It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran demands UN action to force Israel to forego nuclear weapons, sign NPT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
And why shouldn't they?

It is this hypocracy which fuels resentment in the M.E. To me this Javad Zarif fella makes perfect sense..

The Iranian envoy urged the 15-member council to "condemn the Israeli regime's clandestine development and possession of nuclear weapons, compel it to abandon nuclear weapons, urged it to accede to the NPT without delay, and demand that this regime place promptly all its nuclear facilities under IAEA ( International Atomic Energy Agency) full-scope safeguards."

Link

We here so much about "rogue states" developing nuke tech "illegally" and how it is worth sending in the marines to stop them, meanwhile the International community turns it's back while other Countries' (see India) defy International Law, refuse IAEA inspections while they proceed to build a clandistine Nucleur arsenal.

Honestly, when you learn enough to see past the thin layer of BS surrounding the cause of Non Proliferation, it comes as no surprise that countries like Iran do their best to develop their own WMD's.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
that little slip of the tounge by Israel is going to really make things difficult for them to lobby against Irans nuclear research

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Uhmmm... perhaps because Iran is a signatory of the NPT and Israel is not?

No nation is forced to sign the NPT. However, they receive certain benefits if they do.

The reason that Iran is under current scrutiny is because they have violated the treaty. No one forced them to sign it, yet they have.

There is no denying that certain country's nuclear programs are not fully monitored by the IAEA, but they have not threatened to wipe a nation of the planet either.

Why should Israel be forced to sign a treaty? they never agreed to the NPT, Iran did and is now violating it blatantly.

[edit on 20-12-2006 by XphilesPhan]

[edit on 20-12-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
i didnt think iran had actually VIOLATED, atleast there isnt any PROOF of them violating...

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
was it really a slip of the tongue by Israel though? Could it not be a public display that they will not be dictated to by Iran?

I dont believe Israel 'slips' anything, they have a detailed agenda & i wouldnt be surprised if this is part of it somehow.

I agree though that they certainly should be inspected, its an absolute farce that Israel, being the most terrorist country in the world, can have secret nuclear arms.

SR

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I agree although i think Iran should be inspected by the UN itself Israel should disarm or something. Otherwise the arguement will always be we should have them as well from other countries in my opinion it's better if neither Iran or Israel had them.

new topics

top topics

join