It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is the full length video of "Jesus Camp."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Jenna, as I already alluded to, the real problem that I have with this "camp" is that these children are not old enough to form their own opinions. They are basically being indoctrinated, I don't have a problem with them loving God and Christ,in a manner that is not conducive to being a respectable citizen. Instead, they are essentially being told, albeit subtlely, to kill for what they believe. This is where I begin to have problems.

Now, to my mind, there will be one or more of these kids that are going to deduct, "you know what, it's okay for me to harm someone who doesn't believe as I do." What kind of a message is that? How can one unify such an ideology with what Christ taught? You can't.

We are in perfect agreement on that point. I feel the same way you do about it. There's nothing wrong with teaching children about your religion, but there's a difference between teaching them about it and force feeding it to them to the point where anything anyone else tells them must be wrong and is the work of the devil because it doesn't match up with the thoughts that have been placed in their heads. I apologize if my previous posts did not explain clearly that I agree with you. I'm trying not to but I tend to get passionate about things when it comes to something that might harm a child and I definitely see the potential for great harm to come to these kids because of that woman and what she's been feeding them.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Are you going to say the same thing about every church that teaches children about their faith? This is just another way to teach children about their beliefs in Jesus, rather than sitting in a room for 30 minutes reading out of the bible. She teaches those kids through experience.
I'm not trying to say this lady is completley sane, because I think she and much of her followers are a bit wacky.
And I do attack people's beliefs, only when I view them as inhumane. I hate using the word 'attacked' but I have addressed my views on Islam.
I don't see Becky's tactics as inhumane, she has not physically harmed any child, she has not told them to go blow themselves up anywhere. She simply told those kids that dying for their country and for their savior is something honorable.

BTW what's his face...Ted Haggard?... the guy who was accussed of sleeping with some male prostitute was on there preaching about the evil of homosexuality. LOL

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Jenna, thak for presenting those clip. I like the question it asked at the end of the clips,when the girl stated, "I think they were Muslim." "If they had the Holy Spirit, Wouldn't they know." My sentiment exactly!!

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Oh,I know we are agreeing, Jenna. I just have a habit of reiterating things.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Iam still watching it now ,
Why would they in the love of all thats good and holy make kids worship george bush as a god!, iam at my wits end iam outraged at this disguisting group and the fact that there is 80 million of them in america and they are infultrating the Govrmt.

And brain washing them about Abortoin but for thats a diffrent thread in a diffrent section sorry

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Are you going to say the same thing about every church that teaches children about their faith?

Laiguana, any form of indoctrination is a form of brainwashing. However, how many churches or meetings have you been to where they are telling a group of kids to basically kill for what they believe in? I haven't been to any. I am not so much arguing against them teaching them to worship God because I worship God myself, but I am arguing against the manner in which they are doing it. By the way, you don't have to physically hurt someone to be hurting them. Hurting someone emotionally is much worse than physically hurting them in many instances.

[edit on 20-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Wow, just wow while im not a christian myself it saddnes me to see these people who give christianity such a bad name. Not all Christians are like this and thats something to be thankfull for.

One part that realy makes me mad is about 10:30 - 11:20 where she critisizes muslems for laying down there life for there faith then calls on christians to do the exact same thing!

I wonder if she realises Jesus plays a big role in the Quoran(spelling?)?

I've only watch about 15 mins in and allready have the urge to vomit, but most of all i feel sorry for the kids growing up with this brainwashing.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
ivzm, you are right. Not all Christians are like this. However, unfortunately for the Christian faith, there does seem to be a move in that direction. Although, I think there is enough good Christians to fight off this onslaught, I am just concerned about how the secularist and such are going to react to this stuff. I mean, hell, I am Christian, albeit not an orthodox one, and this sickens me. I can only imagine what runs through an atheists mind when they watch this video.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The reason why children are so "usable" is because they are so impressionable and believe lies like Jesus and Santa.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
"Had it been in the old testament, Harry Potter would have been put to death!"

