It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Advanced Civilization on Earth Thousands Of Years Ago??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Somebody is jumping with both feet to a conclusion simply because it is a post in this thread and that the post started with what would appear to be a ..’dis’ to a poster who SEEMS to have all the DIFINITIVE answers. I read some of the 3 threads you have authored and I’ll let you in on a little secret...you say you ..

I have long been a big fan of Zechariah Sitchin
www.abovetopsecret.com...

you do realize that based on that statement alone, that a lot of people automatically put you into the ‘kook’ catagory and that nothing you say or post or link will ever change their thoughts and that, that statement alone makes anything you say held with scepticism.....no matter how much you stamp your feet and post links.

like i said son, dribble

Oooowww..I’m just looking for a warning..hee hee

that said ..I’m right there with you on sitchin....he has opened a verbialy pandoras box on the history of the earth and the only way to debunk is by saying that it is unimaginable that his interpretation could even be remotely correct.
And if that isn’t enough sand in the eye...I tend to lean torwards the ‘THEORY’ of a comet, metorite on the LDG. But even one of your own links still has questions.

Although the glass is most likely a result of Kebira, the method by which it was created is open to question.
www.thunderbolts.info...

sorry but here is another example of..'my links are better than your links'... and ouch..it is from your own authored thread..once again sorry..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

oooh ooooh ..do i get a warning now...

My whole point here is what I said before.......what makes your people better than my people....just posting with authority and throwing link around is not enough and is open to ......question
we are all people with a particular ..afliction..( don't know if that is the right word) of questioning the norm..........thats why i LUV ATS

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   

you do realize that based on that statement alone, that a lot of people automatically put you into the ‘kook’ catagory and that nothing you say or post or link will ever change their thoughts and that, that statement alone makes anything you say held with scepticism.....no matter how much you stamp your feet and post links.

sorry to burst your bubble dullmind but when i said

i have long been a fan of Sitchin

i said it with heavy sarcasm
had you read the actual thread instead of briefly reading the first line you would have noticed that

if there was an above top secret award for making yourself look an ass no doubt everyone in this forum would have just nominated you
boy i can feel those cheeks burning from here

that said ..I’m right there with you on sitchin....he has opened a verbialy pandoras box on the history of the earth and the only way to debunk is by saying that it is unimaginable that his interpretation could even be remotely correct.

spoken like a true amateur
suugest at this point you go back and read the scorpion planet thread that i wrote which disproves a major part of Sitchins hypothesis
and in future try to remember not to judge everyone on your own standards
just because you write and believe in dribble doesn't mean that everyone else does
and by the way son
I'm 36
and you are not my father

[edit on 22-12-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Here is more from pre-history, what I think could be an accurate description of a nuclear explosion.....

The Brahmastra, as described in the ancient Hindu texts, was the most powerful weapon known that could cause massive destruction.

Here is a passage from the Drona Purva describing it's use:

Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana
hurled a single projectile charged with the power
of the Universe. An incandescent column of
smoke and flame, as bright as ten thousand suns, rose with
all its splendor.
(The mushroom cloud?)

It was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic
messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race
of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable.
Hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
and the birds turned white.
(Effects of nuclear radiation?)

...After a few hours all foodstuffs were infected...
...to escape from this fire the soldiers threw
themselves in streams to wash themselves and their
equipment."
(Fallout?)

Dense arrows of flame, like a great shower, issued
forth upon creation, encompassing the enemy...
A thick gloom swiftly settled upon the Pandava hosts.
All points of the compass were lost in darkness.
(EMP?)

Fierce wind began to blow upward, showering dust and gravel.
Birds croaked madly... the very elements seemed disturbed.
The earth shook, scorched by the terrible violent heat of this
weapon.
(Effects of a nuclear explosion!!)

This description, I feel, accurately depicts the use and effects of a nuclear weapon.

Imagination?? Perhaps.... Perhaps not!!

[edit on 22-12-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
you're nothing but an ignorant drama queen Snafu...

sorry to burst your bubble dullmind...

How about we make this real clear ok? It doesn't matter what someone posts in a thread. It's the issue that needs to be discussed minus all the personal insults. Now I've seen borderline comments of people saying someone's logic is nutty and other jabs of sarcasm, but the direct insult statements need to be stopped.

Originally posted by Harte
At any rate, just going by what you posted in this one single post which I here quoted, one would certainly be hard-pressed to show that there is even any "issue" here at all to be discussed, as you put it. Wouldn't you agree?

No I wouldn't agree. If everything need to be completely factual, then how would a conspiracy board even be around? People discuss theories, ideas, thoughts, and yes...facts. That's what discussion is about.

They could post that the moon is made from cheese. You might post some facts that it's not. They either believe you or they don't. Continuing to call someone ignorant, stupid, or any other personal jab is just not needed.

Edit: fixed last quote which I accidently attributed to the wrong person. Sorry about that.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Imagination?? Perhaps.... Perhaps not!!

Also could be the descriptions of past memory/stories of a volcanic eruption. And explosion of pyroclastic material can cause superhot air that can burn/incinerate for miles, an ash cloud that can be seen for hundreds of miles, and ash fallout that can cover everything grey/white (like birds).

