It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

killer of a policewoman fled the UK by disguising himself as a veiled Muslim woman.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Well there is already a big debate over this piece of clothing, Muslim teachers demand to be able to wear it as they please, probably only the hard core ones though.

In this case it was used to escape.

But it is thought staff rarely ask those departing Britain to remove veils in order to make sure their identification is valid.

A BAA Heathrow spokesman told The Times: "Immigration control staff always do a visual check on people coming into the country but only random checks are made with outgoing passengers."

news.sky.com...

Now there are several issues here.

One, if we go to Iran or Turkey etc, we HAVE to oblige their cultures, and adhere to them.
Right?

ie, women have to cover up etc.

But come to England, and they fight to keep their culture alive, which to a point is ok, but it annoys me when people demand, to keep certain aspects of their culture going.
Its more of a political statement i feel, and living in this country they should make some compromise.

In the case of the muslim teacher who got sacked for refuses to take her veil off, it was the complete one, Kids need to see the teacher's mouth, to help with communication, if you choose to be a Muslim teacher int he UK, you should at least help us understand more, not oppress us with your demands.

A very touchy subject i know, and living in London all my life, growing up in a multi diverse city, is ok with me, its good we help people from all round the world and offer a country that probably treats them better than their own country.

But englands culture has gone down the pan, or mis construed for their right wing beliefs, such as the BNP, whom i dislike.

With all this political correctness, we have let a cop killer slip out the country.

[edit on 20-12-2006 by Denied]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Always thought that this was how Bin Laden could have made an escape, but he's rather tall to pose as a woman? Stooped over he may have pulled it off?

So I thought that maybe footwear would give it away. After the shoe bomber, Richard Reid, it doesn't seem right that outbound passengers are only given a cursory check.

Something's not right in those statements.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
How on earth did this person make it through airport security??? Muslim or not, they HAVE to check if the persons face matches that of the passport, and clearly this can't be done when they are veiled! Maybe the airport personell were to affraid to ask him/her to remove it as it might "insult" the person? If you look like a hippie they're probably going to take you aside and do a full cavity search
so why do we have to be soooo sensitive with muslims?

new topics

join