It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is the full length video of "Jesus Camp."

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
"My response to your question is a question to you. Did not Christ die for the sins of the entire world?"

Then why does the fundamentalist movement seperate the world ? The actions conflict with the beliefs.
Christ would not recognize what the Church has become, it is a revenous monster feeding on fear, terror and intimidation, and blind obediance to leaders that are hypocrits in every manner.

And still, the question is evaded. Fundies believe the only avenue to heaven is through Jesus, yet cannot accomodate the promise god made to his chosen people, and those that have never heard of Christ. It is fundamentally ( pun intended ) untenable.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
whoa, I cant believe I heard what I just heard.
Something along the lines of too many Christians are "FAT & lazy".
Watch the lady who makes the statement...
- about 7 minutes into video

By the way, scary the brainwashing going on...emotions are powerful.
(and oh, make sure to visit our store and buy some stuff like our evangelism book) lol

Peace

dAlen

- i gave up watching it all the way through...died off somewhere during the camp part of the film, about the time they started breaking cups.
wow, all I can say, is I hope those kids get free one day...this is sad. (and their parents, may they get free, etc.) To many comments to post in such a short space...but truth comes to the true seeker. :-) (or rather when you seek with all your heart...and with this type of box teaching, you cant even follow that Biblical principle.)

[edit on 24-12-2006 by dAlen]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Toolman I did not evade your question.

dAlen I also saw the humor in that statement, hahah

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
So all are welcome to heaven, regardless if you accept jesus Christ as your savior.

thats what fundies cannot accept.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Toolman, just as Luke 3:5 stated, "ALL flesh shall see the salvation of God," what you stated is indeed true. Now, some will claim that universalism is the idea of unpunished trespasses. It all depends on what one believe. While I don't think that that our "sins" are punished in some "fiery hell," I do believe that we are accountable for our actions. How God decides to mete out that accountability is his decision and his alone,not some pastors' behind a pulpit.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The only thing I saw wrong with the Video is the speaking in tongues part. You are supost to have a translator and a good reason to be speaking like that. Although I only watched 10 min. of the video. It discussed me to much to watch it through.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm just at half of it and I'm disgusted. Seriously. If there was some crazy church like that near me, I would go to every meeting and talk to them to prove them wrong and that they are fanaticals. Seriously, the main women should just go to jail.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I'm just at half of it and I'm disgusted. Seriously. If there was some crazy church like that near me, I would go to every meeting and talk to them to prove them wrong and that they are fanaticals.

sadly, that would be an endangerment your life with these people
you see more rational thought out of a group of suicide bombers sometimes...

Seriously, the main women should just go to jail.

while i disagree on principal (first amendment and all)
for what she's done she may deserve it...

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

while i disagree on principal (first amendment and all)
for what she's done she may deserve it...

Well she shouldn't go to jail but at least be kept away from people under 16. So reasonable people can say that she's a retard and an extremist.

I can't believe 80 millions americans believe in that crap. I know why Bush won TWICE.

What if those crazy start a jihad against gays and atheists? Or even Bush ``bashers``?

They should start a program, prevention of extremism, in every religions. And close that kind of crap.

But I know it seems very against the right of religion, but what religion? The religion of extremism? They don't go after neo-nazi and KKK... so they won't go after evangelicals extremists.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by Ford Farmer
What makes those kids any better than the "terrorists," They are willing to murder for their "righteous" cause. it makes me sick

They aren't being trained to murder for goodness sake. They are talking about a spiritual war not of this world.

Kids that age are psychologically incapable or recognizing the difference between a metaphorical war and a real one. Especially when they've never been involved in a real one.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by spiritconnections]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritconnections

Kids that age are psychologically incapable or recognizing the difference between a metaphorical war and a real one. Especially when they've never been involved in a real one.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by spiritconnections]

That is precisely my concern.. I just don't think that most kids of that age group are wise enough to decipher what is metaphorical and what is literal..

