It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robots to Have Rights, Says UK Government

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It is the natural way to eat animals whilst they hunt for food too. However, we must pay respect for nature that gives us the gift of there hide and meat. But no we devour them whilst throwing them in bins alive (refering to chickens) and due destructive things to the environment.

7A

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Before the end ... Man-Kind will think that it has become a god ... as some of them already do ... Believing that Lucifer and Jesus were brothers and we are now in heaven. HAHAHAHAHA ... I laugh although it hurts to know that we were created in his image given all this knowledge and we just abuse it. I sometimes wonder if these last generations of people that are here on the earth even have a chance ... NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME ... Noone could even understand this here recently tried to put it into context .. Don't worshp sports or this or that .. when in the end ... Man will be worshiping himself right before he realizes that he just destroyed himself.

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
A question for theologians

If humans create an artificial 'being' with real intellect, and perhaps even real consciousness, have we created a being with a soul?

If so, has mankind made a mockery of God?

Has mankind become the Creator?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
"What did you do to end up in prison?"

"I forgot to change my robot's coolant and as a result he fried his brain and stopped working."

"How many years did you get?"

"30 with no chance of parole."

"Ouch! You must have had a real jerk for a Judge."

"Yeah, I drew one of those Justicemaster 3000s."

"You humans SHUT UP!"
"YES SIR!"

"I forgot that those Prisonmasters had such good hearing sensors."

"Yep. Your on his bad side now. Robot abusers have a rough time in here."

Think about it. If this post is any indication this scenario isn't too far in the future.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I just want to throw something out there...

AI memory, personality, etc, is probably going to able to be backed up in archives somewhere. There will proabably even be a system in place for them to regularly get backed up. Presumably, just destroying a robot would pose no more threat to their "life" than the material cost of the damage and the memories lost since the last backup, which could probably all be translated into a fine.

Perhaps, instead of serving years in prison for purposely or accidentally destroying an AI robot, you merely have to pay a fine that covers the cost of a new body, and perhaps any productivity that was lost as a result. That assumes you are found guilty.

"Murder" of an AI, however, would absolutely have to be a premeditated act in this case. You would have to go and destroy the robot, and any and all copies of its memory backup. Now, if an AI were on par with humans as far as whatever standards (outside of what we are made of) one cares to name, then, yes, I would consider that murder, and I would expect that the perp be put away.

A second question to ask of those who think you should have the ability to torture, damage, or destroy a robot without responsibility or repurcussion. Would you say the same thing about your dog? Just curious.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I find this scary as alll Hell and Funny as crap at the same time ... I propose a question ??? How can you kill something that was never alive !??!?! And if it was alive wasn't it alive in BINARY ??? Wouldn't we just be able to back it up online somewhere ... crypted most likely ? So all that it learns we can just rebuild and POOF ... We are pretending we are gods again ... Which we are most definately NOT ... Anyways PREACH ON BROTHERS >!

Originally posted by JIMC5499
"What did you do to end up in prison?"

"I forgot to change my robot's coolant and as a result he fried his brain and stopped working."

"How many years did you get?"

"30 with no chance of parole."

"Ouch! You must have had a real jerk for a Judge."

"Yeah, I drew one of those Justicemaster 3000s."

"You humans SHUT UP!"
"YES SIR!"

"I forgot that those Prisonmasters had such good hearing sensors."

"Yep. Your on his bad side now. Robot abusers have a rough time in here."

Think about it. If this post is any indication this scenario isn't too far in the future.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So bad things happen ?!?!? When one of these robots get old and programs start defaulting and the sensors that we have built into the machine start malfunctioning and we have to capture it and reboot or what not ... Should it be put in prison ?? LOL .. or should it just be shut down and re built !?!?!?! This is unfair I wanna be shut down and rebooted ... I never wanna be put in prison ... I swear just shut me down and reboot me and switch a couple wires and I will never do what I did yesterday ... LOL !!! Sorry guys my imagination is running alittle rampid taday ! That and I have seen Pamela ANdersons Rant about debeaking Chickens and how much pain they go through ... Before we eat them ... Aren't we killing them anyway !?!?! I mean when I was a kid 7- 8 years old I went down to the chicken coupe gathered up eggs fed the calf ... goats the chickens ... Then went occasionally and rang one of thier necks .. as it was flying all over the place and trying to die ... I would always see if I could catch it before it stopped moving ... Why as a INNOCENT little kid did I not find this Cruel ?? Maybe cause if I didn't I wouldn't have ate for those couple of days Chicken Sandwiches .. Chicken and dumplings ... Chicken Chicken Chicken ... lol .. peace

Originally posted by thelibra
I just want to throw something out there...
A second question to ask of those who think you should have the ability to torture, damage, or destroy a robot without responsibility or repurcussion. Would you say the same thing about your dog? Just curious.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
FYI - some of the most advanced robots are nano-scale artificial organisms - part-machine, part biological - sometimes called "nano-bio-bots."

Also fyi - the main characteristics required for artificial organisms to evolve, and impact natural organisms and natural evolution, all have been announced publicly over the last few years. These characteristics include self-power, and self-assembly or self-replication.

I am wondering where these little guys might fit in this proposed legislation:

Before, or after, they colonize complex lifeforms, and take them over?

???

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join