It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bono avoids taxes, joins Forbes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Bono and taxes

This was an interesting article. Bono goes around the world trying to get countries to give more to the poor and to charities. He tries to get debt relief for poor countries. But where does all this money come from? TAXES.

In the past, Bono and other artists have gotten tax breaks and not had to pay like others. This is changing. How does Bono feel now that he's going to have to start paying his fair share of taxes, and that 'artists' aren't going to get off without paying their fair share anymore? He's upset. He doesn't want to pay the taxes, but he wants money to go to the poor.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
For once, FF, I agree with you.

Then again, I am running a slight fever.

Yeah, that's it.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
A lot of people have issue with paying income tax in the United States. Why? Because it is unconstitutional. Work for wages is considered an even exchange and, therefore, NOT considered income. The people of the US have been robbed of a large portion of their hard earned money since 1913 when income tax was started.....

If I make money on investments, then tax the profit.
If I make money gambling, then tax the profit.
If I own a business and it makes a profit, then tax the profit.

If I exchange my labor for wages, that is NOT income. It should not be taxed!! My wages are not profit!!

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
A lot of people have issue with paying income tax in the United States.

You make a very good point Excitable_Boy; however, you should've read the article:

That's the word from Ireland, where the group has been based since it was founded in the early 1980s.

The Irish Examiner reports that U2 and Bono are furious that Ireland is doing away with its law exempting artists and authors from taxation.

Sorry, not US taxes being griped at here.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

You make a very good point Excitable_Boy; however, you should've read the article:

DOH! Sorry about that....it is, however, questionable what any country does with the money they collect from taxes.....

The validity of income tax is being questioned all over the planet......In the US, our tax dollars go directly to the FED, not to the IRS as most people believe and are led to believe......

There are many other countries that are controlled by the FED besides the US...........

top topics

join