Super hot air/gasses could make hair melt, pottery burst, earth shaking, and arrows (burning fragments) of flame.

If nobody could survive, how would they get an accurate description? People of those times attributed everything to the gods, but to take a basic description and then leap to a nuclear bomb is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

As an added note.
I was over 300 miles from Mt. Saint Helens. I heard the explosion, I saw the mushroom shaped cloud, and due to the winds...the ash fallout carried over 800 miles into Montana. Trees were burned by super hot gasses, the earth shook, anamals were turned white by ash debris, the sky turned dark, and people trying to breathe in the ash had lung problems and got very sick.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Here is more from pre-history, what I think could be an accurate description of a nuclear explosion.....

how is that an accurate description of a nuclear explosion
surely its an accurate description of a large explosion period
lets have a closer look at the text and see if theres any clues

It was an unknown weapon,

if its a known nuclear weapon why are they calling it unknown

an iron thunderbolt

Heads up Mike
Nuclear weapons arent made of Iron
Meteorites are

This description, I feel, accurately depicts the use and effects of a nuclear weapon.

you need to show some evidence that this was an explosion causes by a weapon which derives its destructive force from nuclear reactions of fission or fusion.
so far you just got a big bang

maybe you should look up long term radiation effects of nuclear weapons and then answer the question
1. why is there no measurable effects from long term radiation in an alleged nuclear explosion ?

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I wonder how we would describe an situation that we had never seen before? I assume we would use descriptions of things we have seen before or terms that somebody else had described to us about something similar.

We can only guess at how ‘ancient’ people would describe watching a rocket hit or a cruise missle flying by or the effects of a rifle or handgun. They can build enormous structures but their visual accounts of certain things are held as a possible delusion or just a misrepresentation of what actually happened? How would they describe a known volcanic blast or earthquake? Like Z just described, a volcanic explosion could look like a nuclear blast but which would it be? One is to unimaginable to believe and the other is .....comfortable.

My point, which I have been stating over and over is..how do we know who is right when there IS conflict and missing data on both sides? Ancient history, I believe, has been purposely manipulated throughout the ages. Not all texts have been translated..I wonder what else is out there to prove or dis prove our current knowledge of history....untill then we all get to work on a very large zigsaw puzzle.

Siiiiigghhhhh........

what I thought would be obviously sarcastic obviously was missed........I’m still right there with you.......a dark box was opened.....and only MORE questions remain.....
how old was gusur?.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk[/i
Nuclear weapons arent made of Iron
Meteorites are

I posted about a volcano, but a meteorite impact is another great line of thinking. Personally I think in the inclusion of the word "iron" is more to describe hardness or strength since iron would have been one of the strongest things known at the time.

I don't think it's meant to mean the "weapon" was actually made of iron because who would actually know?

Still, I like the meterorite idea too so I think that is another very valid option compared to possible nuclear weapon.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

My point, which I have been stating over and over is..how do we know who is right when there IS conflict and missing data on both sides?

you use factual data and common sense
what your basically saying is:-

how do we know that they didn't have nuclear weapons when they didn't know what bronze was or how to make an alloy
or
how do we know that they did have nuclear weapons when there is no physical evidence whatsoever of one ever being used before 1945
or
how do we know that they knew about nuclear physics when they didn't write anything about that knowledge at all
or
how do we know that the gods were real and had heavier than air flying machines and advanced weapons when there is no archaeological evidence of their existence

you should use this phrase to work out the problem

an absence of evidence is the only evidence of absence

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
another article, this time from mainstream science in the "new scientist." provided by fellow member etshrtslr in my previously mentioned thread:

Originally posted by etshrtslr

Within a few million years, erosion and possibly another ice age or two will have obliterated most of even these faint traces. If another intelligent species ever evolves on the Earth - and that is by no means certain, given how long life flourished before we came along - it may well have no inkling that we were ever here save for a few peculiar fossils and ossified relics. The humbling - and perversely comforting - reality is that the Earth will forget us remarkably quickly.

www.newscientist.com...

the "timesonline" further expands on this article:

timesonline
IF MAN were to vanish from the face of the Earth today, his footprint on the planet would linger for the mere blink of an eye in geological terms.

and a handy graph:

graph

again, thanks to etshrtslr for the sources.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
thats all very interesting but what does it have to do with the topic we are discussing ?

the Maharbta was written in 500bce
detailing events that supposedly took place around that time
not events caused by a previous intelligent species

If another intelligent species ever evolves on the Earth - and that is by no means certain, given how long life flourished before we came along - it may well have no inkling that we were ever here save for a few peculiar fossils and ossified relics.

until they get to the moon and find this

then theres going to be some awkward silences and questions

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I used to believe all this... and all that annunaki jazz too.

but then this fabulous thing called FACTS ended up getting in the way and now i have to listen to bozos on Coast2Coast and ATS spewing the "same old same old"...