- "AMEN!!"

Why are they worshipping a lifesize cardboard cut out of George W. Bush?

[edit on 20-12-2006 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Spread, that is rather odd. I was watching a show, it might have been Jay Leno or someone. Anyway, he was interviewing these kids and asked them to point to the picture of Jesus. Do you know who they pointed at? George W. Bush.

Now, it's interesting to me that these kids that come out of predominantly Christian homes would associate the picture of Bush with Jesus.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
"We got to many Christian grown ups that are fat and lazy"

Does that crazy women not realize she is obese grown up
?. For real those parents should all be reported for child abuse, no child should have to under go that form of brainwashing. This is just proof that religions should be BANNED of the face of this earth.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm a bit more than halfway through watching it, and I'm mortally terrified.

Is she suggesting that she wants Christians suiciding bombing places to the extent of the Islamic Extremists? This is brainwashing, its inhuman.

I'm agnostic and even I know that this is a gross twisting of the virtues of Christianity. Using children in such a way its despicable.

I guess I'll continue watching it and become more horrified...

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What makes those kids any better than the "terrorists," They are willing to murder for their "righteous" cause. it makes me sick

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ford Farmer
What makes those kids any better than the "terrorists," They are willing to murder for their "righteous" cause. it makes me sick

They aren't being trained to murder for goodness sake. They are talking about a spiritual war not of this world.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If they succeed in merging the christian faith into government, it wont be long until all who disagree with the christian authority will burnt at the stake for anything that reseambles "witchcraft".

Also I noticed a comment about science and religon, and I beleive it was the little girls mother who said something about Galileo rejecting science to convert to religion. In essence I am assuming she was denying his work. The Earth is the center of the universe not the Sun (though I cant find anywhere in the bible it says that).

Christian-fascism at its finest, but at least the christian-fascism isnt as bad as the other fascsm we hear about alot so much lately. (sarcasm)

[edit on 20-12-2006 by jaydelay]

[edit on 20-12-2006 by jaydelay]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I don't know what to say. I believe that what they are doing is right, and beautiful, and so tremendious, but yet at the same time, I feel as if these children are being lied to . The personalities in my brain are currently debating, And I do not know what side to choose. When Haggard brought up "Homosexual sins" I about lost it. But yet it is the word of God. But the God they worship dosn't sound like my God. My God is loving, kind, and most of all FORGIVING. My God loves everyone, for he created us the way he intended us to. he wrote the book for my life. I don't know if those children are being brainwashed, or truely being touched by the word of Christ almighty. But whatever it is it is very powerful stuff. I want to say...cult... but I am not.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
[They aren't being trained to murder for goodness sake. They are talking about a spiritual war not of this world.

King, while that may indeed be the case. Do you really think a ten year old child is old enough, especially in the manner that this camp is coming across, to understand this?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ford Farmer
But the God they worship dosn't sound like my God. My God is loving, kind, and most of all FORGIVING. My God loves everyone, for he created us the way he intended us to. he wrote the book for my life.

That's exactly what I said and how I feel. I don't know what God some people seem to be worshipping but it doesn't have any semblance to the God I have come to know and love. The God that I know is a God of unconditional love and forgiveness. Yet, when a lot of people talk about God, they talk about this raging,wrathful God that is going to explode at any time.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Having watched the entire movie now, I greatly fear for the future of this country. What she said was unfortunatly correct. A child is very impressionable at that age and it will stick with them.

I cringe at the thought of one of them some time in the future holding a position of power in this country...could it possibly go so far as... oppression? An end to freedom of religion, obviously a theocracy, where non christians are forced to convert or...what? Kicked out? Or worse?

I suddenly feel the urge to pursue a life of politics just to see if I can curb such a thing from happening, but look how many kids there are! Only one me...but the people with thoughts like I do are not really united for a common cause...

[edit on 12/20/2006 by Kacen]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join