It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory on no contact reported in mass media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Okay. This is an out there topic and evidence would be Very hard to find, BUT.....

The average human life span is about 70 - 80 yrs, yeah?(in good health). Out of those 70 - 80 years, 0 - 20 would be birth to educated adulthood. 20 - 40 maybe 50 are the prime years, 50 to 60 physical and, 60 - 80 mental frailness start to creep in. SO the healthiest most coherent and productive times are between 20 to 40/50.
Lets say that if NASA sent a mission to mars with current technology, to go, explore and return may take 6 - 8 years, let alone the preparation time. This is almost 10% of a human life time.
If craft froman extra terrestrial world were to travel here even at the speed of light, and the occupants had a life span of 1000 yrs it would be like trying to make contact with a mouse on the oppposite side of the world for us, by the time you came back a second time there would be mice but ur mouse would be long dead.
IMO UFO's are un manned probes

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLightBringer
Okay. This is an out there topic and evidence would be Very hard to find, BUT.....

The average human life span is about 70 - 80 yrs, yeah?(in good health). Out of those 70 - 80 years, 0 - 20 would be birth to educated adulthood. 20 - 40 maybe 50 are the prime years, 50 to 60 physical and, 60 - 80 mental frailness start to creep in. SO the healthiest most coherent and productive times are between 20 to 40/50.
Lets say that if NASA sent a mission to mars with current technology, to go, explore and return may take 6 - 8 years, let alone the preparation time. This is almost 10% of a human life time.
If craft froman extra terrestrial world were to travel here even at the speed of light, and the occupants had a life span of 1000 yrs it would be like trying to make contact with a mouse on the oppposite side of the world for us, by the time you came back a second time there would be mice but ur mouse would be long dead.
IMO UFO's are un manned probes

Where is the part about this being reported in mass media?

Sure, to our understanding of space travel, the size of the universe, and our own lifespans, it seems very unlikely that we could reach another solar system, but that's not to say there aren't other ways of travelling. It's all theories for the time, but wormholes, jumpgates, folding of space and other such ideas formerly reserved for science fiction is moving into mainstream scientific theory at a fast rate.

I'm pretty sure UFOs exist, so they would have had to get here somehow. They fly around at several thousand miles an hour here on earth, so what's to say they don't fly a lot faster between stars than we can imagine or duplicate as well? There's also the possibility of a permanent base somewhere in our own solar system.

"Theory on no contact" seems a bit wacky to me, as there's been alot of reported contact of various types up through the years... But if you say "Theory on UFOs being unmanned probes" I'm a bit more open to the idea. Doesn't explain what people reporting seeing aliens really saw though, unless they are robots or immortals.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Okay, UFO's try to contact a range of different people, all reports go into the hoax book, mass media ridicules and life moves on. Check every UFO report in the media "mass hysteria mode on!!! mass hysteria explained by swamp gas/weather ballon/ball lightning/car headlights/aeroplane landing, yeah, people that don't work for NASA are all gap tooth yokels. Next time they arrive and try, we scramble jets...........

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well, some of them have been here so long that you have to look at it the way the Government probably does meaning they shouldn't be consider Extraterrestrial they should be considered Terrestrial.

So the next time you talk Extraterrestrial to your Government maybe you need to ask them in what way do they consider these beings. Trick of words I believe is how they get away with many things.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The governments don't tell any one because all the weak minded fools that have a religeon will go ape (...).
What i mean is how are religeos people going to accept that there are other beings from other worlds when they find it hard enough to accept basic science.
You have to understand that most religeons believe that they are the only sons of god and that god gave them the land.
Why do you think Muslims are trying to get every where in the world like the UK? because one day they won't to take what they believe is rightly theirs.

[edit on 20-12-2006 by SKUNK]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Removed censor circumvention

[edit on 20/12/06 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK
The governments don't tell any one because all the weak minded fools that have a religeon will go ape s**t.
What i mean is how are religeos people going to accept that there are other beings from other worlds when they find it hard enough to accept basic science.
You have to understand that most religeons believe that they are the only sons of god and that god gave them the land.
Why do you think Muslims are trying to get every where in the world like the UK? because one day they won't to take what they believe is rightly theirs.

[edit on 20-12-2006 by SKUNK]

This may be how the government is thinking (there is a report from the early 50's I believe which made this conclusion), but in reality this view is starting to lose credibility. Even the Vatican has now said that discovering alien life will not have any negative effects on their religion, it will only go to show how great god really is. It's a matter of thinking larger than before I guess.

So the muslims can have their own planet if they want to! There is more than enough room in the universe for all of us. If we were given the technology to travel to other stars and colonize other planets I think some of these problems we see in religion today could very well be diminished, if not dissappear totally.

top topics

join