It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by southern_cross3
It's better to brainwash kids to do what's right than it is to give them the entire world of choices and watch them choose their own path to Hell amidst a cloud of learning and enlightenment.
Originally posted by toolman
Sick people ran the Jesus Camp, it was recognized as such and shut down. the proof is in the closure of the camp.
Christian's believe they are in a war not against flesh and blood people, i.e. muslims but against the devil and the forces of darkness. When they say they want to fight and die for Jesus they aren't saying that they will go out and kill people who aren't Christians they are saying that they will die before they renounce their faith. I hope I would do that in that place as well.
Originally posted by arius
OK I'm at 35:35 in Jesus Camp. I have only read about the first page of posts but I have to post now in response to the first page of posts. So far it seems pretty benign. Perhaps some of your misunderstandings of Christianity and its teachings is what is causing some of you to misinterpret what is being said.
1) Christian's believe they are in a war not against flesh and blood people, i.e. muslims but against the devil and the forces of darkness. When they say they want to fight and die for Jesus they aren't saying that they will go out and kill people who aren't Christians they are saying that they will die before they renounce their faith. I hope I would do that in that place as well.
2) Harry Potter is a children's book about witches and majic. If Harry Potter had been a real person in Old Testament times then yes the Jews would have put him to death. This was done many times in the Old Testament. However, Christians follow the teachings of Christ. He walked with sinners and ministered to them. He didn't put anyone to death. He was put to death.
3) The tone of the posts seem to say that these people are a cult. The definition of a cult means to be set apart. Christians are to be set apart from the world by trying to live lives that honor God.
Lastly, I was raised in a strong Christian family and understand things about the Christian faith that many of you apparently don't. However, I am not a good example of a Christian so don't go pointing out my failings as anything negative about Christians.
Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well,as I have already asked, is a 5-10 year old intelligent enough to understand this concept, particularly in the manner that this "camp" presented it? I am well aware of the whole "spiritual warfare" bit. I'd also be willing to lay my life down for God, but I am 29 years old and have the ability to make that decision. I am sorry, but a 5-10 year old child doesn't have that innate ability to make that decision. They shouldn't be asked to make that at such a young age either.
[edit on 23-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]
Originally posted by sean
1. Yeah till one interprits it wrong a desides to kill like in 911.
2. Yeah if Harry Potter was real and lived back then they would of believed he was a god or the devil. However, ironically Jesus in a sense was a Harry Potter. Yet in this camp Harry Potter is work of the DEVIL. So the teaching here is these kids shouldn't read Harry Potter. Maybe Jesus and the bible is fantacy a 2000 year old Harry Potter book.
3. If it isn't a cult then why do they have to box themselves into a CAMP and drill young children and making them cry forcing them or else? Intead of having a fun time enjoying camp they jumped right into polluting these young minds with a bunch of crap. Boohoo i'm sorry mommy for stealing a cookie from the cookie jar, lets all pray in tongues and flop around on the floor like a fish. You people are insane.
Originally posted by arius
1) Christians didn't fly those planes into the trade towers and kill thousands of people. Check out what the muslims teach their youth. It isn't about a spiritual war between good and evil it is about a literal war between muslims and everybody who isn't muslims.
Originally posted by toolman
We dont know what these children will grow up to be.
There are plenty of preacher's daughters dancing in strip clubs of los angeles, Children forced to conform at early ages usually lash out as young adults.
The Problem i have with the Fundamentalist movement, or evengelical, is the belief that " i am right, you are wrong, your going to hell" mindset.
Christ never asked someone if they were Christian, Christians didnt exist. He simply fed the hungry, housed the homeless, cared for the ill and incarcerated. He led by Example.
I would like to ask a question that other fundies seem unable to answer; is the only path to Heaven through Jesus CHrist..?
and if so what happens to the promise God made to his chosen people? What happens to the millions of human Beings that lived before Jesus, or in Africa, or Australia, and never heard of Jesus, God, the Bible ?
i get very contorted and tortured reasoning, but i am interested in the various responses from fundies. They seem unable to grasp the Divine Nature of God.
You have voted arius for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.
if a man seeks the flame of light that is within him then more will be revealed to him, if he does not seek the light that is within him he will remain in darkness. I can be no judge as to how another chooses to seek that light.