It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face-hunting software will scour web for targets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
How interesting first sporting events and airports, now your desk top!

Big brother will look over internet photos searching for terrorists and wanted criminals.

I hope Lynne and Tessa don't get busted !

17:40 19 December 2006
NewScientist.com news service
Tom Simonite

A search engine that uses sophisticated facial recognition to allow users to identify and find people in online images will launch next month. But civil liberties groups say the biometric-style tool could compromise the privacy of anyone who has their picture online.

Search engine Polar Rose reconstructs the 3D shape of a person's face and then combines that with characteristics of their features to generate a unique "face print". This can then be used to search other photos for a match.

www.newscientisttech.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
my space is a tool of the nwo

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
and pre-pubescent girls. gunna find lots of terrist this way.
I'll be impressed with they can scout photos on the net for embedded code in photos and decrypt them in a reasonable time frame(a day or two, with zombie nets it IS possible to do this)

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I can forsee what is going to happen,

Polar Rose will be let loose on the net looking at every picture ever posted on every web site searching for face recognitions and reporting back to the mother unit where ever it may be.

When a match is found, the site will be monitored for the id number of the person who posted the pic or monitor the web id address of the posting computer.

This should worry anyone who ever posted a facial picture on any website because I will bet Polar Rose will ID that pic and store it for future use weather it's for terrorism, draft dodging or politcal rallying you will get an ID# and it will be stored waiting for it to be usefull...

And if you are a "wanted person" and you posted your pic on myspace or the like, it will only be a matter of time before they back track and find you that's if you don't change web addresses each and every time you go on line.

I think we are all in for a rude wake up call and I am really surprised that this was announced to the MSM..

Merry Christmas!

top topics

join