Soldiers, and I can guarantee you those soldiers would not be given permission to open fire. The US needs these insurgent organizations there. Go ahead and ask yourself why.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
These insugrants need to be dealt with. The plan with Iraq may fail and may be another vietnam, look at how many people died from 1967-1973 and let's compare the amount of deaths of the Iraqis from 05-06! I'd like someone to do that.

new topics

top topics

join