Seriously, the facts are stated. READ them.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

the Maharbta was written in 500bce
detailing events that supposedly took place around that time
not events caused by a previous intelligent species

How do we know this? It may be surmised that:

1. The event could have taken place thousands of years before it was written!
2. There could have been an ancient war between alien races on Earth which is what is described. (An ATS search would throw up a zillion threads on this!)

If another intelligent species ever evolves on the Earth it may well have no inkling that we were ever here save for a few peculiar fossils and ossified relics.

until they get to the moon and find this..

then theres going to be some awkward silences and questions

That's provided the Moon landing wasn't a hoax!!
If it was, then there would be NO trace of mankind except probably a non descript stone lying where the White House was, with an inscription saying 'Dubya was here'!!

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

How do we know this? It may be surmised that:

1. The event could have taken place thousands of years before it was written!
2. There could have been an ancient war between alien races on Earth which is what is described. (An ATS search would throw up a zillion threads on this!)

1.if it took place thousands of years before it was written then it isn't a contemporary account and so is not accurate. there goes your nuclear weapon. look at what happened to the ark of noah over just 3000 years. it started off as the wall of a small house and ended up large enough to contain two of every animal on earth. so your explosion by the same rules started off as a campfire.
2. alien races which happen to look exactly the same as humans and who fight with known human armies. besides which the Mahabatra is the epic tale of a quarrel between the Pandavas and the Kauravas that culminated in a terrible fratricidal war. While primarily a book concerned with the acts of mankind, it had a major impact on Hindu belief because of the role that Krishna plays during the climax of the epic. He acts as a counsel to the hero, Arjuna, on the way of the cosmos.

and really all this stuff about Shivas trident being a nuclear weapon is easily solved by having a look at him holding it

looks very non nuclear to me Mike

would you claim that the cities of soddom and gomorroh were also nuked
how about several mesopotamian cities that were claimed to have been destroyed by fire from god all without any archaeological evidence of a nuclear attack or any sign of radiation or any advanced technology at all
what did they do afterwards go round cleaning up the wreckage ?

btw you know that one of Shivas sons was an elephant god called Ganesha
which planet was he from trunko ?

when you dig into this a little deeper you'll see that the God Shiva actually evolved from the God Rudra, a harappan deity
this places the events no later than around 2500bce
see its not just the events that get changed and twisted over time
its also the characters

how about that Greek god zeus eh
casting down thunderbolts from mount olympus
he didnt exist until at the very earliest 1500bce
how about the roman god Jupiter and his thunderbolts
he didn't exist until at the earliest 500bce
and then of course you have Jehova and his thunderbolts
he didn't exist until 400CE
or mohammed and his thundebolts
he didn't exist until 800CE
you can't claim one story is accurate and another not when you are judging them with a personal belief
they must all be stories about nuclear weapons or none of them are

at some point you have to accept that people like a good story
they prefer it over factual stories most of the time
how would you feel if sci fi was banned and replaced by nature documentaries
bummer eh

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Ok one thing, Not all of us have been posting to ATS sence the dawn of its time. we look into something and think that it is a brand new idea to us but everyone else here has hammered it to death. I know everything has been done under the sun but heres the catch 22 in all of this...

you go and research the old threads and post a new reply and get hammered for bumping an old thread.

so what do you do?

you got a new insight into somthing a thousand people have talked about. you don't know that a thousand people have talked about it. but you want to talk about it. so you post a new thread. Someone hammers you for posting something that has already been talked about.

so you research and find a three year old thread that hasent been posted to for ages. you post to it and get nailed for bumping an old thread

whats the solution?

Sorry about the non discussion of the OP here goes...

yep people in the ancient past had a lot of knowledge about modern day science. I bet if we looked deep enough we would find that these ancient cultures knew more thain we give them credit for.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by whatukno]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I bet if we looked deep enough we would find that these ancient cultures knew more thain we give them credit for.

well we have been looking
and so far theres no sign of any advanced technology
any suggestions as to where we should dig ?

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

well we have been looking
and so far theres no sign of any advanced technology
any suggestions as to where we should dig ?

There could literally have been thousands of advanced civilizations with technology in the 4.5 billion years since the earth was formed.

It only takes 200,000 years to eradicate all traces of mankind. So it does not matter where you dig.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 23-12-2006 by etshrtslr]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

It only takes 200,000 years to eradicate all traces of mankind. So it does not matter where you dig.

thats great news then
it only took us 100,000 years to evolve from our last homo ancestor
so should be plenty to find

so why isnt there

[edit on 23-12-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

it only took us 100,000 years to evolve from our last homo ancestor

You answered your own question.

Go back a billion years how many civilization could have evolved and created technology then destroyed themselves then 200,000 years later there was nothing left to show they ever even existed.

Within the time frame of a billion years there could have been hundreds if not thousands of technological advanced civilizations.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
civilisations of what
Civilisation is not an evolutionary expectation
its a freak of nature
intelligence and self awareness coupled with socialisation is an evolutionary advantage in our case and our case alone in the history of this planet.

theres no evidence otherwise
so why bother pretending there is because you want it to be that way
that won't make it true !!

have you been watching that Voyager episode with the dinosaurs ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join