It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is the full length video of "Jesus Camp."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
For those who are interested: Here is the controversial, "Jesus Camp:"

Camp

[edit on 20-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I will say this, I have watched about 13 minutes of this video and I must say that this is the most insipid form of brainwashing that I have ever had the displeasure of witnessing.
I intend to watch it all the way through because it is an interesting video,but who ever this lady is, she is sick. She seems to think that she know what God and Jesus want, I can assure anyone sitting at his/her computer, it is not this garbage!!

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Oh... My... God.... Children are "usable"? What on earth is wrong with this woman?! I'm only 15 minutes into it and I'm already disgusted with her.. I'm in a bit of a rush though so I'll have to finish watching it later.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Jenna, it is worth watching. What bothered me was the frightened look on the children's faces. You know, I believe in God and Jesus but there is a limit to how far belief should be taken. Yeah, God wants us to worship him with every molecule of our body, yet, no where does he jurisdiction the brainwashing, and that is clearly what this "camp" exhibited, of children. To me, the "camp" was cultic.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yep, I agree. I'm not a Christian, but there are some good values in it that I agree with. But this camp is just ridiculous! Harry Potter is a harmless children's story, ghost stories don't do any harm besides maybe scaring the poo out of you if it's good enough... I'm just at a loss for words.. Cult sounds like a fitting one though.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I was raised Catholic, so forgive my Christian associations there...

But that aside, this video is frightening to me. In fact, they ran through the entire process of cult indoctrination to the letter.

It's unhealthy and inbalanced.

Whereas my religious upbringing was designed to help me establish routines and patterns of objectivity in regards to the mysteries, and thus become a better person - this entire platform presented in the video is contrary to free thought, free will, and seems to be borne of a Apocolyptic Mentality that superceeds faith in God's plan.

Frightening.

I can understand why so many people are put off by Christianity when things like this go on - unwittingly, these perpetrators have established themselves as the False Prophets in my opinon.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well, it seems to me that I heard somewhere that this "camp" has been closed since the release of this video. So, someone with a conscience spoke out about it, apparently. I think that people can believe whatever they wish. However, when you throw children into this equation and force feed them an ideology it brings everything into a new perspective.

A child is not old enough to make up his or her own mind as to what he/she believes; to force feed an ideology, whether it be religious or secular matters not, is deplorable to me.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
I was raised Catholic, so forgive my Christian associations there...

I can understand why so many people are put off by Christianity when things like this go on - unwittingly, these perpetrators have established themselves as the False Prophets in my opinon.

There is nothing to be forgiven for. Your faith is what it is. However, there are people within the "organized church" that is corrupting it from the inside out.

As far as why so many are "put off" towards Christianity, there is more than one reason why people are "put off" by both Christianity and Islam as religious institutions. However, all of that is really outside the scope of this thread. I want to try and keep this thread narrowed down to the effects that this particular "camp" has had or is having on these children.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Understood.

All I see is a new twist on the same techinques of Nazi indoctrination.

Still, these children are quite young, and maybe as they mature and interact with the world outside of the church and the dictates of their parents they will come to a greater understanding of the world outside of this mentality.

Hopefuly.

Who knows? Maybe they'll hit their teenage years and find themselves in a church that actually has *fun* and focuses on the positives of the Christian experience rather than the apocolyptic preparations of the final war.

The human mind is an amazing and adaptable thing - I can only hope future experience helps temper these childrens associations with a healthy dose of tolerance and respect.

I've forgotten most of my experiences from this age, and they are not at the forefront of my consciousness anymore. But people are different, and what these children have gone through is a VERY powerful experience.

We can only hope new experiences push all that into the backlogs of their consciousness.

That being said, I cannot make any further conclusions on the effects without direct experience or conversation with the children themselves, and I'd hate to speculate without first hand knowledge.

[edit on 20-12-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The part where the radio host told her that "God has a special place for people who mess with kids" was priceless.

I would love to hear what Joel Osteen's opinions are about this movie. There's a guy I have a lot of respect for. I don't think he'd give it a glowing recommendation.

On a side note, the blonde babe in the pink at the bowling alley was a serious fox.

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well, examining some of the expressions on most of those kids faces, they accpeted what the lady was saying somewhat questionly.. So you may be right about that General. Although, I do think that the younger generation will be important to humanity. I don't think that it will be so in the destruction of civilization, and we all know that that was what that woman was insinuating. Why implant such ideas into young peoples' mind?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
They only theory I have on that reason is that the adults feel some sort of power and self validation over manipulating a younger and "moldable" section of the populace.