[edit on 2-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 2-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
That is precisely my concern.. I just don't think that most kids of that age group are wise enough to decipher what is metaphorical and what is literal..

well, they're also teaching the kids that certain groups, particularly my ilk, are out to destroy them and their way of life...

demonizing of a group is the first step towards the systematic extermination of said group (aka genocide)

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hi There,

Haggard

When evangelicals vote...thay take the election!

Think about this for more than a passing shrug...your future is potentially held in Haggard's statement, not only your future, but your children's, and their children's, also.

From this simple eye-opening and quite disturbing documentary comes a 'shot across all our bows'. Be under no illusion, regardless of your race or creed, if they gain total control of the power structure of America - and they are well on their way to doing so, the race of man is going to take one giant leap off the extinction tree, and hit every branch on the way down into the abyss. An extreme thought you may think, but not I think, wholly implausible. We are afterall, facing extremes in ideology. We are all caught between a stuggle of extremes, each seeking to dominate the other. No! not dominate, eradicate would be the more appropriate word to use. Each extreme holds to the dictum...'you are with us or against us'. Each of us that hold to neither ideological extreme, or perhaps hold to a more diluted creed are caught up in the struggle...we are nothing to them, but collateral damage, casualties between the war of their struggle...and we dismiss them at our peril!

Fundamentalism is - if one is inclined to accept a theocratic and Revelatory thought - the womb of the Antichrist! I am not religious, but this does not mean I have not received religious instruction as a infant and child - a most pernicious and insidious indoctrination, nor does it mean that I have not studied other forms of theocratic thought into adulthood and beyond. However, the symbolic allergory of the Antichrist is not that of a single figure, nor is 666 the number of 'a' man, but all man...the Antichrist is a doctrine of extreme interpretation, a twisted and warped ideology that is 'anti' to Jesus' message of love and peace and samaritan...it is 'anti'-to-Christ. It is here...now! and it is growing, in influence and power.

It is not represented simply by fundamentalism in America, but by fundamentalism in all countries. Nor have fundamentalists consciously set out to be 'anti' to the original principles of their faith's teachings, it is simply an abrogation of 'reason' that blinds them to the original principles. Through the abrogation of 'reason', they can no longer purview the essential teaching that Jesus offered as a guide...that each of us, as individuals, and only when each of us are ready, as a individual, to accept the message of love and peace and samaritan, intrinsically and altruistically, can the 'spirit' of a (wo)man be freed from the baser instincts of the 'beast'...we are seeking to 'humanize' the inner beast, and until such time that each of us do so...neither of us become (hu)man...for 'hu' is the 'spirit' of man transformed from the beast. Life, your individual life, is the environment by which experience brings about such a transition. It cannot be forced! If you want to worship God, Jesus, then stick to the principles they set, by loving all man, by living in peace with all man, by being the samaritan to all man...intrinsically and altruistically. Fundamentalists want this...but with conditions and strings attached, and that is 'anti-Christ'.

If your mother or father have accepted to walk their life in the guideship of Jesus' sayings that is quite fine, but it does not give them right over the child to have it indoctrinated to their beliefs. They can say to the child, this is what I believe, and this is why I believe, but not, because I believe, you are going to do so, too. God, I would suggest, wants each of us to come to God by our own individual acceptance of God, and not because our parents or some other so-called spiritual guide forces us into the relationship. It is said that 'pain' is the greatest teacher, fundamentilism will bring us all great pain.

Best wishes

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
They already have gained a lot of power... CFR members = extremists, Skulls And Bones = extremists, Bilderberg = extremists, Bohemian Grove = extremists. Evangelicals thinks that Bush is a christians when he's obviously not, they continue to believe that anything Bush is doing is christian, so they follow him in every crap he made up and say. They definetly think we are at war with Islam, and want the crappy war of religions 2 to begin. If any religion win, the extremists will win on both sides and ignorance and hate will prevail. At one time in the future, good people will have to take arms and reclaim their power for the sake of knowledge, modernity, moderation and science.

Because if the religious people take the western world and turn it like NK with a cult-leader thing, humanity will go into another dark age and with nukes on their hands and how christ is coming soon, they may end the world.

Anyway, my point is that extremism sucks and they should be blocked and opposed to enter the system of government or positions of power by any costs.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join