It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shane Warne retires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The best bowler the World has ever seen is retiring..

Warne, the world's leading Test wicket taker, is tipped to retire after the fifth Ashes test in Sydney, which starts January 2. Glenn McGrath is also rumoured to be considering retirement after the Sydney Test.

Link

What a legend. Going for his 700th test wicket.

Of course you Yankies won't know what on Earth we're talking about.

Oh, and for all the Poms, what an Ashes eh? hohohoho!

[edit on 12/06/2005 by kojac]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Ahh well, there ya go . . .

Awesome bowler. To see him in action just blows all the bad newspaper and tv reports.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
And being a POM!!! Great bowler. Just a shame he waited so long to retire

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
He was an outstanding bowler.........one of a kind.

I dont think we will see anyone else getting close to the number of wickets he has got.

Maybe in 2009 we will have a chance of winning back the Ashes, as Im sure quite a few of the Aussie team will no longer be playing.

Well played Warney !!

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
And it's about time too.

Anyway, isn't Don Bradman supposed to be better than Shane?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Sad to see him go after the last two tests hes bound to beat the 700 wicket mark.

I would place him in my top 10 sporting heroes easily , who can come close to beating his achievments only Murali springs to mind and I am still unsure of his bowling action , not like the poetry in motion of a Warne delivery.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Anyway, isn't Don Bradman supposed to be better than Shane?

Donald Bradman was one of Crickets' best Batsmen, Shane Warne on the other hand, probably the worlds best spin bowlers..

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindwalker

I dont think we will see anyone else getting close to the number of wickets he has got.

The Chucker is only 26 or so wickets behind, the record will be broken will more than likely in the next 12 months.

Well done Warney and McGrath we will miss both of you.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkmelb

The Chucker is only 26 or so wickets behind, the record will be broken will more than likely in the next 12 months.

Murali will retire after the World Cup and the Test series against New Zealand is finished, and with no more Test Matches for Sri Lanka now until after the World Cup there is no hope of him beating Warne's record.

And Steve Harmison has just announced that he has retired from One Day Internationals for England.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hey, with Warney gone, the POHMs might actually have a chance!

Nahhhhhhhh!!

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindwalker

Murali will retire after the World Cup and the Test series against New Zealand is finished, and with no more Test Matches for Sri Lanka now until after the World Cup there is no hope of him beating Warne's record.

Ok I have looked everywhere, where did you see this that he was retiring? The only articles I have seen is where he congrats Warnie.

Would love to be proved wrong as the chucker certainly doesn't belong as the all time wicket taker.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkmelb

Ok I have looked everywhere, where did you see this that he was retiring? The only articles I have seen is where he congrats Warnie.

Would love to be proved wrong as the chucker certainly doesn't belong as the all time wicket taker.

Found this article on the BBC website : news.bbc.co.uk...

I know it is almost a year old, but he has not made any comment about not retiring.....................but there is still time.

I agree with you, he is not the best wicket taker.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by Mindwalker]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
My edit above does not seem to be working !!!!

Murali must also be getting fed up with people having a go about his bowling action..........its happened again.

content-uk.cricinfo.com...

new topics

top topics

join