It's sad, but a lot of children are subject to this invalidation of their own opinions and perspectives (as well as natural expressions) by adults who are convinced children are nothing more than blank canvases for them to draw upon.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I fail to see any actual harm coming from this Jesus camp...to me it looks like many other churches sunday schools or whatever. Plus those kids are having fun and have lots of activities there, besides worshipping Jesus. That lady seems genuine in her efforts and though I doubt we see eye to eye, she does have a gift for motivating them.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Laiguana, I will say something aboutyou that impresses me is that despite your admitted affiliations, I have never seen you attack another's beliefs. That impresses me. It really does.

However, I disagree with you on this because it is really nothing more than an advanced form of brainwashing. The lady uses the excuse that Muslims do it to their young. So? I thought Christianity, at least my form of Christianity, was about love,peace and hope. Why link yourself to a religion the likes of Islam? I mean, if you're going to make a correlation between Christianity and another, why not a real peace loving religion or philosophy like Buddhism? I mean, to me, it would be a much better comparison than Islam.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
God, Iam only 10 min into it and iam already outraged
The bit with the little girl speaking in "tounges" very intensely and tears come out of her eyes...very very disturbing...Then she says about muslims brainwash there kids to die for there faith and how chirstain kids should be the same!
Dispicable!!

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disgustipated
The bit with the little girl speaking in "tounges" very intensely and tears come out of her eyes...very very disturbing...Dispicable!!

Yeah, that was a bit distubing to me as well. She said that the girl wasn't in a trance state. Ummm
, she looked pretty out of it to me.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
laiguna,

I must disagree with you too. Throughout the documentary there is a recurring theme. Using the children for the purposes of the church which are claimed to be the purposes of God. Quotes so far: "Children are so usable..." "From the mouths of babes..." Then there are the chants of "This means war! This means war!" The preacher telling Levi to "use his cute kid thing" to get people to listen to him until he has the content in his preaching. Becky tells the talk show host that kids don't do anything by choice and what they learn by the time they are 7-9 is there for life... How is this harmless? I mean no disrespect, I'm merely curious what you're reasons are for seeing nothing wrong with what they were doing with those children.

edit:

oh, heavens to Betsy... I closed out the movie once the credits started to roll so I don't know if this is at the end of it or not, but I watched the 4 minute long movie made from clips found here and at the end of it, the girl with the short hair walks up to three black men sitting in chairs under some trees and asks one where he thinks he'll go if he were to die right then. He answers "heaven" and after asking him if he's sure she says ok, walks off with the two people with her and says "I think they were Muslim." Now, how did she come to that conclusion? Could have been because she's white and they're not? Or could have been something that she learned while she was at the camp?

[edit on 20-12-2006 by Jenna]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This stuff really is horrible, I mean dont get me wrong i think people should be free to worship who/what-ever they like but when it croses the line from worsjip to an obsession and to infect your children with such BS is just not right ,yes teh values of discipline and respect are highley enforced but what about the descipline to let other worship what they want or the respect to let others to live there lifes the way they want

and i just had to laugh at this part....

"Whos in DA house...JC is da house...i say JC is ..in...da...house!" haha

Just as i was ending this post i herd her say somthing about harry potter

HARRY POTTER IS A F###### SIN ALL OF SUDDEN???

Harry potter would of been killed?? that is ..i just dont know..iam spechless
And whats even worse is a child in the crowed shouts "praise god" whitch is worse becuase they actualy think that already

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Jenna, as I already alluded to, the real problem that I have with this "camp" is that these children are not old enough to form their own opinions. They are basically being indoctrinated, I don't have a problem with them loving God and Christ,in a manner that is not conducive to being a respectable citizen. Instead, they are essentially being told, albeit subtlely, to kill for what they believe. This is where I begin to have problems.

Now, to my mind, there will be one or more of these kids that are going to deduct, "you know what, it's okay for me to harm someone who doesn't believe as I do." What kind of a message is that? How can one unify such an ideology with what Christ taught? You can't.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disgustipated
HARRY POTTER IS A F###### SIN ALL OF SUDDEN???

Harry potter would of been killed?? that is ..i just dont know..iam spechless
And whats even worse is a child in the crowed shouts "praise god" whitch is worse becuase they actualy think that already

Yeah, such ideas as this is what make fundamentalism despicable. Then people clap their hands as if they think God would approve of such actions. I don't know what God some of these church goers are worshipping, but it certainly isn't the one that I worship.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join